SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #7

Page 61 of 79 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #7 - Page 61 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #7

Post by Kashathediva Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:20 am

I get it. I do too.
The thing is, I go from thread to thread and see the same old. I see the same stirrer uppers, only it's a different side of the fence and it's frankly childish, IMO when members start baiting members in the sake of opinions of fanism.
TBH--most of us will never meet these people whether it be Trista, Ashley/JP, JoJo, BenLo, Becca, Nick,  whomever. But maybe we will meet GuardianAngel or Alanna or LadyBug or at least talk to these members for years. So it's important to me to foster some type of respect for us... not so much for these tv fans.
I apologize to you Alanna for my snarky post above and am leaving it in and not deleting it so others can see I was bitchy to you and feel enough to you as a member who has earned my respect over the years. YOU mean more to me than any 2 dimensional cast on this show. hearthumbsup
Now please members...
Let's all have a nice Friday.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #7 - Page 61 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #7

Post by Alanna Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:24 am

Kashathediva wrote:I get it. I do too.
The thing is, I go from thread to thread and see the same old. I see the same stirrer uppers, only it's a different side of the fence and it's frankly childish, IMO when members start baiting members in the sake of opinions of fanism.
TBH--most of us will never meet these people whether it be Trista, Ashley/JP, JoJo, BenLo, Becca, Nick,  whomever. But maybe we will meet GuardianAngel or Alanna or LadyBug or at least talk to these members for years. So it's important to me to foster some type of respect for us... not so much for these tv fans.
I apologize to you Alanna for my snarky post above and am leaving it in and not deleting it so others can see I was bitchy to you and feel enough to you as a member who has earned my respect over the years. YOU mean more to me than any 2 dimensional cast on this show. hearthumbsup
Now please members...
Let's all have a nice Friday.
I never take offense to any posts to/about me and genuinely laughed anyway laugh out loud And your overall sentiment is awesome and ITA bestbud!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchycheeto Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:25 am

It's not a competition over who gets it worse Rolling Eyes Point is, Lauren gets shitty comments (like other contestants do) and she shouldn't be blamed for a. ignoring the comments, b. defending herself from those comments, and c. choosing not to police the actions of her fans and detractors. I guess it's fair to judge how she reacts if she bullies back (I don't follow her, so I'm not sure if this ever even happened. But I've seen a few comments that are misdirecting blame on her so that the hate and the bullying can be justified. Like, she deserves it because she posts narcissistic selfies or because she gets drunk or because she's not as perfect and wholesome as Ben? OH PLEASE.
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:26 am

ReneeM wrote:
bleuberry wrote:There is no benefit to appealing to the young teens and early 20s crowd. Sure you'll have a million+ followers but they can be flucking nuts and they also live on Instagram. JMO.

Wow. drag me laugh out loud

laugh out loud laugh out loud The *crazy ones of course!

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #7 - Page 61 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:31 am

bleuberry wrote:
ReneeM wrote:
bleuberry wrote:There is no benefit to appealing to the young teens and early 20s crowd. Sure you'll have a million+ followers but they can be flucking nuts and they also live on Instagram. JMO.

Wow. drag me laugh out loud

laugh out loud laugh out loud The *crazy ones of course!

I don't think this is true though, is it? Like I think the Kylie Jenner demographic has crazy powerful buying power and trend setting influence. If she's going for it with all her drunk partying and whatnot, it's not a bad idea imo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:42 am

I like Lauren but the way IMO she lets strangers on SM get to her makes me like her less. It's 2017, seeking approval (which she clearly does if their disapproval affects her so much IMO) from the internet is corny. JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:45 am

I actually think she's been pretty tough in NOT letting it get to her most of the time. no idea  She's cracked a few times in the last 18 months, but mostly ignores it all. I can't judge her too much for her weak moments, because imo she gets it bad, and I have no idea how I would respond in a similar situation.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:50 am

ReneeM wrote:I like Lauren but the way IMO she lets strangers on SM get to her makes me like her less. It's 2017, seeking approval (which she clearly does if their disapproval affects her so much IMO) from the internet is corny. JMO.

Honestly I think trolls sense this and use it against her. JMO sometimes I wonder if Lauren has body image issues based on some of the pics she chooses to post or the way she poses which makes her look unnatural sometimes and even thinner than she is. Like the one holding drinks with her sister Mollie. Still doesn't excuse the nasty comments though. 

@Alanna not sure! It just seems like SM has taken on a life of it's own since Andi.

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #7 - Page 61 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchycheeto Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:59 am

sosleepy wrote:I actually think she's been pretty tough in NOT letting it get to her most of the time. no idea  She's cracked a few times in the last 18 months, but mostly ignores it all. I can't judge her too much for her weak moments, because imo she gets it bad, and I have no idea how I would respond in a similar situation.

I agree. For the most part, from what I've seen, she mostly ignores it considering the quantity of negativity she's received. But we all most of us have our weak moments. If you don't, then you're more an exception to the rule -- and that's great! Sometimes, people just dig at something that we're most insecure about or we happen to hear it when we're having a particularly bad day. Judgment is fair if she reacts to it negatively, but expecting her to rise above it all the time and not let it affect her is almost akin to demanding perfection. Not letting it affect how you live your life is a choice, but I'm not entirely convinced that you can control how it makes you feel. JMO.
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:25 am

Okay maybe if she can't take the SM trolling then don't post at all or post once a month. Then again that's her current job so it's a tricky situation. no idea
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:28 am

I don't have ig, but to see other people's pictures, but if using sm was part of my job, I might read comments sometimes. If someone tried to drag me using a serious illness like anorexia, I would have a fit. It would definitely get to me. I might respond back very rudely, and Imo that wouldn't make me a bully.
Lauren used to get a lot of 'where did you get this and that clothing item from, how do you do your make up' etc kind of questions, and she used to respond, and I thought that was really nice of her. So these evil trolls have shut down that little line of communication between Lauren and her fans. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie81 Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:10 pm

I've enjoyed this conversation this morning, ladies (maybe gentlemen?) I think the one thing we can all take away from this whole thing is that SM, although sometimes lovely and good can be often times evil and sometimes hurtful to people.

I started out as a huge fan of Lauren. I loved her edit on the show but as many others, my opinion of her quickly was tainted by who she really is (or who she seems to really be) post show. This is not to say I am still not a fan, but I'm definitely not a Lauren fanatic as a once was. I feel as if she has some issues that need to be worked and I hope and pray she gets to the bottom of those quickly. Having your life displayed for all the world to see can't be easy so I definitely can't fault her for having problems with dealing with the negativity. But like I've said many times before....she does herself no favors with what she puts out there and chooses to post IMO.

IMO, HEA was the worst decision she and Ben could have made. Hands down. I hope no other couple goes that route! Geez!

All this is just my opinion! Carry on!
Julie81
Julie81

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 61 of 79 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #7

+78
Imp
crunchycheeto
North
Julie81
AmoreBella