SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 74 of 79 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

cafedumonde - Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 74 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by OnePromise Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:48 pm

IMO, there is really no other choice for the next Bachelorette. It's been Rachel since Nick gave her the first impression rose that first night. The producers would be crazy to pass up the opportunity to have such an accomplished, intelligent and beautiful black woman as their next lead.  

I am not sure why they would announce it so early except that they might be looking for a few more men that are worthy of Rachel. When they announced Nick early they got a flood of applications. Maybe they are hoping for the same thing this time. And they will probably get it.

I'm so looking forward to next season now!!!! Nick, thanks for not choosing Rachel!

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

cafedumonde - Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 74 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by sosleepy Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:49 pm

If it's Rachel, I gotta say I'm enjoying these ballsy choices MF/Elan/ABC and co are making for the next lead! I'm so over the cookie cutter.  America needs this to happen. IMO.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:52 pm

DWTS is a stretch. I don't see how 'next season' can be tied into dwts, it could be BiP related but I doubt they'd have a big Jimmy Kimmel announcement for that. It also gives support to her being F3, they can announce her early w/o legitimately ruining the finale, because it'll come down to Raven/Vanessa. All JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:52 pm

sosleepy wrote:If it's Rachel, I gotta say I'm enjoying these ballsy choices MF/Elan/ABC and co are making for the next lead! I'm so over the cookie cutter.  America needs this to happen. IMO.

Me too. Kudos to them. I have noticed a great amount of activism on Elan/MF Twitter accounts in the past few months. They are very vocal.

Last edited by ElonM on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:54 pm

Considering the heavy promotion that Nick might get rejected at the end (again) and putting huge question mark on him being coupled up at all (let alone engaged), the possibility that towards the end and him not being good at "faking interest" is going to make his "F1" even more obvious, giving Rachel the chance to gain more fans and viewers to back her up in these final episodes does make sense.
Also to find the men interested in her and the Bach Nation to support her (clearly TPTB wants to "make history" with her). The show runners (TPTB) don't care about Nick and "happy couple", IMO, they care about the next "big fish" ... and this season is just a "springboard" for the next one, so it's likely that the edit will showcase why and how Rachel leaves (or maybe even walks away herself), giving her advantage. Just 2c.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I've noticed their activism too and often thought privately that might point towards them fighting for the show to take Rachel's direction.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:59 pm

sosleepy wrote:If it's Rachel, I gotta say I'm enjoying these ballsy choices MF/Elan/ABC and co are making for the next lead! I'm so over the cookie cutter.  America needs this to happen. IMO.

ITA! :yes: It's very rare for me to praise TPTB but I would give them major kudos if they choose Rachel esp in the current climate. Time for them to walk the talk IMO. yes
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:10 pm

coolangel wrote:I hadn't seen her sister's post earlier. I thought she just said that Rachel was going to be on JK.

I don't think she should have posted what she did - 'Major announcement' and 'next season' in the same sentence. no no TPTB are not going to like that IMO. I won't be surprised if the post vanishes in a few hours.

The post has been on the page since Tuesday, I don't think anyone notices. I was sleuthing and I clicked on the profile of the person that made the post noticed it was Rachel's sister.
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Well, smaller scale but they announced Nick while he was "still with Jen" in Paradise. So there is somewhat of a precedence for this. They also announced Emily way early into Ben Flapjack's season, effectively eliminating all his contestants from Bachelorette chatter.  So, there is also some precedence for early announcements. If the narrative is "Nick is left alone," maybe they don't really care and feel like the SPLASH of the early historic announcement outweighs the suspense of "who will Nick chose." (Because, come on, anyone with half a brain watching their interactions knows that's Vanessa anyway.:gotcha: laugh out loud)
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:22 pm

coolangel wrote:

ITA! :yes: It's very rare for me to praise TPTB but I would give them major kudos if they choose Rachel esp in the current climate. Time for them to walk the talk IMO. yes

If they really do make this decision at this time - it actually has a chance to actually matter I hope they are smart enough to allow this to be about giving her platform and edit to really find her love story while shining and being truly herself - Rachel -- an individual...IMHO that would be what would make this truly radical -- them allowing her to be fully Rachel rather than making this all about her being the "first black bachelorette"

I won't be surprised at all that Elan had a huge role in making Nick the bachelor and also in this decision...sometimes I think about him and I think that if the UNREAL show has any connection to his life - being an alcoholic, having a real conscience and battling with it at work cos he's so good at manipulating ppl...maybe we're seeing the version of that UNREAL tv show story where the producer's conscience wins and he has gained enough "power" to influence positive change.

I do also think tptb are at a point where they've stopped having to "prove themselves" and now have a lot of freedom to play and go a bit crazy and bring in their sense of humor - bring that BIP flavor into TB.

Mannn Nick must be the producers' favorite lead of all time! - all this drama over 4 seasons!!! (he had a huge role in ratings being great K's season I bet), the BIP flavor, entertaining, Corinne, and Rachel!
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:22 pm

Couldn't her JK appearance be similar to Corinne on Ellen?

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:23 pm

Dessler wrote:
coolangel wrote:I hadn't seen her sister's post earlier. I thought she just said that Rachel was going to be on JK.

I don't think she should have posted what she did - 'Major announcement' and 'next season' in the same sentence. no no TPTB are not going to like that IMO. I won't be surprised if the post vanishes in a few hours.

The post has been on the page since Tuesday, I don't think anyone notices. I was sleuthing and I clicked on the profile of the person that made the post noticed it was Rachel's sister.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Thanks! I hope many people don't notice it and it's not brought to TPTB's attention. I don't want her to get in trouble coz of it. My personal opinion is that all contestants and families should tread lightly when it comes to posting something like that. You don't have it in the bag till TPTB officially announce it IMO. Better to be cautious. All JMO.
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 74 of 79 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+73
Seabear
sosleepy
allicat
Topazgold
Jolena