SELECT CONTENT

Lee Garrett - Bachelorette 13 - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lee  Garrett - Bachelorette 13 - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 9 Empty Re: Lee Garrett - Bachelorette 13 - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Post by Sprite Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:26 am

mercieme wrote:@emusha thanks for posting. I am so happy Sharleen is speaking up, she is such a rockstar IMO. And I know someone on the forum predicted they were going to cast a racist on the show but I was so skeptical that TPTB would stoop that low but it pretty stinks that they had to drag it on those guys in the house.....all jmo.

handwave Yup. I pegged it. Producers are nothing if not predictable.

Rachel is getting frustrated at this point and responding via SM. Her edit has been good and the media response mostly very positive....thus far...but, IMO from now on, things are going to get more difficult. I hope she is prepared. Nobody gets out of this scot free. The fact that she was shocked that the producers sprung a guy with a girlfriend on her and that she had to keep a guy who probably makes her skin crawl, does not seem to bode well. How she handles things from here on in will be telling. I hope she had a good chat with her new buddy from ABC and got some really good pointers about how to handle things.

Last edited by Sprite on Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Lee  Garrett - Bachelorette 13 - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 9 Empty Re: Lee Garrett - Bachelorette 13 - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Post by mercieme Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:47 am

hi @AEF....nice to see you posting here. I am looking forward to Bach AU starting soon. There are anti discrimination federal laws in the US that protect workers in the work place but I am not sure the cast can do anything in this case since they pretty much signed away their lives to production per their contacts based on accounts I have read on this forum. I think the show will continue to maintain that they had no idea about Lee IMO based on what Chris Harrison already tweeted out. If i were to guess even if any of the guys were to make a fuss, IMO it will most likely get pinged on the casting producer that found Lee and/or his producer on the show and the show overall IMO  will still claim they had no idea.

@Sprite....thanks for noting it was you that posted about the Lee script. I do think IMO that the worst that Rachel would get is the uproar over Lee and also when she sends all the MOCs home as speculated. But IMO so far she has handled things well, at least she let production take over her Episode write up for Monday so she is picking her battles. But I expect her to set things straight on next Monday's episode write up after Lee is sent home but if she doesn't yeah I expect some IMO justified SM backlash for her; no excuse for what Lee did to those guys IMHO....all jmo.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:01 am

mercieme wrote: snipped...

@Sprite....thanks for noting it was you that posted about the Lee script. I do think IMO that the worst that Rachel would get is the uproar over Lee and also when she sends all the MOCs home as speculated. But IMO so far she has handled things well, at least she let production take over her Episode write up for Monday so she is picking her battles. But I expect her to set things straight on next Monday's episode write up after Lee is sent home but if she doesn't yeah I expect some IMO justified SM backlash for her; no excuse for what Lee did to those guys IMHO....all jmo.

You are assuming that they will let Rachel speak her mind. I'm not so sure. I'm also not sold on the fact that she let production take over the episode write up. I suspect they either redid it or heavily edited it after they read hers. They could do the same for the next episode...but, this time they will remember to change it to her name from the start. If she goes off on SM again next week I think we will know whether she wrote it or not. I suspect things are only going to heat up from now on....and I don't mean between Rachel and Bryan/Peter/Dean.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Smileydog Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:19 pm

So, this weekend I was watching a Mystery Diners episode that ran back in April 2016 (not sure when it was actually filmed) and it took place in a Nashville Restaurant where every week they would have a song writing contest. Singers would write their own songs, sing them and the diners would vote. The winners would win some money and get to work with a specified artist to record their song. Well, the owners were being told that the contest was being rigged and that they were having issues with sound quality during performances etc so they set up a sting. They were looking at the sound engineer and the bartender--who's name happened to be Lee! I am not 100% sure (more like 99.99999%) but I believe the Bartender was Lee! I showed both my daughter and son and they agreed with me. Basically they were rigging the contests by getting the other singers drunk or fooling with the sound or even running the blender when someone was singing. The Bartender (Lee) was even shown rigging the votes by stuffing more ballots in the box. I guess they were in cahoots with certain singers so they would represent them if they won. The owners fired the two guys but if it was in fact Lee I guess it just goes to show his character. Again, I can't be absolutely sure, but if it wasn't him, he has a doppelganger!

Smileydog

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:40 pm

I was reading the article about the decline in ratings posted by @Stacia620

Ratings July 11th which led me to this article. The bold is what stands out to me.

The Hollywood Reporter spoke with Garrett ahead of The Bachelorette season premiere about how he came to land a spot on the history-making season. The aspiring singer said he was approached by the show — something veteran casting director Lacey Pemberton had previously told THR is a common way to recruit cast members. When detailing the year-long casting routine, Pemberton explained that her team takes submissions, holds events and has recruiters out looking for people who might be a good fit for the lead. "It’s quite a process," she said.

See how Garrett pitched himself to THR below.
When and why did you decide to audition for The Bachelorette?

I was actually scouted in Nashville. I got a message on Facebook from one of the show scouts saying, “Lee! What would you think if I asked if you would be interested to try out for The Bachelorette?” It kind of shocked me. I thought, “Me?” I had never seen the show before, so I was honest and told them I don’t know much about it and I don’t see myself as the type of guy to really go on a show like that — because you think it’s a bunch of guys that are dashing, and I’m a Mississippi boy. It wasn’t something that I ever thought I’d be doing. But I told them it intrigued me, and then it went from there into six months of interviews and all kinds of things.

Did you know Rachel was cast as the Bachelorette before or after you accepted?

I did not know before, and I didn’t know any of the process. I didn’t know who it was going to be. I knew a few people who had been on the season before me, being from Nashville, because it’s a small town. You kind of run into people that have done it in the past and hear stories. I watched Nick’s season, so I got to know the people from watching. I got a phone call from one of the casting directors right after Rachel had been announced, and she goes, “So Lee, did you hear about what happened?” I said, “Yes, ma'am.” She asked if I was still interested, and I said, “Absolutely!” They asked me what I thought and I said I had been watching and that Rachel was probably the classiest girl on the season, and it was somethin’ else. Then I started really paying attention to her and who she was and learning things about her. I got more excited as time went by. The final audition went through, we flew out to L.A., and they did the first cuts and everything. It’s wild.

What was your in-person audition process like?

It was just a bunch of questions. A bunch of pictures and videos. You just tell them who you are, and you don’t really know anything past that.

What do you think makes you different from the other guys?

I’m the only guy that says "y’all" in this group and who plays the guitar and sings. And is from Mississippi. And wears a pair of boots. We had one guy that I met that I think had another pair of boots, but there’s only room for one pair of boots here. I am country to the bone. I have manners. I’m the “yes ma’am, no ma’am”-type guy. I’m the kind of guy to open the door for a girl, and I try to be polite. If she likes that kind of stuff, I think that will make me stand out.

There can be several different reasons for the ratings to tank, but I'm wondering if some of it has to do with this whole Lee situation, especially after CH said from the same article:

ABC declined comment, but franchise host Chris Harrison took to Twitter to say, "No, of course we didn't know about the offensive tweets from Lee's account. None of us were aware of them Very unfortunate." [sic]

They were keeping in touch with this guy for 6 months and they claim they didn't know about his SM. I hate to say it but I expected it, and when it happened I wasn't surprised. I was disgusted at it all, and a total turn off until he was eliminated. Maybe some felt the same and never came back. IDK

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:36 pm

@GuardianAngel What bull from CH. I predicted this as soon as she was cast and I wasn't disappointed. :dripdrip

I don't think the ratings dip has anything directly to do with the fact that Rachel is a WOC, however, the fact that tptb deliberately cast a racist and then encouraged his fights with the MOC during shooting, promoted said fights as drama during airing, deliberately misled with their promos, all served to disgust and turn off viewers. Add to that the stupid TBC episodes because of said stupid drama and twice during the middle of the season when there were no new episodes and you have a sinking season.

Speaking for myself, the more Lee and his cr*p was promoted, the more I lost interest. Add the TBC episodes where you forgot the storylines from the week before and the weeks with no show and I was lost with what was going on. And I am obviously a serious viewer who follows the show way more than the average viewer. I know several friends who are more casual fans of the show and they lost interest since they couldn't keep up with WTH was going on. It is truly unfortunate because I think Rachel is a good lead and her cast of guys (minus the obvious), has been one of the best in a long time. If they had just stuck to the regular fake girlfriend, not there for the right reasons, jealousy, etc., type drama, I think they would have done very well. And seriously, the TBC cr*p has got to end! ...  no matter the season.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:31 pm

@Sprite I totally agree, all of that!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Lee Garrett - Bachelorette 13 - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

+23
emusha
Kels0012
Alanna
mindless
ygritte