SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 34 of 79 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 56 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 34 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Buckeye_Fan Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:11 pm

I'm probably not going to sway anyone, but I understood where Peter was coming from when he said Rachel's life would be mediocre if she chose the other guy (no matter who it was, IMO).  Not that it was the right or polite thing to say, but I think just came out in the heat of the moment.

The way Rachel was with Peter, he probably thought he was the one she really wanted.  It sure looked that way to me!  And to choose somebody else instead of the guy who she appeared to REALLY want would conceivably give her a less happy life.  I don't know whether or not it was directed towards Bryan, but it may have been more directed to her choosing an engagement over happiness with the one she wanted.

ETA: I think Rachel did want Bryan prior to that, and I don't know why she was putting Peter on the spot if she was going to choose Bryan. But she did want Peter to want to get engaged. IMO.

Buckeye_Fan

Female Posts : 601

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 34 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by summerdayze Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:10 pm

Buckeye_Fan wrote:I'm probably not going to sway anyone, but I understood where Peter was coming from when he said Rachel's life would be mediocre if she chose the other guy (no matter who it was, IMO).  Not that it was the right or polite thing to say, but I think just came out in the heat of the moment.

The way Rachel was with Peter, he probably thought he was the one she really wanted.  It sure looked that way to me!  And to choose somebody else instead of the guy who she appeared to REALLY want would conceivably give her a less happy life.  I don't know whether or not it was directed towards Bryan, but it may have been more directed to her choosing an engagement over happiness with the one she wanted.

ETA:  I think Rachel did want Bryan prior to that, and I don't know why she was putting Peter on the spot if she was going to choose Bryan.  But she did want Peter to want to get engaged.  IMO.

Apart from it being rather nasty/uncalled for - I found the comment somewhat delusional too. Given that he is praised for being real / realistic, that comment was far from being grounded and really, did he forget there is another guy in the mix who could very well have a stronger connection/relationship with Rachel? Let's not forget also that at that point, Rachel was already (continuously) vocalizing her doubts about him and their relationship to him. So that comment just shows a level of disconnect from reality and a sense of grandeur.

There was another moment where he said something along the lines of: "We are going to regret this." And "You know where to find me." (if she changes her mind). I found it uncomfortable that he just assumes this / speaks for her, when she may very well feel differently and what makes him think that she will also chase/grovel after him? Rachel's the Bachelorette but he was acting like he is the Bach.

Anyway, getting off topic. Don't hate the guy but I do find his behavior odd and I don't think this franchise is for him - so I am on Team Anyone-but-Peter.

summerdayze

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:21 pm

How PETEiocre of him. Arrogant. Delusional. There is another man in contention whether or not you (PETEiocre) choose to talk to him. SMH Stick to the Farmer's Market, Daisy and Worth. Forget the franchise. They have a train with your name on it and it's not pretty boy.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by allykat Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:44 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Nothing was getting me to watch one minute of Nick. Peter I might watch the finale if I think F2 will be the bachelorette but probably not. It is nice to be able to skip the people I really don't like.

The bolded is what I basically did this season. The last time I skipped a season turned into a waterfall effect...I skipped Jake's season because I couldn't stand him, which meant I didn't know anything about Ali and then skipped her season because I wasn't invested. So this time I decided to watch the finale so I would at least know who the Bachelor contenders are. It didn't help though.

I still don't know much about Peter or how he was, but from reading here I'm already inclined not to like him.
I have to keep looking up Eric's name, I honestly can't even remember him and didn't understand anything he was saying last night.

So it wasn't even worth watching finale except that I could join today's convo. I'll just go into next season like it's a totally new person and see how that goes.

Which brings me to why I'm in this thread - I just read a comment in another thread about potential of Ben. Please tell me that is wild speculation and not a rumored possibility? I couldn't do another season of Ben.

allykat
allykat

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:00 pm

@allykat I did Rachel's season cold turkey after skipping Nick, it wasn't bad. And Ali of the no longer ever having loved Roberto was one to help start the Ben 2.0 train, since she just knew Rachel picked Peter. I will happily skip either one.

If you check out Alex from this season's thread he was pretty interesting and not your normal TPTB guy.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:27 pm

How many times in the past has the F2 shared the cover of People with the final couple? IMO, when Peter showed up on the cover...in my mind, the next bachelor has been chosen. I don't see any other reason to put him on the cover.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:31 pm

SMH, pretending it isn't true and saying Alex, Alex, Alex!!! Over and over. Can that possibly make it true?

Come on TPTB JPG got married miracles happen, give me my darn unicorn! :soapbox
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:42 pm

I like Alex but to be realistic, he got zero time on the MTA, i read not a word from him. So IMO that means he is not in consideration no matter how much Bryan and Rachel prop him. If I had to guess, I would say they interviewed Dean, Peter, Eric and whoever from Paradise that will stand out...all jmo.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:53 pm

I think it will be Peter, and I'm ok with that.

But part of me wants to snark so hard on Ben Higgins II. I know I'm in the minority there. It could be fun though. laugh out loud
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:57 pm

I watch no matter what, but I definitely half watch when I'm not interested. I half watched most of Rachel. I skipped epis here and there, and was always doing other things while watching. That's actually usually how I watch. The last time I REALLY watched was Ben Higgins. And I got too invested. laugh out loud so maybe it's better I'm meh on the lead and can just chill and snark and half watch.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:19 pm

Nothing is a done deal until filming starts and even then history has shown when there have been 2 choices, it's not a done deal.
So hope is hope.
Flooding social media with choices. Flooding bachelor nation social media because that has weight. IMO
There is a lot of angst that goes along with doing this show. It's not all roses as most leads will attest to. I think that's a given vs my opinion.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:32 pm

mercieme wrote:I like Alex but to be realistic, he got zero time on the MTA, i read not a word from him. So IMO that means he is not in consideration no matter how much Bryan and Rachel prop him. If I had to guess, I would say they interviewed Dean, Peter, Eric and whoever from Paradise that will stand out...all jmo.

Maybe Alex pops into Paradise at a later time (meaning: not part of the announced cast)? (sorry-I haven't kept up with BIP news/contestants very well)
I'm stoked that Rachel put her choice for next Bachelor out there. I hope Fliess takes her opinion into consideration (may be wishful thinking...)

Joey & Kelsey - #TeamButterflies

Caelynn + Dean
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 79 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 56 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

+112
NCGalBecca
Imp
whit90
aviej
harts05