SELECT CONTENT

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 42 of 78 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 60 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 42 Empty Re: Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by umngirl Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:36 am

The show is already pointless, but if they don't get married soon it becomes even more pointless IMO.

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 42 87b72b10 Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 42 86669110 Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 42 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 42 Empty Re: Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Ash2214 Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:43 am

Yeah, I didn't get the vibe from that interview that a wedding was going to happen soon. It seemed like he was just doing damage control because half of the people commenting on the show think they have broken up. I think he was just simply saying that they're good and feel less stressed now that filming the show was over. I know the twins can be dumb at times, but considering they're actually friends with Ben and Lauren, I tend to believe them, especially since it's lined up with what Lauren and especially Ben have said repeatedly even before the show.

Filming this show set them back 4-5 months. The late spring and summer should have been for them to really be in a relationship together and to focus on that. Instead, they lived in a fake world during those months. If what Ben said in the interview yesterday is true and that they're feeling better and less stressed now that filming is over then I hope they spend the next few months just being together and learning about each othe and not rushing for a potential wedding. IMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:51 am

Alanna wrote:I wonder if they'll ever get married if they don't this winter. I liken it to people going from living together to getting separate places but staying together: it's a step backward and that is never a good thing IMO. They shouldn't have done the show if the wedding doesn't happen. It's like messing with the natural order of things and life going scripted. All IMO.

I think it's hard to say, but I don't see a breakup coming anytime soon either. If they'd been planning this wedding for a year and he then changed his mind, I'd take it as a really bad sign, but he seemed scared ever since CH made the offer and sort of had to be talked into saying yes in the first place. Then they barely started planning before he pulled the plug. I think he just genuinely feels it's too rushed and they don't have a solid enough partnership yet or cute stories to tell at their wedding or whatever. I think that's pretty normal for a guy his age. The only gripe I have is his behaviour after the finale, proposing to her again and telling everyone he'd marry her tomorrow. I guess it was more about trying to convince people that he's so over JoJo and totally committed to Lauren than about how he genuinely felt. Then again, if he did genuinely feel that way back then and after living together for a few months is suddenly not so sure, then it's not a very good sign. Hopefully that pre-marriage marriage counselling will be helpful and if not, they won't try to force things for the sake of the fairy tale.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:14 am

If I was in Lauren's spot, I'd have hard time believing that he's ready any time soon. Or is he just not ready with her. Is he telling her what she wants to hear, or what he's really feeling. Is he trying to safe face now? Is he backing out of the whole relationship slowly? When will he start doing some leg work? He pretty much pulled the rug from under her, she took his proposals and 'I'd marry her tomorrow if I could' as a fact. But he didn't mean it, really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:18 am

Like any other couple contemplating marriage, I would hope this couple takes that plunge only because they want to make a marital commitment vs feeling pressure from a show.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:30 am

What interview are we talking about?
Eta: I read the twins interview I didn't know Ben did an interview recently how do I find it?

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:41 am

Kashathediva wrote:Like any other couple contemplating marriage, I would hope this couple takes that plunge only because they want to make a marital commitment vs feeling pressure from a show.

:yes: Don't want to read that they'll be on MBC. Would rather read the "we remain friends" break up statement.

Lauren uprooted her life to move to Denver for Ben and as hard as it would be, I hope she doesn't (unconsciously\subconsciously) feel "pressured" to marry him because of that.
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:48 am

hae1001 wrote:This all goes back to was this "issue" even real, or is it contrived drama for the show? I'm going with the latter.

I have to agree with you because why the conversation with that elderly couple in the diner and the elder couple mention that he had cold feet also but he was glad he went thru with it because they have been together 70 years. Was that a sign that Ben would change his mind again? Also didn't they take engagement after that episode was aired?

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:00 am

Ash2214 wrote:@sosleepy I'm sure there were sweet moments and tones of love, but some of the things I've heard him say were quite harsh and not necessary.

It seems like "he doesn't really know her" is something he continuously says. Essentially saying they've accomplished nothing in their relationship along with essentially saying if she walked down the aisle towards him he wouldn't really know who she was fully is just crazy to me. No need for those blows one right after the other. No matter how sweet and loving he is to her I would be critical of that. JMO

What surprises me is that they did these type of questions about each other after the finale and they were pretty much in sync with their answers and what they knew about each other. Why all of a sudden after spending more time together they know less. Could those answers have been staged? Something about this just doesn't make sense to me.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:23 am

Yeah I think the questions might have been staged. Maybe not though because I have seen them play this game dozens of times and they get it wrong or write silly answers all the time. It has to be their least favorite game considering how often they are asked to play it. So I found the interview and it seems more likely to me there won't be an annoucement which makes me wonder why they made this show. The ending will feel unfinished or something and the parties... Odd.

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:36 am

mindless wrote:
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:
FMG2015 wrote:http://www.etonline.com/news/203032_exclusive_ben_higgins_and_lauren_bushnell_are_happier_than_ever/

I'm sure filming put this strain on their relationship, IMO. Long hours, producers setting up scenes, and spending 24/7 with each other would wreak havoc on most new couples relationship and intimacy. They went on vacation, went to Honduras and the holidays are coming so lots of quality time together without cameras which is what they've needed and have needed but that's their business and they are in it to learn from each other. Counseling seems to be encouraging them to communicate more which is a good thing.

I do wonder if this is all real and they do want to hold off, can they? It's been talked about that a televised wedding when TPTB want it is likely part of their contract. They seem to love Ben so would they make an exception? They were approached more than once for this show when they initially turned it down.
I don't even think negotiating with TPTB will be a problem, because they ARE going to get married in the next few months IMO. That interview with ET today pretty much solidified that IMO. They basically said that they're more relaxed now and yada yada.

I didn't get the impression that the wedding is somehow imminent. If they're feeling good and relaxed now thanks to there being no wedding pressure, then why would they start the wedding stress again? I think they'll wait a while. Then again I don't get the point of the bachelor/-ette parties in Vegas, if the wedding isn't anytime soon, even if it is all scripted filler. Maybe it's just some symbolic "next step" in place of a wedding rather than preceding one, I don't know. In any case the twins were there, yet they just told Us Weekly that they don't think Ben and Lauren will be getting married anytime soon, so I tend to take their word for it. I think they would know if the plans had changed (again).
Maybe the twins and Ben/Lauren are only saying the wedding isn't any time soon for the script, to not spoil the show. Maybe these next two episodes and/or the near future, a wedding will be announced.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:39 am

casjacknick wrote:What interview are we talking about?
Eta: I read the twins interview I didn't know Ben did an interview recently how do I find it?
The interview FMG posted with ET a few pages back.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 78 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 60 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+56
mamahamme
SarahD
sublime
Seabear
Newt