SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

Page 51 of 52 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

historicness -  Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2 - Page 51 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

Post by albean99 Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:32 pm

I've always preferred the Bachelorette to the Bachelor. For one thing, there's never been a Bachelor that I've found all that attractive, even the better looking ones. There's always something missing for me. I much prefer watching the 25 guys. historicness -  Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2 - Page 51 4256136633

I'm not a fan of the bigger rings that have been given. I think I'd prefer Tessa's if it were up to me because I like the simpler ones.

As far as picking a date, they would be crazy to worry about that now with DWTS coming up and lots of big changes. JMO

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

historicness -  Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2 - Page 51 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

Post by notarose Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:02 pm

albean99 wrote:I've always preferred the Bachelorette to the Bachelor. For one thing, there's never been a Bachelor that I've found all that attractive, even the better looking ones. There's always something missing for me. I much prefer watching the 25 guys. historicness -  Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2 - Page 51 4256136633

I'm not a fan of the bigger rings that have been given. I think I'd prefer Tessa's if it were up to me because I like the simpler ones.

As far as picking a date, they would be crazy to worry about that now with DWTS coming up and lots of big changes. JMO

Bette vs Bach - I used to usually prefer Bette because "hot guys" and I could temporarily choose 1 as my tv boyfriend.  Often I find the Bach women too over-the-top in significant number.  Lately, I've found there isn't much difference - too many over-the-top guys as well. I thought tptb was using BIP edit storyboarding mixed in with traditional Bach on Nick's IMO attempting to tap a younger market.  Blah for me as a viewer.  I thought it was an attempt to get those viewers to crossover to the sister station - market for "The Twins" and likely Corinne. Honestly, the edit was bizarre to the point I felt different edit teams were involved.

Rings - most people have a ring from a jeweller so a unique proposal ring is only a family heirloom piece or custom made by an artisan.  I do agree that a different sponsor would be nice.  I don't recall if the rings looked more interesting on the AU, NZ, or CA seasons.

N&V - completely ridiculous for them to be asked about a wedding date the day after they've been released from their chaperones. giggling  Ben & Lauren don't  have a date after 1 year of being engaged and I don't think that's unusual. Nick and Vanessa are older so they might set a date in a shorter time frame.  Maybe.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:42 am

Canada's jeweller is Michael Hill which IMO are so beautiful.

AU NZ don't get engaged therefore no rings. Seems to me one got a ring but not an engagement ring since there are no proposals within those franchises.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:47 am

Maybe we'd have a better success rate with US Bachelor if TPTB didn't push for engagements. Too much too soon IMHO.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:54 am

Interesting fact. So what is the track record of things lasting in the AU and NZ franchises where there is no pressure of an engagement?
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:59 am

aviej wrote:Interesting fact. So what is the track record of things lasting in the AU and NZ franchises where there is no pressure of an engagement?
O/T

4 seasons of Bach AU - 3 out of 4 of the couples still together (S5 currently filming)
2 seasons of Bette AU - 1 out of 2 couples still together (S3 will begin filming in late Spring)
...Weird/interesting fact - the two couples that aren't still together happen to be the same girl in both relationships -- the F1 from one season got engaged and it was the only engagement the show had and it was over before finale and she then became the first Bette and is no longer with her F1 (so she could be the common denominator since all the other couples are still together except the relationships she was in)

2 seasons of Bach NZ - 1 out of 2 couples still together (S3 airs this Sunday and he seems more like S1's lead which bodes well already)
...The lead for S2 was not their first choice, their first choice backed out last minute and filming was a mess and the replacement was a dud from the getgo

Also, for Bach/Bette AU there are no overnight dates so no sex at all. Bach NZ has overnight dates but the lead for S1 didn't do anything with the girls and they all stated this and he said so on the show that he wouldn't be doing anything physical. S2 the lead did have sex with at least one of the girls who was not his F1.

So other than not having engagements, the overnights/sex issues seems to be a difference as well with the franchises and IMO plays a role in less pressure overall.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:33 am

Continuing with the OT stats-

8 Seasons in total from all franchises, 5 couples still together!!

Thanks @AllAboutLove for the recap!

Bachelor Canada where they do get engaged, and they do have FS-

2 seasons 0 still together
'ette Canada 1 season - still together (knock on wood)

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:35 am

Wow! Thanks for the insight! Very intriguing I must say. Perhaps the no fantasy suite or no engagement will not sell very well in the US? Who knows.
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:37 am

@aviej IA that would never happen IMHO. Even when there is no sexual activity in the FS they make it look like there was. Nick specifically said he didn't have sex with Raven in one of his interviews, while they edited her skipping her way through Finland after her FS date making viewers believe they did.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:50 am

Sadly, I think TPTB prefer the sensationalized proposal and the scandalous break up, over ho-hum "let's decide to date" + happy/boring couple.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:51 am

Also, with the Bachelor Australia - the season 2 lead, Blake, pulled a Mesnick and dumped his F1, Sam, for his F3. His relationship with his F3 lasted nearly two years, and then Sam became the Bachelorette and her relationship with her F1 lasted 18 months. Those are the only two relationships from the AU franchise that didn't work out (not including Blake/Sam, who broke up before the finale aired) and even then those two relationships lasted much longer than the US relationships tend to last.

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:03 am

Regarding Bach vs. Ette, with the exception of Ben/Nick, I pretty much always prefer the Ette. I'm almost NEVER into the Bachelor (Ben/Nick excluded), and spend the whole season scratching my head why anyone would want to date this guy, let alone compete against other women for that "honor" (I mean, come on. Flapjack anyone? Jake?! The Farmer??! Juan Pablo?!  - i mean, entertaining in the last case for all the wrong reasons, but just no.) I find the Bachelors are typically more fame hungry, make their picks with their little men parts, and are generally huge disappointments. Their dismal success rates speak for themselves. I also generally don't like the women competing and the cat fights.

The Ettes generally are much more sincere. Usually they make the right choice for them, and don't just pick based on sexual chemistry like the dudes do. I also like the eye candy, and much prefer to see the men do the chasing rather than the girls cat fighting. I like to see the guys in chase mode and the women with the power. IDK. I know lots of people prefer the Bach. I'm just not one of them, generally. I also think the Ettes just have much better success odds. If you are the Ette, you stand a pretty great shot to at least get a long term relationship, with not bad odds for an actual marraige. For the Bachelor, not so much. It's easier for me to take The Bachelorette more seriously.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 52 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FRC - ATFR - Mar 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

+83
happygolucky
Seabear
Luvstruck
Dessler
Linds911