SELECT CONTENT

Mike Ogilvie - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Fan Forum

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

respect - Mike Ogilvie - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Fan Forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Ogilvie - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Fan Forum

Post by siena Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:33 am

Thanks @Joy15! blowkiss

Something I loved about that scene is that in Mike's ITM he says "I've let her know how I feel and it's just tough for her because she's the one who has to make the decisions now." It's the same way he reacted on that 2-1. It's the same way he spoke to Jasmine on that first night. With understanding and empathy for what she must be going through. Always with consideration about how this process was affecting her. Now that's character IMO.

I thought this piece of dialogue was interesting as well. Jasmine: "I kind of was thinking that maybe my feelings had just developed faster than his, and then he comes through the door and says everything I'd wanted him to say."

What's implied in that statement IMO is that Jasmine had also started to fall for Mike. But it seems that without the confirmation that Mike was on the same page, she had already made up her mind about what was going to happen at the RC. I think it was just too late.

Mike's Dad said something else during the HTD. "It's something that you've never experience before, which can only be good. That's what we're all about. Having new experiences." Whatever happens in life, it can always help you grow and learn. If Mike keeps following Pops Ogilvie's advice then I think he'll be on the right track. yes

"You know what love is? It is all kindness, generosity." ~ Rumi

siena

Back to top Go down

respect - Mike Ogilvie - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Fan Forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Ogilvie - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Fan Forum

Post by Joy15 Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:18 am

siena wrote:Thanks @Joy15! blowkiss

Something I loved about that scene is that in Mike's ITM he says "I've let her know how I feel and it's just tough for her because she's the one who has to make the decisions now." It's the same way he reacted on that 2-1. It's the same way he spoke to Jasmine on that first night. With understanding and empathy for what she must be going through. Always with consideration about how this process was affecting her. Now that's character IMO.

I thought this piece of dialogue was interesting as well. Jasmine: "I kind of was thinking that maybe my feelings had just developed faster than his, and then he comes through the door and says everything I'd wanted him to say."

What's implied in that statement IMO is that Jasmine had also started to fall for Mike. But it seems that without the confirmation that Mike was on the same page, she had already made up her mind about what was going to happen at the RC. I think it was just too late.

Mike's Dad said something else during the HTD. "It's something that you've never experience before, which can only be good. That's what we're all about. Having new experiences." Whatever happens in life, it can always help you grow and learn. If Mike keeps following Pops Ogilvie's advice then I think he'll be on the right track. yes

yeah..Mikey is an epitome of empathy and thoughtfulness hearthumbsup

i wished so hard the Canadian franchise would go the Aussie/NZ route....without a pressure of an engagement. The Stat of the successful couples are also impressive..with most of them still stay together!. This will allow a more natural ,at normal pace relationship to develop on the show, that could bloom into something more powerful and real after show. IMO. I think a 'rational' contestant ala Mikey more fit with this kind of format. (Sasha anyone?...). Oh well..... hmmm
Joy15
Joy15

Back to top Go down

Post by Baseball Mom Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 am

Hello, Ladies!  handwave  Glad to see all of you here on Mikey's fan thread. Enjoying all the insights above and have to agree with everyone's comment about how lovely and warm Mike's family is. When Mikey finally finds THE ONE, that girl would be so loved.

My take on what some people call "last minute declaration of love" from Mike......please don't hate me  Praying  but I think our boy just wasn't ready to say those words. Like the panel at the After Show was saying, their relationsip didn't progress at the speed that the show demanded. And to me that's just fine. You have to live with this person once the show is over so if you're not sure about your feelings why would you rush to say ILY. And I know he went to see Jasmine before the RC to tell her that he was falling for her but even then, it felt a little forced. When he said that it's hard to flat out say the words when Jasmine asked him how he felt about her, I think it was because he wasn't really sure if what he was feeling was truly love. He just needed a little more time  to sort out his feelings. IMO, even while in the Bachelorette bubble, Mike was very much a realist and stayed true to himself and refused to get sucked in and in the end, I feel that's a really good thing, despite the outcome :yes:

You say that you love rain but you open your umbrella when it rains. You say that you love the sun, but you find a shadowy spot when the sun shines. You say that you love the wind, but you close your window when the wind blows. This is why I am afraid when you say that you love me too. -unknown
Baseball Mom
Baseball Mom

Female Posts : 922

Back to top Go down

Post by siena Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:57 am

@Baseball Mom I think that's why I kind of liked that Mike just said that he was "falling in love" to Jasmine. I think that both Mike and Jasmine were at the "falling" stage, in contrast to the other's saying "I am completely in love with you". Had there been more time, or if this was a different format, perhaps things could have continued to progress.

I agree it's great that Mike stayed true to himself throughout. His father said that he knew Mike would've been introspective during the process, and I do think there was an aspect of Mike getting caught up in his own mind. Mike said he wished he'd spoken to his father earlier, and IMO that HTD did put certain things into perspective which led to the pre-RC talk. Ultimately though I think this will all work out as it's meant to. And yes so true, when Mike finds the ONE Mike's family will be so loving and welcoming. Smiley

siena

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy15 Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:46 pm

Too cute! Pop O and Mikey in Mikey's Family Album thumbsup

http://www.wnetwork.com/shows/bachelorette-canada/clips?v=4F1473C5-3AA3-A550-CE05-21864FF1F2DA

Back to top Go down

Post by Baseball Mom Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:10 pm

Joy15 wrote:Too cute! Pop O and Mikey in Mikey's Family Album  thumbsup

http://www.wnetwork.com/shows/bachelorette-canada/clips?v=4F1473C5-3AA3-A550-CE05-21864FF1F2DA

Loved it...Mikey and his dad have similar voices Smiley

You say that you love rain but you open your umbrella when it rains. You say that you love the sun, but you find a shadowy spot when the sun shines. You say that you love the wind, but you close your window when the wind blows. This is why I am afraid when you say that you love me too. -unknown
Baseball Mom
Baseball Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by siena Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:35 pm

What an adorable video!  yes  Here's some of Mike's childhood pics.

respect - Mike Ogilvie - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Fan Forum - Page 2 2j5xgeg
respect - Mike Ogilvie - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Fan Forum - Page 2 Tziq0
respect - Mike Ogilvie - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Fan Forum - Page 2 Iefcig
Source: My screenshots

siena

Back to top Go down

Post by Baseball Mom Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:11 pm

Thanks, Siena! Those side by side photos of him in a suit and his younger self in a bow-tie is super cute awwww

Baseball Mom
Baseball Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by siena Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:26 pm

No problem @Baseball Mom. So cute!! And yes Mike and his Dad have lots of similarities.
There's an old instagram pic I'll bring over that's really endearing (as is the caption). laugh out loud

B.C here I come...me at 28 AND when I'm 65 years old!! I wonder if I've improved at guitar between now and then?? #betterwithage #dadsthatrock #notpluggingnorthface by @ogilmike

siena

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:16 pm

These two are just adorable. I hope Mike do the bachelor

Back to top Go down

Post by Baseball Mom Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:21 pm

Yup, that prominent chin definitely runs in the family giggling And yet, he and his brother are quite different. He has dark coloured hair while Mikey's is a dirty blonde but both very good-looking in thier own unique way beatingheart

Baseball Mom
Baseball Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by siena Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:12 am

Yes @Joy15 I meant to mention that VO where Jasmine says about Mike: "I know that if he allowed himself to open up I think that he would be the person that I would end up with."

In Sharleen's recap she mentioned that she clearly had a soft spot for Mike and Jasmine and that she was mourning what could have been. I know some people didn't see anything between them, but I saw the foundation of what could've been something very special from the first night. Sharleen said that for some reason she felt like Mike and Jasmine could've been totally happy under other circumstances. And that it was as though they had dated and got to know each other at a real world pace, but because of time constraints and other factors the relationship just never got to the part where it could blossom. I think I feel the same way about it.

When Jasmine said post-show that her relationship goal was to go from friends to lovers I really thought that could connect to Jasmine and Mike. I thought that even though their relationship was taking more time to develop than others, once it had a little more time it could've grown into something wonderful. I especially thought Cuba and meeting Jasmine's Mother and sister could've been incredible. But alas that wasn't to be, not within the framework of this show.

And I respect that. Mike wasn't yet ready to say that he was "completely in love'". But I think that if he had reached that point with some more time, it would've been for forever. All JMO.

siena

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Mike Ogilvie - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Fan Forum

+12
Sprite
albean99
Idlemess
bluwavz
LeapofFaith