SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion- *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 71 of 81 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 76 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion- *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 71 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion- *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by OnePromise Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:27 pm

When I first heard that interview in December before the show started to air, I thought he was talking about Rachel.

Mills comparison to Kaitlyn was only in regards to her ability to show interest in more than one guy at a time (versus Bachelorettes like Andi or Jojo who picked out one main guy to focus on early). He also said the woman he had in mind reminded him of Ali and she was one of my favorite Bachelorettes.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion- *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 71 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion- *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by shaughnessyb Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:33 pm

OnePromise wrote:When I first heard that interview in December before the show started to air, I thought he was talking about Rachel.

Mills comparison to Kaitlyn was only in regards to her ability to show interest in more than one guy at a time (versus Bachelorettes like Andi or Jojo who picked out one main guy to focus on early). He also said the woman he had in mind reminded him of Ali and she was one of my favorite Bachelorettes.

Granted, we have only seen two episodes of the season- we don't know yet how it might play out or which girl will fit Millsy's description best. What struck me the most about what he said is that Bettes who set their sights on one guy early on are inferior to those like Kaitlyn, Ali- who bring more ambiguity. In Ali's case, a lack of class wasn't an issue, but it definitely was in Kaitlyn's, IMO. To me, it just shows that their selection process for the Bette is more focused on how entertaining that person will be than how deserving they are of love or how quality of a human being they are. Even though they sometimes go to great lengths to create a perception that this isn't the case and the drama just happens organically. In keeping with my other posts on this subject, I'm not exactly surprised- it's just a good reminder of what TPTB's incentives are to cast a lead, regardless of what we perceive as viewers. JMHOAA!!
shaughnessyb
shaughnessyb

Female Posts : 402

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:40 pm

shaughnessyb wrote:@Kasha, ITA that entertainment has always been the priority of the show. But since I tend to watch it for the love story (I know, I know Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion- *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 71 3806527698) and just settle for the train wreck if I have to, it can sometimes startle me to hear how plainly the producers talk about it. I guess it's a good reality check to level my expectations and remind me what their intentions are.

There is nothing wrong with anyone watching it for whatever reason they choose, imo, romance included. As long as you are fully aware of who the producers are and what their mindset. No reason to overly disappoint yourself. giggling

ETA I think production will tease the audience/viewer with Rachel, Raven and Corrine as being prospective 'Ette until down to the wire. I think it will be between the 2R's. (hopefully)

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:54 pm

Hopefully the viewers never warm up to Corinne, so TPTB don't have any excuse to make her the lead.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:23 am

An interview with Nick where he talks about part of the reason why he gave Corrine the group date rose:

https://www.mediavillage.com/article/for-bachelor-nick-viall-its-all-about-the-experience-not-the-journey/

He says that he wanted to see how the women handled confrontation - with open communication or talking behind his back. I guess Vanessa cut right to the chase and gave him the answer he was looking for.

And a video interview about Corinne as well:

http://et.tv/2ilXIeW

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:04 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
shaughnessyb wrote:
OnePromise wrote:Great interview with Robert Mills:

https://m.soundcloud.com/ewradio/abc-executive-robert-mills-calls-in-and-dishes-about-the-upcoming-season-of-bachelor

Some highlights:
Nick "keeps it in his pants until the FS" - heard at about 4:30

Discussing the main candidate for the next Bachelorette - around 9:30

Chad will be back for BIP, he signed his contract - around 11:10

Millsy's comments about the Bette make me worry they are considering Corinne, especially with the Kaitlyn comparison. Also really shows the value they place on entertainment vs. the love story. I hope I'm just interpreting it wrong, because I really don't see that being a good call for the franchise. Particularly with so many quality women this season who would be muchhhh classier alternatives.

Great interview overall, though! Always interesting for me to hear what makes leads good or bad in the eyes of the execs.

Hate to say it, but no surprise to me at all. I've mentioned it a couple of times now.

First she gets more screen time then any one else. Yes, she's a wreck, but they love the trash and IMo they are itching for another trashy 'ette season.
Corrine posts on her IG that she's been through a lot and we'll see her unravel IMO aka viewers feel sorry for her sob story
CH tweets something stupid about considering her nanny for the 'ette.
MF tweets if she's not the F1 how about the 'ette.

I totally agree! Unless people on SM make it CLEAR to MF (and so far that's not happening), then I really think she'd be the Bachelorette over Rachel or Raven.

I keep reading on social media (twitter mostly) that she's getting the most 'votes' for being in their Top 5.

Perhaps that will change when Rachel starts being shown.

I really can see Raven pushing for Rachel to be the next Bachelorette. I really do.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchycheeto Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:05 am

@OnePromise Thanks for sharing! Yeah, I can totally see Nick doing something that may be perceived as unpopular just to see how people react to the fallout. I can see why some people might be put off by the 'experimental' aspect of his decision, mostly because it doesn't fall within this romantic, fairy tale narrative. But I see it as Nick gaming the system a bit so he can more easily pick out those strong, outspoken, and confident women.

'Gaming the system' makes it sound calculating, but I promise I mean that in a positive way Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion- *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 71 2498057887 . Then again, I'm always more interested in how people instinctively react to situations than learning self-curated bits of information that people choose to share.
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:08 am

crunchycheeto wrote:@OnePromise Thanks for sharing! Yeah, I can totally see Nick doing something that may be perceived as unpopular just to see how people react to the fallout. I can see why some people might be put off by the 'experimental' aspect of his decision, mostly because it doesn't fall within this romantic, fairy tale narrative. But I see it as Nick gaming the system a bit so he can more easily pick out those strong, outspoken, and confident women.

'Gaming the system' makes it sound calculating, but I promise I mean that in a positive way  Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion- *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 71 2498057887 . Then again, I'm always more interested in how people instinctively react to situations than learning self-curated bits of information that people choose to share.

I don't know if I buy that. There's only so much 'testing' I could get as a reason why he takes her to Final 4.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchycheeto Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:09 am

@atem He did mention that it wasn't the ONLY reason that he did it. But I can totally see that he was aware enough of the fallout it would cause, and he was interested in seeing how the other women would react. I think multiple factors played into that decision, IMO.
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:13 am

How I read it was more like "The producers told me to give the rose to Corinne and while I wasn't excited by the idea knowing how the other women would feel about it, I eventually saw a possible silver lining and agreed to go along with it". JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:34 am

'I'm always happy' ....gag me. What a bunch of bull there.

Anyone find it odd that this article made it seem like he's vague if he finds love, but other article are 'I FOUND LOVE' declarations?

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:53 am

mindless wrote:How I read it was more like "The producers told me to give the rose to Corinne and while I wasn't excited by the idea knowing how the other women would feel about it, I eventually saw a possible silver lining and agreed to go along with it". JMO.

His blog makes a different rationale that he wanted to help Corinne feel good despite the target then being on her back because she was soley focused on him and their relationship or something like that -- I'm starting to strongly suspect that a lot of Nick's media talk is spin...and he's imo smart enough to spin really well.
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 81 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 76 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion- *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+71
allykat
Mommyof2
Cila51290
Cocoasneeze
casjacknick