SELECT CONTENT

Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 39 Empty Re: Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Sat May 27, 2017 9:39 am

Ozzy is a good player. I think one of the great things about this show is the enthusiasm or lust the player has about the game itself.
I can't imagine not having a season to look forward to. I can't. It's like when I was a little kid and all I wanted was my next Nancy Drew book.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 39 Empty Re: Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by whit90 Sat May 27, 2017 12:41 pm

I would hang out with Ozzy any day. He is my all time favorite contestant to be on this show. He is a true survivor and that is why he gets booted off. They know if they let him go far in this game he would win .
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat May 27, 2017 3:47 pm

whit90 wrote:I would hang out with Ozzy any day. He is my all time favorite contestant to be on this show.  He is a true survivor and that is why he gets booted off. They know if they let him go far in this game he would win .

I actually disagree. He doesn't seem to learn from his experiences on the show....unlike Boston Rob. Unless he drastically changed his game to be at least somewhat strategic, he would never win. He is great at the physical/survival stuff, but it takes more than that to win Survivor. He is just not that good at strategy and reading people. Also, his verbal skills which can win you the game at the end, kind of suck. That whole weird speech at the reunion was an example. He was just rambling on. He was fun to watch the first couple of times, but now, I'm not as keen on him, although I appreciate his love of the game.

@Kashathediva .... I loved Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys. I was so excited when they became tv shows. I'm surprised they haven't rebooted them. I'd watch all over again.

@Kels0012 Congratulations! I won my online pool, but in my own pool where there is actual cash, I only came in 4th and got $20 bucks. The guy that won has won 3 times! I don't know how he does it. All together now he has won $460. I also have a family that play and they all placed...the daughter came in 2nd (she has won previously and usually places in the top five), her dad came in 3rd (he has also won before), and his girlfriend was 5th. They are very serious about their Survivor.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun May 28, 2017 2:47 pm

Sorry but I love Ozzy and do not like Boston Rob. I know he does not have a great strategy game and he himself said that. He does not like manipulating people or lying. You have to have that to make it to win. He is 46 years old and still played a heck of a game. When Jeff P. says he is one of the greatest players to play the game I totally agree with him.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Sun May 28, 2017 3:45 pm

I do not think Ozzy is 46 I believe he is 35.

But still one of the greats of this game.   (He is no BRob IMO).  But I really enjoy each and every time he plays.
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun May 28, 2017 3:55 pm

@whit90 Ozzy is 35, not 46. Boston Rob is 41. As for Jeff's opinion, I sometimes take that with a grain of salt. He tends to put a lot of weight on the physical side of the game, whereas I prefer a combination. While Ozzy is certainly one of the best physical players and a fan favourite, as far as overall best players....which to me means a good balance between all aspects of the game...physical, strategic and social...he does not quiet measure up to say Yul, Tom, Parvati and yes, Boston Rob.

I think for me, what makes him not quite measure up is the fact that he has played as much as Boston Rob, but doesn't really seem to have learned  from each appearance. He still plays like he did the first time and seems to find it hard to adapt. He doesn't have the kind of game that can roll with the flow like a Sandra. He relies on winning challenges and if he doesn't, he's toast. It's still fun to watch him play, but I find him less and less compelling each time he makes an appearance.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun May 28, 2017 4:41 pm

nikikass wrote:I do not think Ozzy is 46 I believe he is 35.

But still one of the greats of this game.   (He is no BRob IMO).  But I really enjoy each and every time he plays.

Yes you are correct he is 35 I thought he was 36 and mistakenly put 46. Thanks !!!!
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun May 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Sprite wrote:@whit90 Ozzy is 35, not 46. Boston Rob is 41. As for Jeff's opinion, I sometimes take that with a grain of salt. He tends to put a lot of weight on the physical side of the game, whereas I prefer a combination. While Ozzy is certainly one of the best physical players and a fan favourite, as far as overall best players....which to me means a good balance between all aspects of the game...physical, strategic and social...he does not quiet measure up to say Yul, Tom, Parvati and yes, Boston Rob.

I think for me, what makes him not quite measure up is the fact that he has played as much as Boston Rob, but doesn't really seem to have learned  from each appearance. He still plays like he did the first time and seems to find it hard to adapt. He doesn't have the kind of game that can roll with the flow like a Sandra. He relies on winning challenges and if he doesn't, he's toast. It's still fun to watch him play, but I find him less and less compelling each time he makes an appearance.

Sorry we will just have to disagree but I did say that he is not good at the strategic part of this game. He will always be my favorite and nothing will change that. Maybe he doesn't change his game due to the fact Ozzy is who he is a very trustworthy man. That won't change his values for even a million dollars. I respect that !
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun May 28, 2017 5:47 pm

whit90 wrote:
Sprite wrote:@whit90 Ozzy is 35, not 46. Boston Rob is 41. As for Jeff's opinion, I sometimes take that with a grain of salt. He tends to put a lot of weight on the physical side of the game, whereas I prefer a combination. While Ozzy is certainly one of the best physical players and a fan favourite, as far as overall best players....which to me means a good balance between all aspects of the game...physical, strategic and social...he does not quiet measure up to say Yul, Tom, Parvati and yes, Boston Rob.

Sorry we will just have to disagree but I did say that he is not good at the strategic part of this game. He will always be my favorite and nothing will change that.  Maybe he doesn't change his game due to the fact Ozzy is who he is a very trustworthy man. That won't change his values for even a million dollars. I respect that !

Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 39 3806527698 I respect it too...in real life!

I guess I can separate the game from reality. For me, I don't see the point of going on Survivor if you are not willing to play to win. Officer Sarah is a perfect example. Being nice got her kicked out early last time so she switched things up this time. I don't know that Ozzy has that capability. To me he stubbornly holds on to the belief that someone who provides for the tribe and wins challenges without getting his hands dirty can win. I don't know if that is because he truly believes that or he just doesn't have the strategic thinking required. IMO it's the latter. Either way, I'm looking forward to next season with all newbies. I always look forward to seeing what a new crop of players can bring to the game. I just hope the producers cut back on all the hidden immunities and advantages. Surprise them by actually making them work for food and not whipping out idols and advantages right and left.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Sun May 28, 2017 9:04 pm

We need to have a litttle of every type of player. That is what makes this game enjoyable.

To win you need to adapt to the personalities that you are given within each person. That is sooooo hard. YOu also need a lot of luck too.

I enjoy the "heros" as much as i enjoy the "villains".
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sun May 28, 2017 11:47 pm

Ozzy is incredibly overrated in my opinion. Outside of physical challenges (where yeah, he excels), his game is severely lacking. I also think sometimes he seems kind of full of himself. JMO.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+16
blueblues
Cocoasneeze
jojo47
TrishB
Buckeye_Fan