SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 42 of 77 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 59 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DenimnDiamonds - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 42 Empty Re: DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by mindless Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:05 pm

Are both the couples in jeopardy actually in the bottom two or do they pick the other couple at random?
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

DenimnDiamonds - DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 42 Empty Re: DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by LoveDovez Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:07 pm

I thought Nick did really good and saw a lot of improvement. I called him in 44 votes and now I gotta get online and vote for him.; )
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by cookielover12 Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:07 pm

I think they pick the couples with the lowest scores
cookielover12
cookielover12

Back to top Go down

Post by pikake Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:08 pm

mindless wrote:Are both the couples in jeopardy actually in the bottom two or do they pick the other couple at random?

IIRC in the past it hasn't necessarily meant they were actually in the bottom two, but maybe someone else knows for sure.

pikake

Female Posts : 977

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:13 pm

mindless wrote:Are both the couples in jeopardy actually in the bottom two or do they pick the other couple at random?

If this article is true, not necessarily.

http://www.wetpaint.com/what-does-mean-jeopardy-showrunner-827211/

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:14 pm

pikake wrote:

IIRC in the past it hasn't necessarily meant they were actually in the bottom two, but maybe someone else knows for sure.

That's what I thought. I think Nick was in jeopardy because he had a pretty bad week last week and he was close to the bottom in the scores, but he could've been way higher in the combined total. They try to keep the voting order a secret so it makes sense to put bad performances in the bottom for dramatic effect.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:15 pm

pikake wrote:

I had read on another forum that it's in the words they speak. Sometimes, they'll just say jeopardy if it's not actually the bottom two. Other times, they'll say, the couples with the lowest combined total with judges scores and votes are the ones in jeopardy. They are careful with the words.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:17 pm

coolangel wrote:
pikake wrote:

I had read on another forum that it's in the words they speak. Sometimes, they'll just say jeopardy if it's not actually the bottom two. Other times, they'll say, the couples with the lowest combined total with judges scores and votes are the ones in jeopardy. They are careful with the words.

All JMO

I only heard "one of the couples in jeopardy has the lowest combined total" this week, which made me think it probably wasn't the real bottom two. But maybe I missed something.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:21 pm

Oh, good catch!
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:27 pm

mindless wrote:
coolangel wrote:

All JMO

I only heard "one of the couples in jeopardy has the lowest combined total" this week, which made me think it probably wasn't the real bottom two. But maybe I missed something.

That'll always be the case for the eliminated couple. From what I remember reading, after they announce the couples in jeopardy, they sometimes say that these are the two couples with the lowest combined total and one of them will be eliminated if it's indeed the bottom two. If it's not the case, they'll never say that. However, if they don't say anything, jeopardy may or may not mean bottom two.

Just saw the article @onepromise posted. That was also what the blog post with insider sources had alluded to.

DWTS showrunner Conrad Green is leaving the show after Season 18, so he went ahead and spilled a few beans to The Hollywood Reporter. When asked how producers decide who will be placed “in jeopardy” during the show, Conrad answered, “Well, sometimes the people in jeopardy are the next-lowest-scoring person, and sometimes they’re completely not. Usually it’s whatever we think is best for dramatic effect.” So he’s coming right out and admitting it’s purely a dramatic device.

How often is it the real bottom two? “Probably less frequently than it isn’t,” Conrad admitted. “But sometimes it is. And when you get to the end of the show, that’s much more likely. It’s quite interesting being able to do results throughout the show and then have an elimination at the end, and I feel like we’ve got it better this season, how to make one whole show work. Putting people in jeopardy allows this sort of narrative to play out in a more understandable way at the end.”
Source
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:34 pm

Yes, it goes without saying that the eliminated couple has the lowest combined total, which is why it stuck out to me that they spelled it out. Made me think the other couple, as in Nick and Peta, had no business being in jeopardy really except that it perhaps made the most sense based on their performance last week.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:54 am

I know from previous seasons that the 'bottom two/three' is rarely the actual bottom two. The one that goes home is the lowest combined score but the other couples are usually just there for drama/suspense/storylines.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 77 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 59 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+67
Mgrissom
chrissy1295
Stacia620
Zaynab
nutty1