SELECT CONTENT

Will Gaskins - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Will Gaskins - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: Will Gaskins - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Post by emusha Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:31 am

I 100% believe it was the edit. They oversimplify everything and this was a storyline they could hitch on to. Suspect :pout
I'm not happy about it but will seems to be keeping a positive attitude so hope it's all good in the end
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Will Gaskins - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: Will Gaskins - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Post by Mia_Leoni Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:12 am

On a positive note, Will did seem to have a moment of self-awareness when he admitted that he didn't actively pursue her as quickly in the process as he should have (paraphrasing).

It's possible that he just wasn't into her. It's possible that he saw her have deeper connections with other men and gave up. It's possible that it wasn't the right environment for him. It's possible that it wasn't the right time for him.

I claimed Will as my favourite since pre-airing, and my own first impression of him still stands. Throughout, he seemed authentic, grounded, and hopefully enjoyed his time on the show.

Luckily he got out relatively unscathed. His edit isn't bad! If he continues to play nice, hopefully he'll be invited back to a Bachelor-related show.

That said, I thought about it, and decided that because I like him and his edit on this show, I'd rather NOT watch him as the Bachelor. Somehow, even likeable people can look bad really easily in this franchise.

Sorry for the longish post. I just see good things for Will and his future. And I personally am still #TeamWill beatingheart

Mia_Leoni

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:46 am

What exactly is wrong with dating more white white women in the past, I don't get it. Are all Italian's suppose to date strictly Italians. I grew up with that mentality, married 12 yrs, before I had the guts to say, you're a nice guy but not for me.

IMO it's all about who you are attracted to and who you find common values and enjoy being with that person that matters.

IA @Mia_Leoni he seems like a good level headed guy. Plus he's too adorable. I think post filming shows us everything about who he is, and it doesn't matter who he dated in the past IMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:18 pm

Will and the other black men on Rachel's season are really stand up guys. That alone is a win for this show - to show diversity with men who have every attribute a woman serious about finding love wants. I hope he finds his happily ever after.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:20 pm

I like Will a lot. Just wish they'd shown more of him earlier on.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by MiracleSeason Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:41 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:What exactly is wrong with dating more white white women in the past, I don't get it. Are all Italian's suppose to date strictly Italians. I grew up with that mentality, married 12 yrs, before I had the guts to say, you're a nice guy but not for me.

IMO it's all about who you are attracted to and who you find common values and enjoy being with that person that matters.

IA @Mia_Leoni he seems like a good level headed guy. Plus he's too adorable. I think post filming shows us everything about who he is, and it doesn't matter who he dated in the past IMHO.
In a perfect world, I would totally agree with this. However, with the racially charged history of the United States, most people tend to date within their racial/ethnic circles. Because European beauty standards and stereotypes in the media that show certain WOC as less desirable, it is highly controversial for MOC to date mainly caucasian women. There is this idea that certain MOC go after caucasian women exclusively to elevate their status or because they suffer from self-hatred. Of course, that isn't true for everyone but that's an accurate perception for many people, JMHO.
MiracleSeason
MiracleSeason

Female Posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:57 pm

Norcalgal wrote:Will and the other black men on Rachel's season are really stand up guys. That alone is a win for this show - to show diversity with men who have every attribute a woman serious about finding love wants. I hope he finds his happily ever after.

word Will Gaskins - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - Page 16 4256136633 Will Gaskins - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - Page 16 4256136633
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Em27 Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:15 pm

MiracleSeason wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:What exactly is wrong with dating more white white women in the past, I don't get it. Are all Italian's suppose to date strictly Italians. I grew up with that mentality, married 12 yrs, before I had the guts to say, you're a nice guy but not for me.

In a perfect world, I would totally agree with this. However, with the racially charged history of the United States, most people tend to date within their racial/ethnic circles. Because European beauty standards and stereotypes in the media that show certain WOC as less desirable, it is highly controversial for MOC to date mainly caucasian women. There is this idea that certain MOC go after caucasian women exclusively to elevate their status or because they suffer from self-hatred. Of course, that isn't true for everyone but that's an accurate perception for many people, JMHO.

Sad sad truth, that's why I'm assuming they wanted that as a storyline. Like the racist thing with Lee. Not necessary but I'm not a producer so no idea

Em27

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia_Leoni Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:23 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWc8HXTFlgz/. Will and Bryan. Will highlighting the watch.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWYLGeFlqs_/ . Basically why Will is a true gem, encapsulated.

Mia_Leoni

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:30 pm

Will Gaskins - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - Page 16 3806527698 he's so darn cute!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:58 pm

I am still wishing he was in the running for the Bachelor gig. He is my 1st choice for the role and I would love his season. That smile! Will Gaskins - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - Page 16 1f60d
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia_Leoni Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:14 pm

While Peter seems to be the fan favourite (as well as Dean and Bryan), Will IS super likable. There is no reason to discount him as a contender.

Mia_Leoni

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Will Gaskins - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

+40
albean99
JMFan
bleuberry
mysthelma
cookielover12