SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #24

Page 71 of 79 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

somuchfun - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #24 - Page 71 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #24

Post by Jane781 Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:14 am

Yeah, the wording is interesting for sure. But IMO the statement also doesn't make much sense where it is in the article, so I thought maybe something was left out. Perhaps something regarding Laval in general. I'm pretty sure her dad lives in Laval and maybe the rest of her family doesn't. I have a hard time believing they'd film something while the season is airing (risky) and I think had they gone back post-airing we would've know. I hope you're right, though. Obv I'd love to see more of them.

ETA I'd love to know your theory. I hope we find someone who is going that can fill us in on the Q&A

Jane781

Back to top Go down

somuchfun - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #24 - Page 71 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #24

Post by notarose Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:35 am

MonicaJM2001 wrote:
notarose wrote:
Jane781 wrote:Isn't that just a reference to hometown dates @notarose?

Why would he refer to 2016 as several months ago? Why "her dad" instead of "her family"?  Why would that be a "reveal" since it's already aired?
IMO, it's new.

@notarose I do see what you mean regarding his phrasing but on the otherhand the "several months" ago would make sense for when HTD happened in Nov 2016. The way he says it does exclude the rest of her family but maybe it was just him being lazy? If it is a separate meeting then that is intriguing for sure.

Now you got my brain going laugh out loud. Maybe if it is new Nick wanted to ask her dad again re marriage with all other extinuating matters now out of contention.

i think that's possible. Not because he hadn't already but because he would then be able to be more open and that would be recorded for prosperity.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:48 am

I think it's about the HTD as well. They visited her dad separately because her parents are divorced.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane781 Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:59 am

Some of the things Nick has said, though, make me wonder if they truly consider themselves engaged right now. Like him saying they didn't know how long they've been together and intimating that he would repropose in the future on the radio show with Fleiss and Julia Cunningham. I'm not saying that in a negative way. The reproposal makes sense (the not knowing how long they've been together still puzzles me). Just wondering, considering same, whether he would ask her dad again at this point. Though maybe if it was closer to the end of filming of the show, they had different perspectives.

Jane781

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:38 am

@jane781
We interpret things differently but I do recall the interview with Mills and that Nick said they had talked about a reproposal.
In several interviews prior Nick had voluntarily added that the proposal day wasn't ideal because another woman was involved on the same day. He had said that a proposal day should be all about the anticipation and the focus should be all on the woman being proposed to. He mentioned it enough times for me to think that he was bothered by the fact that it wasn't just about them.
I just see that as a normal view.  Of course it is contrary to what usually happens on the Bach but the Bach format is silly IMO. Thinking that means he doesn't see their engagement as real is different from thinking the circumstance of the engagement was not the proposal he wanted as permanent history. Smiley  

This is where we interpret things differently. You are speaking to how you think he feels about his relationship (not engaged) while I am speaking to how I think he feels about the circumstances of the engagement day (not ideal).

Despite our differences, we both appear to think a reproposal is possible. bestbud!

Last edited by notarose on Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:44 am

MonicaJM2001 wrote:Have we figured roughly how much time V has as far as U S vs Canada over the year? i am guessing mid Sept 2016-mid Nov US/overseas then mid March to mid May plus most of June has her at 5 months out of Canada which means approximately one more US month within a year available??? @GuardianAngel Am I understanding correctly or do I have it off? I am just curious how long this current Montreal stint will last.

2016 doesn't count. Whatever days she was out of Canada in 2016 is for 2016.

Jan 2017 starts over with the number of days a Canadian is allowed to be in the US, 180 days. The day she was leaving with all that luggage would have been her first day IF she didn't enter the US at any point of entry any time prior to that. Then from there we would add up the days she remained in the US. As soon as she returned to Montreal, the days stop, as soon as she crosses the border again, the days start to add up again. So lets say she had 90days in the USA, she goes to Montreal for two weeks, then returns. The first day back in the US is 91 days. Whatever remaining days she has, she can use until Dec 31 2017. Then it starts at zero again in 2018.

Hopefully she'll have it all sorted out where she doesn't have to worry about it. My friends spend their winters in Florida. But when they are home, they cross the border to Niagara Falls NY or Buffalo NY because we are so close, for summer concerts, dinner or whatever. So when planning their winter trip they need to allow for a week of sporatic days in case they want to go across the NY border for the day. Over seas trips do not affect the USA days.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:00 am

@guardianangel In one of his early interviews, Nick mentioned a few things he wanted to do once their engagement became public: a dinner reservation, spend more time with their respective families, hang out with friends, AND go on a vacation together. If they go outside of North America for a week or more that would help with the day count. yes My girlfriend had the same problem years ago with her fiancé and length of stay in RSA. It's a global thing that lots of peeps have to deal with. Very annoying.

Thanks for reposting the visitor visa particulars.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:21 am

notarose wrote:@jane781
We interpret things differently but I do recall the interview with Mills and that Nick said they had talked about a reproposal.
In several interviews prior Nick had voluntarily added that the proposal day wasn't ideal because another woman was involved on the same day. He had said that a proposal day should be all about the anticipation and the focus should be all on the woman being proposed to. He mentioned it enough times for me to think that he was bothered by the fact that it wasn't just about them.
I just see that as a normal view.  Of course it is contrary to what usually happens on the Bach but the Bach format is silly IMO. Thinking that means he doesn't see their engagement as real is different from thinking the circumstance of the engagement was not the proposal he wanted as permanent history. Smiley  

This is where we interpret things differently. You are speaking to how you think he feels about his relationship (not engaged) while I am speaking to how I think he feels about the circumstances of the engagement day (not ideal).

Despite our differences, we both appear to think a reproposal is possible. bestbud!

Totally agree @notarose. Nick is such a romantic at heart and it clearly bugged him (though he knew and accepted it as part of how the show works) that he had to spend so much of his engagement day worrying about how to let the F2 go. I've heard Nissa mention in press asking about wedding dated abouy how they are enjoying bring engaged so I don't think it is a question in their minds either and more so for Nick in particular wanting to propose again in a more ideal, less stressful setting.

Last edited by MonicaJM2001 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:22 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
MonicaJM2001 wrote:Have we figured roughly how much time V has as far as U S vs Canada over the year? i am guessing mid Sept 2016-mid Nov US/overseas then mid March to mid May plus most of June has her at 5 months out of Canada which means approximately one more US month within a year available??? @GuardianAngel Am I understanding correctly or do I have it off? I am just curious how long this current Montreal stint will last.

2016 doesn't count. Whatever days she was out of Canada in 2016 is for 2016.

Jan 2017 starts over with the number of days a Canadian is allowed to be in the US, 180 days. The day she was leaving with all that luggage would have been her first day IF she didn't enter the US at any point of entry any time prior to that. Then from there we would add up the days she remained in the US. As soon as she returned to Montreal, the days stop, as soon as she crosses the border again, the days start to add up again. So lets say she had 90days in the USA, she goes to Montreal for two weeks, then returns. The first day back in the US is 91 days. Whatever remaining days she has, she can use until Dec 31 2017. Then it starts at zero again in 2018.

Hopefully she'll have it all sorted out where she doesn't have to worry about it. My friends spend their winters in Florida. But when they are home, they cross the border to Niagara Falls NY or Buffalo NY because we are so close, for summer concerts, dinner or whatever. So when planning their winter trip they need to allow for a week of sporatic days in case they want to go across the NY border for the day. Over seas trips do not affect the USA days.

I thought it was 6 months in any 12-month period, not calendar year? If it was calendar year, then one could basically stay a whole year from July to June and claim it was fine, because it was 6 months in 2016 and 2017. I don't think works like that. The 12 months starts when you first enter the US, no matter when that is. It might be different for tax purposes though.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:31 am

According to this, it's a 12 month period not a calendar year.
https://blog.ingleinternational.com/how-long-can-i-legally-stay-in-the-u-s/

On the surface that looks problematic since she came in to LA for casting prior to the show filming but she may have been in the States several times before for leisure so it is also possible that her 12 month block expired already and that she is on another cycle. Her grandparents winter in Florida and in an insta live she mentioned loving Florida plus she has friends in other states and Galileo took a field trip to NYC last year. No way of knowing.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:55 am

notarose wrote:According to this, it's a 12 month period not a calendar year.
https://blog.ingleinternational.com/how-long-can-i-legally-stay-in-the-u-s/

On the surface that looks problematic since she came in to LA for casting prior to the show filming but she may have been in the States several times before for leisure so it is also possible that her 12 month block expired already and that she is on another cycle. Her grandparents winter in Florida and in an insta live she mentioned loving Florida plus she has friends in other states and Galileo took a field trip to NYC last year. No way of knowing.
If that is true it is good news, because there are pictures in her IG at the Hollywood sign on July 4 2016, which would mean that she started a new cycle this week. That would give them till the end of the year or a bit longer to solve the problem, preferably by getting married.
:wedding

If it is calendar year, my calculations say that she has used 98 days so far, give or take a day or two.

ETA: There is also a picture from July 1 2016 that looks like somewhere in the SW, and one in Montreal on Jun 26. Sometime between those dates she entered the US, possibly for the first time.

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane781 Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:29 pm

@notarose I can certainly see what youre saying and I wouldn't say I disagree with your perspective. That being said, I wouldn't doubt the realist in both of them doesn't necessarily see the proposal/engagement in the way one normally would. You wouldn't generally say things like we're taking baby steps and we'll see what happens once you are engaged. I'm not saying these aren't completely reasonable in this scenario. They certainly are and I appreciate the realism.

I think any lead would say the proposal situation on this show isn't ideal. I just think it was much harder on Nick than any previously lead because of his history of being F2 twice and his heightened sympathy for Raven as a result.

Jane781

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 79 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #24

+50
Jane781
Rolly
kmick0890
LeapofFaith
docnash14