SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6

Page 19 of 78 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 48 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6

Post by nikikass Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:02 pm

Oh my goodness. I didn't realize what the ironman entails.

Holy crap i would be dead.... Then I was thinking is this over 2 days?

Then I saw its continuous and now I am dead just thinking about it.  Good god that is hard on your body. 

Are these people crazy?   Still proud of Shawn though.  My first thought was "Did he lose a bet". This is his punishment.

Then after talking to Hubby, his good friend use to do them.  Hmm go figure.
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6

Post by umngirl Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:06 pm

Maybe he'll catch the Triathlon bug and next year I'll see him at one of my work events. Lol

Either, people who do Ironman races are crazy. I'll stick with my sprint race which takes about 90 minutes.

I hope he finishes before the cutoff times so he can cross the finish line and hear them say, "Shawn Booth, you are an Ironman."

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6 - Page 19 87b72b10 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6 - Page 19 86669110 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6 - Page 19 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:20 pm

I give him so much credit. Training for Ironman is dedication at it's finest.

He's 5+ hours into it.

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6 - Page 19 Captur58

http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/coverage/athlete-tracker.aspx?race=lakeplacid&y=2017#/tracker/RFWNU2AC

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:28 pm

Yikes....on average how long does it take to finish?

It would take me at least a week!
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:35 pm

The pro men finish in around 8 hours. The pro women not far behind. Most age group athletes, which Shawn is, finish in over 10 hours.

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6 - Page 19 87b72b10 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6 - Page 19 86669110 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6 - Page 19 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:40 pm

Kaits already cried like 17 times laugh out loud you hear her squealing in every snap she and Meg are posting!! He's such a BA.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:54 pm

Other fun facts about the race.
1. Shawn will have to compete without wearing headphones to listen to music. So that's over 100 miles on a bike and 26.2 miles running with nothing but your thoughts and training.
2.  He could potentially qualify to compete st the Ironman World Championships held in Kona, Hawaii this October.

Last edited by umngirl on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by terabithia Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:08 pm

Aw man, Kaitlyn's insta stories made me tear up and the race isn't even over. I love the way she fangirls over her man.

She posted a pic before the race and I took a screenshot of an Instagram story showing Shawn riding by on his bike -- it's great to see Shawn smiling during the race!!

He has her lip prints and Tucker's paw prints over his heart!  :tissuebox

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6 - Page 19 Img_3012
source: Kaitlyn's instagram story this morning
Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6 - Page 19 Img_3011
Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6 - Page 19 Img_3010
source: Kaitlyn's instagram post
terabithia
terabithia

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchette Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:23 pm

umngirl wrote:Other fun facts about the race.
1. Shawn will have to compete without wearing headphones to listen to music. So that's over 100 miles on a bike and 26.2 miles running with nothing but your thoughts and training.
2.  He could potentially qualify to compete st the Ironman World Championships held in Kona, Hawaii this October.

I wonder if #2 is the reason why Kaitlyn said something on SC about possibly going to Hawaii next? Hmmm. I don't know what time he'd have to get to qualify for Hawaii, but I think they only give times out to the athletes who finish within 12-13 hours.

I imagine not having music would be hard, but the screaming of all the fans has to be really energizing and exciting for the athletes and everyone watching.

Trista posted something on one of K's IG's about Ryan doing tri's and that Lake Placid was one of the toughest courses he's ever done. She also said something about knowing what it feels like to be an Iron Widow.

And OT: It looks like Shawn has another charity event in Aug. This was posted by one of his clients:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWvo8Qxltve/

crunchette

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:33 pm

Here's the info about qualifying for Kona. It's extremely tough. People from all over the world qualify and compete. I think I've seen something like over 50 countries represented already for this year. That could be low. I haven't looked closely at the numbers recently. Lol

http://m.ironman.com/triathlon/events/americas/ironman/world-championship/athletes/qualification-faq.aspx#i_am_an_age_group_athlete__how_do_i_qualify__

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:35 pm

Lips and paw prints got to me. :tissuebox I have a good friend who's son has done marathon's and competed for IM a few years ago. It's very emotional, in a good way because they train so hard, then the day arrives and it's so very heart warming.

Thanks @umngirl for the info!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchette Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:12 pm

He finished the bike race....just a marathon to go.  She was so funny on Instastories "...Sunscreen....don't forget sunscreen!  I love you!"  And...he forgot the sunscreen.

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6 - Page 19 17072310

crunchette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 78 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 48 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Fan Forum - General Discussion - #6

+52
MiniDiva
TheLurker
Fangirl26
Emilia23_12
Jane781