SELECT CONTENT

Dean Unglert - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 41 of 46 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dean Unglert - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 41 Empty Re: Dean Unglert - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:59 am

GuardianAngel wrote:He's like the squad trashing the lead for not choosing their friend.

He didn't do much for me, but boy, he's showing his true colours. I think he's just as messed up as his brother who didn't want a younger brother.

I started to see his true colors in Denmark.... pouting, moody, badmouthing (PI), bitter when bryan got his FIRST 1-1.... yuck

Back to top Go down

Dean Unglert - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 41 Empty Re: Dean Unglert - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by makeover Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:59 am

peggy0221 wrote:Rachel is just another mean girl, imo.
I don't find this so called speak up attractive, it's just petty, imo.
The lead is just as immature as the casts, imo.
Both that girl and Dean were making shady racist comments, so I am all for Rachel speaking out. You go, Rach!

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:08 am

An old tweet from Rachel but fits the situation perfectly IMO.  laugh out loud  laugh out loud

coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:13 am

makeover wrote:
Both that girl and Dean were making shady racist comments, so I am all for Rachel speaking out. You go, Rach!
Rachel can't claim racism now when she was ALL for the initial 'i'm ready to go black' joke. I see why she's upset, because I think the caption and Dean's comment are f*cked up. But Rachel's shown time and time again that the things that offend me, don't offend her. Her reaction to this is very interesting.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:18 am

makeover wrote:

And Rachel stoop low to match their level of mean and petty is wise of her? I just don't understand that and imo, there always is a fine line between speaking out and being a mean girl. All I see since last year, Rachel is always meRachel, she needs to be Right and she is the ultimate girl power. Yuck.

Having said that, I don't think what Dean did is right, just that Rachel is as petty as he is, imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:20 am

ReneeM wrote:Rachel can't claim racism now when she was ALL for the initial 'i'm ready to go black' joke. I see why she's upset, because I think the caption and Dean's comment are f*cked up. But Rachel's shown time and time again that the things that offend me, don't offend her. Her reaction to this is very interesting.

IMO Rachel gave him a pass once. Maybe she thought he'll learn from it. Instead he shows the same ignorance yet again. So IMO a clapback is in order. I also think Dean shading her and Bryan recently in interviews might have played a teeny-tiny role. BigRach is chill until she is not.  laugh out loud  laugh out loud

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by bluejay25 Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:24 am

ReneeM wrote:
makeover wrote:
Rachel can't claim racism now when she was ALL for the initial 'i'm ready to go black' joke. I see why she's upset, because I think the caption and Dean's comment are f*cked up. But Rachel's shown time and time again that the things that offend me, don't offend her. Her reaction to this is very interesting.

I get what you are saying. I understand why she didn't really confront some of the silly things Dean, Peter, and Bryan in particular said early in the season - they were minor and most likely well-intentioned. But, with this Dean thing, unfortunately giving him a pass back then could haunt her here - but, I don't think its that serious. On a grander scale, I think Rachel is over a lot of things, and probably annoyed with not only who the two popular people from her season are, but that they also have not been very discrete in sharing their opinions on her likely F1 (or liking not so friendly IG comments about him, laugh out loud). I'm for Rachel first, but I wonder if we are going to see a bit of "revisionist" history in the coming weeks, laugh out loud. Because this is Dean's thread I won't really go into it here, but basically now with how reception is towards certain guys, herself, and the season overall - whether Rachel is now going to make some comments that she could have before in the past and never did, or if she may have different interpretations about how some relationships (ahem, Peter) went down at the time. With this post, I think her clapback was more for the poster's caption, but I don't think she's too pleased with Dean right now. But, I could be reading into all of this too much

bluejay25

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:28 am

coolangel wrote:
ReneeM wrote:Rachel can't claim racism now when she was ALL for the initial 'i'm ready to go black' joke. I see why she's upset, because I think the caption and Dean's comment are f*cked up. But Rachel's shown time and time again that the things that offend me, don't offend her. Her reaction to this is very interesting.

IMO Rachel gave him a pass once. Maybe she thought he'll learn from it. Instead he shows the same ignorance yet again. So IMO a clapback is in order. I also think Dean shading her and Bryan recently in interviews might have played a teeny-tiny role. BigRach is chill until she is not.  laugh out loud  laugh out loud

All JMO
But she didn't give him a pass, she laughed and said she loved it repeatedly on the show and in interviews after. Lots of members here & other places were bothered and gave him a pass, what Rachel did wasn't a pass. Can we just be real and admit that she's just mad at Dean because he dissed her relationship with Bryan? Rachel's shown time and time again that she loves off colour 'jokes' (it's why she can be such good friends with people like Alexis), but all of a sudden she's sensitive about this? Nah. It was a good clapback though. I think this one is only second to Leah's laugh out loud. All JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:38 am

JMO, no matter if we feel Rachel should have responded or not (I am all for her doing it but understand those who think it's better she doesn't), Dean's comment basically agreeing with the insinuation that he just experimented dating black women in Rachel and decided to come back from it is still disgusting.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:49 am

Dean is absolutely ignorant, his friend is ignorant, and Rachel's clapback was epic. Why on earth shouldn't she reply? These shading comments from Dean are getting to borderline bullying, with the popularity he has. The first time after the show ended and Dean was dumped she let it go, but this time the racism added another layer to it. And imo Rachel can decide when and how she likes comments, their intention and reply or comment how and when she wishes. Imo others can't hold her prisoner to what she liked before, and what she can comment on later.

How can Rachel be a mean girl here, when she was being shaded, and she only corrected the shade in her reply? Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:50 am

I didn't find Dean's original comment that offensive (although I do understand that many did and understand how it was fetishizing black women), but this one seemed to be in particularly bad taste. Even the word "but" makes all the difference - like "he experimented with that other type of woman, but don't worry! He came back to us!". It just plays into the idea that black woman are lesser and undesirable and a white man will always choose a white woman when given the option.  

I also do think that Rachel has kind of a unique background, as a very wealthy, privileged black woman who grew surrounded by predominantly white people. I think that a lot of people in that situation just learn to not get as offended as quickly and don't even notice certain coded language as much. I think that  becoming the Bachelorette and dealing with all the ish she's had to deal with has made her a bit more woke and more understanding of other black women and their experiences and complaints. I'd like to think the current Rachel wouldn't be cool if a guy tried to hit on her with that AFR line or calling her a girl from the hood. All, IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:52 am

I think Rachel did the right thing responding. That Dean said it to her and she excused it as okay is her prerogative. The way this woman's IG comment is written/inference and Dean's comment are IMO a racial diss. Not okay in any way. Suspect  no no
JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 46 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Dean Unglert - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+83
FashionLover
Billysmom
bluejay25
Mommyof2
North