SELECT CONTENT

Raven Gates - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 42 of 79 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 60 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Raven Gates - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 42 Empty Re: Raven Gates - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:30 am

IMO hitting is hitting.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Raven Gates - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 42 Empty Re: Raven Gates - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by ReneeM Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:27 am

It's really bugged me the praise I've seen Raven get for her story. I really like Raven, in the heat of the moment, emotions can get the best of you, I understand that. But I'm a firm believer in keeping your hands to yourself. People are praising her, calling her a badass , and it's all fun and jokes. What if her ex in that situation got his emotions caught up too, someone's hitting him, and he ends up smacking the sh*t out her in retaliation? What if the genders were reversed, and Raven was a man telling that story? The reaction has of the public has been terrible IMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:30 am

I admit I totally cheered for Raven when I saw the episode. I had forgotten this wasn't a Taylor Swift or Carrie Underwood video but something that happened in real life. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 's comments truly put it in perspective for me. I would be aghast if the roles were reversed. no no Now that I think about it, IMO TPTB shouldn't have aired that part and just stuck with the later part where she describes what she learnt from the experience. JMO.
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:32 am

My opinion is most of the "public" is not thinking beyond the superficial. Just like the Carrie Underwood song, the crowd will be singing at the top of their lungs and pumping their fists in support, but how many are seriously going to go out and do what she sang about? So that's how I personally take any of that public support. If they thought about it , their reactions might be less physical, if physical at all.
My mental state revolves around be careful who and how aggressive you come across as you never know what the other guy is packing...that goes for eye contact and onward.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:57 am

Thanks for putting the vids up!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:04 am

I have a niece who learned the hard way. She hit her first boyfriend during an argument not really hurting him and he responded by walloping her hard leaving her with a black eye and bruises. She wore sunglasses to her job because she looked so bad. Needless to say they broke up. IMO hitting is abuse either way and can escalate so it is dangerous for the weaker sex to start.

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:35 am

I feel like jumping in the bandwagon, but after my initial WOW, her story really isn't that badass. Women can cause serious injuries, even when hitting men, especially with hard objects. IMO.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:42 am

Lashing out with physical violence is actionable. In this franchise just reference Mary and Byron. I think Raven is fortunate her cheating ex did not call the cops. I understand her being angry but Violence is never the answer. Often these episodes escalate. Violence by Men or Women...IMO it is not acceptable.

I am all for Raven being a bad @ss. Show that by walking away...being strong in personal self worth, run your own businesses, and believe you deserve the best. I hope Raven realizes that being a strong woman does not mean delivering violent retribution.
All JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:27 am

coolangel wrote:I admit I totally cheered for Raven when I saw the episode. I had forgotten this wasn't a Taylor Swift or Carrie Underwood video but something that happened in real life. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 's comments truly put it in perspective for me. I would be aghast if the roles were reversed. no no Now that I think about it, IMO TPTB shouldn't have aired that part and just stuck with the later part where she describes what she learnt from the experience. JMO.

I had to go back and watch it again because I've been in the dark about this convo of her hitting him with a stiletto. A preview before their date started showed Raven telling Nick "I know what her vagina looks like." But it wasn't aired during the episode and neither was her story of getting there, walking in on them and hitting him.

It showed her saying her mom handed her her car keys and she sped to Little Rock, then it abruptly cut away to commercial and when it came back she was saying getting out of the relationship caused her to realize she needed to rethink what she wanted. (synopsis of her longer sentence.)

So was that part cut for all central time viewers or only those in the Arkansas or Little Rock market?

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:35 am

BKay wrote:
coolangel wrote:I admit I totally cheered for Raven when I saw the episode. I had forgotten this wasn't a Taylor Swift or Carrie Underwood video but something that happened in real life. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 's comments truly put it in perspective for me. I would be aghast if the roles were reversed. no no Now that I think about it, IMO TPTB shouldn't have aired that part and just stuck with the later part where she describes what she learnt from the experience. JMO.

I had to go back and watch it again because I've been in the dark about this convo of her hitting him with a stiletto. A preview before their date started showed Raven telling Nick "I know what her vagina looks like." But it wasn't aired during the episode and neither was her story of getting there, walking in on them and hitting him.

It showed her saying her mom handed her her car keys and she sped to Little Rock, then it abruptly cut away to commercial and when it came back she was saying getting out of the relationship caused her to realize she needed to rethink what she wanted. (synopsis of her longer sentence.)

So was that part cut for all central time viewers or only those in the Arkansas or Little Rock market?  
I'm in central time and saw it. I think it was only cut by ABC affiliates in Arkansas. You can probably watch the whole story on Hulu or maybe on ABC's website.

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:36 am

Yes, apparently a few different versions must have been aired. I heard the "vajay" word being used once before and once after a commercial. SO that was aired for east coast. We also got the stiletto beating report.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:41 am

^^Interesting [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Wonder why they opted to cut that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 79 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 60 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Raven Gates - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+84
MiaHawk
Loulou
Just Looking
traveler90
sharonchan