SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - F1- F6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - F1- F6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - F1- F6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by brownravens Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:31 pm

lightredemption wrote:Matty literally gave a monologue on all the things he loves about Georgia: how ambitious he is, how smart she is, how funny she is...

Just quietly I love that he started with ambitious! I think it shows he knows her desires well...
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - F1- F6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - F1- F6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by SugarAndSpice Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:34 pm

Dirty Street Pie wrote:I
What a day for the forum to go down! Oh wait, tomorrow would be worse  cantstopl

I think there's a difference between Survivor and Bachelor with the betting, as you said [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Kristie was a raging hot favourite from about week 2, when she had absolutely no reason to be,  she was in a terrible position in the game, and was being portrayed as being completely unhinged, while Lee has always been to the forefront, sure he's had times where he's been a bit quieter, but he's always been a contender.

I can't remember off the top of my head who was favoured in Richie's season, but I think it was Alex, until right before the end when "Nikki for F1" went into overdrive, because that's what the edit was showing.

I wonder though about betting for Richie's season, and it just leads to a lot of question. Alex got the white rose in the first episode, surely that might sway viewers into betting for her, thus lowering her odds. Are there betting odds on contestants before the Ep1 actually goes to air? Or does betting (and odds) only become available after the first episode?

Last edited by SugarAndSpice on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
SugarAndSpice
SugarAndSpice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:36 pm

Gosh. Where did the forum go. I was having panic attacks. Lol
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:38 pm

Dirty Street Pie wrote:I
Bobette wrote:OK so this may seem a bit off topic and a warning it contains a spoiler alert for any fans of Survivor who haven't watched last night's finale yet, but I think it's also a massive clue for F1 so bear with me...

So after Kristie's surprise win in Survivor last night I checked the Sportsbet odds and they had her as favourite almost from the start (see screenshot from odds at 5th Sept).  This is so incredibly dodgy!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

She was amazing in the last episode but up till then her gameplay was completely flakey and she's been on the chopping block every week.  I just don't believe anyone without insider knowledge would have tipped her to win.

Which makes me think Sportsbet is definitely being fed information.  Lee being the hot favourite to win Bachette didn't seem suspicious because he's so popular but Kristie?  Totally different story. I'm now convinced Lee is F1.
What a day for the forum to go down! Oh wait, tomorrow would be worse  cantstopl

I think there's a difference between Survivor and Bachelor with the betting, as you said [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Kristie was a raging hot favourite from about week 2, when she had absolutely no reason to be,  she was in a terrible position in the game, and was being portrayed as being completely unhinged, while Lee has always been to the forefront, sure he's had times where he's been a bit quieter, but he's always been a contender.

I can't remember off the top of my head who was favoured in Richie's season, but I think it was Alex, until right before the end when "Nikki for F1" went into overdrive, because that's what the edit was showing.

Exactly.  And yes, Alex was also favourite early on even when a lot of viewers were thinking she was just embarrassing herself by being so clingy and full-on.  Combine this with the fact that betting on Lee was reportedly restricted to $10 max and to me it's clear the betting folk know something - and clearly they think Lee's got it in the bag.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:42 pm

My book club book is boring so instead of reading last night I went back and watched all the Georgia and Matty moments - Oh and I put my Lee coloured reading glasses on the nightstand.

Well - I finally and totally get it now!! Matty is perfect for Georgia (so is Lee but in a completely different way) and I think that if she chooses him she would have a guy that is incredibly open, genuine and caring.

Still have no clue who F1 is but can now see why there was so much 'Matty Love' while I was in 'Matty Like'.

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarAndSpice Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:49 pm

Bobette wrote:

Exactly.  And yes, Alex was also favourite early on even when a lot of viewers were thinking she was just embarrassing herself by being so clingy and full-on.  Combine this with the fact that betting on Lee was reportedly restricted to $10 max and to me it's clear the betting folk know something - and clearly they think Lee's got it in the bag.

Matty was also restricted on the first week to $10 max. The following day could bet up to $100 on Lee and $60 on Matty. I didn't follow max bets after that week. It seems to change every day/week. Definitely need to pay more attention to odds and max bets next season!
SugarAndSpice
SugarAndSpice

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:57 pm

SugarAndSpice wrote:
Bobette wrote:

Matty was also restricted on the first week to $10 max. The following day could bet up to $100 on Lee and $60 on Matty. I didn't follow max bets after that week. It seems to change every day/week. Definitely need to pay more attention to odds and max bets next season!

Oh OK, that's interesting - I didn't realise Matty was also restricted.  Hmmmm.... I really didn't place too much stock on the betting odds before last night.  Lee being odd-on favourite seemed reasonable and justified, and even with Alex from Richie's season, she got the white rose so there was at least something behind her odds.  

But Kristie being favourite with absolutely no justification from what we saw on the show, nor even from social media (she wasn't a fan favourite - lots of people thought she was playing very poorly) is a huge red flag.  I wonder who the insiders are that are betting and driving down the odds - friends of cameramen perhaps???!
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarAndSpice Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:01 pm

Bobette wrote:
SugarAndSpice wrote:
Bobette wrote:

Oh OK, that's interesting - I didn't realise Matty was also restricted.  Hmmmm.... I really didn't place too much stock on the betting odds before last night.  Lee being odd-on favourite seemed reasonable and justified, and even with Alex from Richie's season, she got the white rose so there was at least something behind her odds.  

But Kristie being favourite with absolutely no justification from what we saw on the show, nor even from social media (she wasn't a fan favourite - lots of people thought she was playing very poorly) is a huge red flag.  I wonder who the insiders are that are betting and driving down the odds - friends of cameramen perhaps???!

Stylists, catering crew, on-set medical staff the list goes on!
SugarAndSpice
SugarAndSpice

Back to top Go down

Post by romance realist Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:05 pm

I just placed a bet on Matty.
Could be pretty easy $ I thought.
This required making an online account with the bookie and placing funds into that account.
I deposited $50 but when I went to bet the whole amount, I found out there is a $28 limit for betting on the Bach. So I think these betting agencies use these kinds of bets to attract new custom. What they win or lose in monetary terms is not the win for them. What they gain is a swag of new customers like me who will now return to their website to bet their remaining funds and a % of those will become returnees. I aim to win a measly amount and then close the account. The process of making the bet reveals the other business decisions behind Bach betting and IMO we should not read anything much into it.
IMO

romance realist

Female Posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarAndSpice Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:13 pm

romance realist wrote:I just placed a bet on Matty.
This required making an online account with the bookie and placing funds into that account.
I deposited $50 but when I went to bet the whole amount, I found out there is a $28 limit for betting on the Bach. So I think these betting agencies use these kinds of bets to attract new custom. What they win or lose in monetary terms is not the win for them. What they gain is a swag of new customers like me who will now return to their website to bet their remaining funds and a % of those will become returnees. I aim to win a measly amount and then close the account. The process of making the bet reveals the other business decisions behind Bach betting and IMO we should not read anything much into it.
IMO

Wahh?? That can't be right. The max Bet on Lee at the moment is $500 (1.40:1) and Matty J $114 (2.75:1). My partner's account has $50 on Matty J, but its split between 5 bets at $10 each (between his mates) but all on the same account. I don't understand sportsbet at all!
SugarAndSpice
SugarAndSpice

Back to top Go down

Post by romance realist Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:23 pm

SugarAndSpice wrote:
romance realist wrote:I just placed a bet on Matty.
IMO

Wahh?? That can't be right. The max Bet on Lee at the moment is $500 (1.40:1) and Matty J $114 (2.75:1). My partner's account has $50 on Matty J, but its split between 5 bets at $10 each (between his mates) but all on the same account. I don't understand sportsbet at all!

I bet with a different bookie than sportsbet and to be accurate the limit of $28 may only have been on Matty.
Interesting that they have limited the bet on Matty more than Lee which is essentially shifting the maths in a different way to using the odds.
Sneaky IMO

romance realist

Female Posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:28 pm

This is all very interesting.  

Not a gambler myself (and yes I agree @romance realist - it does sound like they're using TV as a 'hook' to get people into their system) but I'm definitely going to be keeping a much closer eye on the betting next season.

I'm sure people that work on the show have to sign something saying they won't reveal the winner but that certainly wouldn't stop them getting a friend of a friend to place a bet on a sure thing and then splitting the profits.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - F1- F6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+40
LingLing
Sprite
ElonM
Carine
mrsT
Flowergrrl
richmond1
coconutgurl
Mmm
Dirty Street Pie
lightredemption