SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Page 34 of 80 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 57 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 34 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Post by whit90 Sat May 20, 2017 12:48 pm

bleuberry wrote:
coolangel wrote:
bleuberry wrote:Well things are good now after DWTS but once upon a time he was shilling beauty boxes half naked laugh out loud.

For the sake of facts, it was 'One' fabfitfun box that he shilled shirtless. He received criticism from his fans and he took that into account and deleted the pic unlike many others who keep shilling away.  Smiley

Not just shirtless but sans pants too was it? I was being kind by calling it only half nekkid laugh out loud.

As IMO one of the thirstiest of Bach nation, I'm not ready to award Nick any cookies because he's been busy promoting two back to back reality shows. In the past he's shilled FFB boxes, diffey eye wear, Dyson, luggage, and dozens of brands he likely received clothes or other comps from. So just like the rest basically. JMO.

I will give them credit for trying to do their own thing with The Polished Gent and No Better You which actually require effort.

IMO he is clearly not one of the thirstiest in Bach nation. He did the one FFB which I think he did as a joke. He barely has shilled any other things. When you are a model of course you give the brand of which you are wearing. He of course had to promote the two shows he was on that is part of the job. I have yet seen anything that he promotes except Polished Gent and Vannnesa charity. This couple is taking things seriously and not rushing into anything they are doing it the right way IMO.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 34 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Post by lleyki Sat May 20, 2017 2:12 pm

When Nick first moved to LA he was quite the Schiller.

It's so weird because I feel like I just somehow missed all of this and I follow Nick on Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram and have for awhile. I remember a lot of his modeling pictures and referencing whatever brand he was wearing in the pictures and whoever the photographer was. But I honestly never saw this as shilling and just him promoting his modeling work.

I honestly cannot remember all this shilling of stuff Nick did and in fact, his lack of doing so stood out to me because I kept reading so much about how so many of the Bachelor Nation people were doing it. And a glance at a few other people's accounts did make it pretty obvious that this was something a lot of them were doing. Hell, some DWTS Pros were shilling more than I ever saw on Nick's social media.

I mean maybe he's just a lot more slick than others at it so it was happening without my even noticing but honestly, I remember that I actually kept thinking at times that it was strange how much he didn't seem to be doing it since apparently it was the thing to do.

Last edited by lleyki on Sat May 20, 2017 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat May 20, 2017 2:15 pm

I think most of his shilling days happened post Kaitlyn/pre Bachelor. IMO, he felt hard for Andi and was terribly hurt by her. Kaitlyn maybe was his rebound relationship, or maybe he wanted to prove he's not the over-analytical, over-thinking guy, and he had a wild and fun side too. But after her, he's either YOLOing, or early mid-life crisis, he seemed to not knowing what exactly he wanted and was searching for different directions.
Good thing Vanessa decided to go on the show. IMO, maybe he's older and wiser now, but I feel Vanessa domesticated him. They go grocery shopping, apartment hunting, buying stuff at IKEA and Container store, cooking together at home: all the regular stuff normal couples will do, and they seem to enjoy doing it together.
I don't know if they will last but it does look like they are are mature and work hard on their relationship. All good signs.
All jmo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat May 20, 2017 2:22 pm

sdmom wrote:I think most of his shilling days happened post Kaitlyn/pre Bachelor. IMO, he felt hard for Andi and was terribly hurt by her. Kaitlyn maybe was his rebound relationship, or maybe he wanted to prove he's not the over-analytical, over-thinking guy, and he had a wild and fun side too. But after her, he's either YOLOing, or early mid-life crisis, he seemed to not knowing what exactly he wanted and was searching for different directions.
Good thing Vanessa decided to go on the show. IMO, maybe he's older and wiser now, but I feel Vanessa domesticated him. They go grocery shopping, apartment hunting, buying stuff at IKEA and Container store, cooking together at home: all the regular stuff normal couples will do, and they seem to enjoy doing it together.
I don't know if they will last but it does look like they are are mature and  work hard on their relationship. All good signs.  
All jmo.

:yes: @sdmom you said this much better than I did and I agree with you completely. So far he and Vanessa seems to enhance each other's lives, good for them both. I am happy my wish for Nick to be turned down by F1 did not come true. And I am willing to move Nick during and post bachelor filming out of the Schiller catagory. Good to see. As always JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Mgrissom Sat May 20, 2017 2:22 pm

I don't see them trying for 18 months, then breaking up. Vanessa is in Montreal for awhile (til July maybe), if Nick makes an effort to get there to see her every 2 - 3 weeks, then I think they have a chance. If he stays in LA and does his own thing, then this is just another Bachelor break-up waiting to happen.

So far it all looks good, but it is still early. After the BenLo breakup, I'm back to being skeptical - so far it's just a showmance.

Mgrissom

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat May 20, 2017 2:24 pm

Mgrissom wrote:I don't see them trying for 18 months, then breaking up.  Vanessa is in Montreal for awhile (til July maybe), if Nick makes an effort to get there to see her every 2 - 3 weeks, then I think they have a chance.  If he stays in LA and does his own thing, then this is just another Bachelor break-up waiting to happen.  

So far it all looks good, but it is still early.  After the BenLo breakup, I'm back to being skeptical - so far it's just a showmance.

Another great post! If Nick puts in the effort toward being there with Vanessa that she has done so far, I think they have a great chance.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Sat May 20, 2017 2:26 pm

I don't think the Ben and Lauren breakup had to happen to be wary of any Bachelor/Bachelorette couple lasting, IMO. Every couple from this franchise and hell in life, is a crap shoot. I mean Brad and Angelina were together for 10 years before they got married and they still broke up barely two years after the marriage.

Some couples last and some don't, that's life. And hell, Ben and Lauren proved that even sticking past a year isn't a guarantee that the couple will make it since it's not like they pulled a Josh/Andi and Chris/Whitney and broke up a few months after. Vanessa and Nick are no different than any pairing from this franchise. They'll either make it or split like many others before and life will go on and everyone will move on to the next franchise couples who will either last or break up.

Whatever happens though, despite all the criticism they got for it, I will always appreciate their honesty in basically acknowledging this being a less than ideal way to start a relationship. Yes, they signed up for it and agreed to it but I didn't think they were whinging so much as being matter of fact and just saying that in many ways the premise of the show sort of actually sets the couples up to fail. And so kudos to the ones who make it work.

Last edited by lleyki on Sat May 20, 2017 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat May 20, 2017 2:27 pm

Wait. Vanessa is in Montreal until July? How do we know this? Any indication how much time Nick plans to spend out there? I will take them seriously if he actually goes there and stays there, in her world, for an extended period of time once this Dancing thing is over.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat May 20, 2017 3:03 pm

AFAIK there is no evidence stating how long Vanessa is going to be in Montreal although due to her being Canadian she will likely have to spend some of her time there and Nick will also spend time there with her as he said (I think similar to how Kaitlyn and Shawn divide their time).

Vanessa is moving/has moved to LA and has stated so and Nick and her are getting their own place together and Vanessa already has been buying things for their place (thus the IKEA shopping videos we have seen many of laugh out loud). She does not have a place in Montreal AFAIK she stays with family and friends there so will likely only have a permanent place in LA and possibly they will get another place in Montreal or she will spend with family and Nick staying with them (again, similar to what Shawn and Kaitlyn have done).

Also, Nick will be in Montreal next week after DWTS. Vanessa in interview this week stated Nick will be in Montreal this upcoming week and they will be spending time in Montreal.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat May 20, 2017 3:42 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:AFAIK there is no evidence stating how long Vanessa is going to be in Montreal although due to her being Canadian she will likely have to spend some of her time there and Nick will also spend time there with her as he said (I think similar to how Kaitlyn and Shawn divide their time).

Vanessa is moving/has moved to LA and has stated so and Nick and her are getting their own place together and Vanessa already has been buying things for their place (thus the IKEA shopping videos we have seen many of laugh out loud). She does not have a place in Montreal AFAIK she stays with family and friends there so will likely only have a permanent place in LA and possibly they will get another place in Montreal or she will spend with family and Nick staying with them (again, similar to what Shawn and Kaitlyn have done).

Also, Nick will be in Montreal next week after DWTS. Vanessa in interview this week stated Nick will be in Montreal this upcoming week and they will be spending time in Montreal.

That's great to hear! Back when Nick was announced, someone exactly like Vanessa was my huge hope for him! They had such a real, deep, meaningful connection on the show. Everything about them always felt so real world in the middle of fantasy land. I will be thrilled for Nick if they have a Kaitlyn/Shawn kind of bond and if he really compromises with lots of extended time in Canada for her the way Shawn has so easily done for Kaitlyn.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sat May 20, 2017 4:13 pm

He's nothing like Shawn & they're nothing like the Boothestowes IMO. The show ended over a month ago & Nick still hasn't been back to Montreal? Ok then ...

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat May 20, 2017 4:16 pm

I think one thing that made Nick's season so different to me was that, as so many posted on here, his season felt like Vanessa was the Bachelorette and he was chasing her. It was always a two way street and Nick made that clear from the first night that it was not him choosing someone, it was the woman choosing him too. Even at FRC, when Nick proposed and chose Vanessa... Nick said to Vanesssa "thank you for choosing me". Nick always saw it as Vanessa choosing HIM. That is something I see continuing post-filming with Nick and Vanessa. The choose each other and continue to do so. Like they said numerous times, they are a Team and don't compare themselves to others they do what works for them and that to me bodes well yes

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 80 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 57 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

+82
KB_Mom
Lennoxcolinrolland
jen689
Kristina V
Jane781