SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 4 of 79 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:54 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
Sprite wrote:Does anyone think that Cameron might still be in the running for the next lead? I rather thought it was between him and Matty as to who the producers were considering.
I think he may be too young at 25/26....that would mean that 21 yr olds would be coming on the show....IMO they'd be looking at ones around the 30 yr mark.  What about Clancy....He seemed like a likeable guy?

I personally liked Clancy but he comes across as a bit too "Richie" IMO.

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:48 am

in_denial wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
Sprite wrote:Does anyone think that Cameron might still be in the running for the next lead? I rather thought it was between him and Matty as to who the producers were considering.
I think he may be too young at 25/26....that would mean that 21 yr olds would be coming on the show....IMO they'd be looking at ones around the 30 yr mark.  What about Clancy....He seemed like a likeable guy?

Sorry, but what does that mean??

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:51 am

Aunties_Love wrote:
in_denial wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:

Awkward, not very conversational - the opposite of what I think the Bach should be. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:05 am

Bobette wrote:
bach_ind wrote:

Weather he is a good lead or not, it's Ten's decision to make. I wouldn't mind if he is not the next lead either. I just want him to be happy. Weather he will be more hated or not, time will tell. Reading from his interview, he know that this will be a consequence.  I believe as long as he will pick media's favorite, or his F1 has better edit than F2 (if he is the next lead), then there will be less chance of backlash. But as far as I know, I've seen many articles that support him to be the next lead.

***EDIT**
All JMO

Good Post @bach_ind

I think it's fair enough Matty would still have feelings for Georgia 2 months after filming and if he'd said he was completely over her he'd be accused of not having feelings for her in the first place - classic "damned if you do and damned if you don't".

IMO, TPTB would see Matty as their best option to revive the flagging Bachelor AU franchise after the disastrous Richie season and the huge drop in ratings during Georgia's run, since he already has a large established fanbase in the wider community.

IMO none of the other contestant's from last season come close to matching his pulling power.  Now that the media is speculating he might be available, there will be a level of expectation and I think, for many, anyone else would be a disappointment.

IMO Matty has handled himself extremely well since the end of the show and I find him to be nothing other than genuine and respectful. I feel like his story is "unfinished", and IMO viewers would tune-in in droves to watch him find his HEA.  

If he's now feeling ready to move on, IMO Matty would make a great Lead, and I think TPTB will go all out to sign him up.
I just think that Matty would not be a good lead.  The things that he's said after the show in interviews, etc leads me to think that he's bitter, and self entitled to HIS season.  I think that the franchise would benefit from someone OTHER than Matty.  As far as Richie's season...how was it a disaster???  Just because he didn't choose Nikki???  Or based on ratings???  IMO a season of Matty won't bring the franchise up to snuff if it is just because of a ratings thing.  The words, etc that Matty has said in post season interviews leaves me thinking that he's not mature or ready for his season on this.  Also think that personality wise, as a viewer, I'd get into someone else than him.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:09 am

in_denial wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
bach_ind wrote:
Weather he is a good lead or not, it's Ten's decision to make. I wouldn't mind if he is not the next lead either. I just want him to be happy. Weather he will be more hated or not, time will tell. Reading from his interview, he know that this will be a consequence.  I believe as long as he will pick media's favorite, or his F1 has better edit than F2 (if he is the next lead), then there will be less chance of backlash. But as far as I know, I've seen many articles that support him to be the next lead.

***EDIT***
All JMO
With regards to Matty....I just thought that he was pretty much a gonner but as we've been told in the past numerous times, by now they really should be long over it and ready to move on in the media and everywhere....not carrying on a grudge, etc.  IMO that will give you no favors.  IMO, there would be a better lead in Clancy, Matt D or even Jake from this season or with Dave from last season if he's still not taken....IMO, Matty needs to grow up a bit.

I have not read anything that suggests Matty is holding onto a grudge. I barely see any articles about Matty now, so IMO, he isn't "milking" anything. Again, the media will release already published info to keep the story going *IMO*. **EDIT** Matty has - he is widely liked in the general public and the show knows this. He would therefore be the logical choice *IMO* for the next Bach if they choose to "recycle".
Well, as a viewer, it is really an impression that I got.  Matty's just not mature enough to be the lead.  Not ready to find someone and to tell the truth, find him milking it all and just not mature enough to pull off a season.  That along with just not my cup of tea, I'd prefer for there to be someone else......almost ANYONE else than Matty for that matter.  Just feel that Matty needs to seriously grow up before taking on a season on his own.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:12 am

in_denial wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
in_denial wrote:

Awkward, not very conversational - the opposite of what I think the Bach should be. JMO.
I didn't see that in Clancy at all and for what it's worth, I think that there can be something with being too chatty and not really great conversationalist like Matty. Guess I found a lot of superficial stuff in what he was saying....again, just my opinion from watching the show. With Clancy, I thought he said more important stuff when he spoke than just saying nonsense stuf.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:36 am

Aunties_Love wrote:
in_denial wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:

I didn't see that in Clancy at all and for what it's worth, I think that there can be something with being too chatty and not really great conversationalist like Matty.  Guess I found a lot of superficial stuff in what he was saying....again, just my opinion from watching the show.  With Clancy, I thought he said more important stuff when he spoke than just saying nonsense stuf.

I was only making comparisons between Richie and Clancy, as that is what I was clarifying re: the "too Richie" comment. IMO, all the other Bachelors I have seen (Australian) have been good conversationalists, just not Richie. The date between Georgia and Clancy was very awkward IMO. I liked the guy, just don't think he can carry off being the Bachelor. Not sure what Matty has got to do with the discussion though?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:36 am

Some likes Matty, some doesn't, same case for every contestants.
But I don't see immaturity in Matty post show, I actually see pretty much the same as Nikki. They talked simile thing, like not ready for another relationship yet, take time to heal, lucky to have family friends and fans support, etc. So I think it's the same old F2 speech, and didn't indicate anything negative to me in Nikki nor Matty's case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:39 am

peggy0221 wrote:Some likes Matty, some doesn't, same case for every contestants.
But I don't see immaturity in Matty post show, I actually see pretty much the same as Nikki. They talked simile thing, like not ready for another relationship yet, take time to heal, lucky to have family friends and fans support, etc. So I think it's the same old F2 speech, and didn't indicate anything negative to me in Nikki nor Matty's case.

Nikki and Matty were both just doing what was asked of them, media wise IMO. I would love it if they both turned out to be the next Au leads!

Last edited by in_denial on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:43 am

in_denial wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
in_denial wrote:

I didn't see that in Clancy at all and for what it's worth, I think that there can be something with being too chatty and not really great conversationalist like Matty.  Guess I found a lot of superficial stuff in what he was saying....again, just my opinion from watching the show.  With Clancy, I thought he said more important stuff when he spoke than just saying nonsense stuf.

I was only making comparisons between Richie and Clancy, as that is what I was clarifying re: the "too Richie" comment. IMO, all the other Bachelors I have seen (Australian) have been good conversationalists, just not Richie. The date between Georgia and Clancy was very awkward IMO. I liked the guy, just don't think he can carry off being the Bachelor. Not sure what Matty has got to do with the discussion though?
I was responding to other thoughts that you had posted regarding Matty so included my responses in the post that I made.

IMO, just the fact that he has seemed like he's entitled as well as just some other comments that he's made makes me think that he's still got a grudge happening.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:46 am

peggy0221 wrote:Some likes Matty, some doesn't, same case for every contestants.
This is why I guess most bach franchises have gone with the typical F3-5 as the next lead versus picking the F2 to run in the very next season. To me, not enough time has gone by for it to be believable. Therefore, IMO going by that theory, we are looking at the F3 to F6 this time around as well.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:12 am

Aunties_Love wrote:
Bobette wrote:
bach_ind wrote:

***EDIT**
All JMO

Good Post @bach_ind

I think it's fair enough Matty would still have feelings for Georgia 2 months after filming and if he'd said he was completely over her he'd be accused of not having feelings for her in the first place - classic "damned if you do and damned if you don't".

IMO, TPTB would see Matty as their best option to revive the flagging Bachelor AU franchise after the disastrous Richie season and the huge drop in ratings during Georgia's run, since he already has a large established fanbase in the wider community.

IMO none of the other contestants from last season come close to matching his pulling power.  Now that the media is speculating he might be available, there will be a level of expectation and I think, for many, anyone else would be a disappointment.

IMO Matty has handled himself extremely well since the end of the show and I find him to be nothing other than genuine and respectful. I feel like his story is "unfinished", and IMO viewers would tune-in in droves to watch him find his HEA.  

If he's now feeling ready to move on, IMO Matty would make a great Lead, and I think TPTB will go all out to sign him up.
I just think that Matty would not be a good lead.  The things that he's said after the show in interviews, etc leads me to think that he's bitter, and self entitled to HIS season.  I think that the franchise would benefit from someone OTHER than Matty.  As far as Richie's season...how was it a disaster???  Just because he didn't choose Nikki???  Or based on ratings???  IMO a season of Matty won't bring the franchise up to snuff if it is just because of a ratings thing.  The words, etc that Matty has said in post season interviews leaves me thinking that he's not mature or ready for his season on this.  Also think that personality wise, as a viewer, I'd get into someone else than him.

Yes, by disaster I am referring to the ratings slump and heated backlash, with many viewers swearing they would never watch the show again.  Pretty disastrous IMO for the producers who's livelihood depends on people watching their show, and a situation I don't think they'd want to repeat.  

They need a popular, attractive, articulate, capable lead who has good on-screen presence and above all is DESIRABLE to contestants and viewers alike.  A man who women would quite literally compete with each other to date (since let's face it, that's the whole premise of the show).

Matty is the only one from Georgia's season who fits all of those criteria IMO. Cameron, Jake and Clancy are all likeable in their own ways, but i don't think any of them have the "star quality" a Lead requires.  If not Matty, they are going to have to bring in a red hot random new guy, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 79 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+39
stuckinsc
catalyst
Amalia
mercieme
Wrecking Ball
Zaynab
robinvi
pvpr
carraiger
ThankMeLater
Hearts_And_Roses