SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #7

Page 1 of 79 1, 2, 3 ... 40 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

imustbedreaming - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #7 Empty Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #7

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:38 pm

Previous threads here

Continue #7 here

sdmom wrote:
Bach/ette wrote:@sdmom Well we know that they broke up when she went to law school. She was in law school from 2008-2011. So it can be any time between then. What is interesting is when she was in the pool with Peter and she said "I learned the long and hard way that I would move for the right reasons."

Durant was in Texas 2006-07, dratred in 2007 by Seattle Sonics, so by the time she went to law school in 2008 KD was no longer in Texas. I would take that article with a grain of salt, because to me, the timeline doesn't make sense. Who knows, maybe they were just casually dating? All Jmo.
Anyway, it doesn't matter now. Rachel is happily engaged and KD is in pursuit of his first championship. Good luck to Rachel.

A1day1 wrote:@reason I'm pretty sure I heard her say it in a podcast or interview. I'm sorry, I can't remember the exact one, but if I find it I'll let you know!

A1day1 wrote:@reason her radio interview with Mario Lopez is where she said she dated the college coach.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

imustbedreaming - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #7 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #7

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:00 pm

@lleyki This:
The reactions about the Kevin Durant thing amuses me. I guess I would think this was such a big deal if she dated him when he was already in the NBA, which to be honest, when I saw the headline on US Weekly, before reading the story, I thought that's what it would be. I actually wondered if he was the long-distance ex she'd referred to. But she dated him in college *shrug*. Save for the guys who married their college girlfriends (LeBron and Steph Curry for example), I'm sure you can find many people who dated some famous athlete in college before they became famous.
imustbedreaming - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #7 4256136633

No big whoop. IMO

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

imustbedreaming - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #7 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #7

Post by stuckinsc Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:08 pm

Actually KD was famous in college. He was a highly sought after recruit and was talked about extensively the whole one year he was in college. So if she dated him at UT it is notable, at least for a sports fan like me, even more so that she doesn't mention it. To me that speaks volumes on who she is. It makes me question why she is friends with the "squad" even more. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:14 pm

@stuckinsc I wouldn't read too much into the "squad" thing. These were her friends and she lived with them for two months. It would make sense that she wouldn't just disown them as soon as she became bachelorette. I think that would be messed up. JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:30 pm

@stuckinsc I know there's been a lot made out of the squad thing esp in the board since Nick's season. Here's my take - each of the women are close to and supportive of Rachel but imo based on their comments from the premier episode i.e. something about it's Rachel who would be able to bring together such an unlikely group of people - I am not convinced they were all one group of friends. they each have a relationship with Rachel - yes... some of them are specifically close - probably...I'm just not convinced they're all actually close -- it's more like a small group of college classmates that went to study abroad somewhere or something... all imo
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:47 pm

My only issue with the whole "squad" thing, is the use of the term at all. Bad enough from any of these women but when Rachel, a 31 year old woman is saying it, it makes me cringe. Now admittedly part of that comes from my aversion to the word thanks to Taylor Swift and her phoniness and my many issues with her and her faux-feminism (but that's for another discussion).

But also, I do think there is an inherent high school/cliquish connotation to the word. Like you're immediately imagining a Mean Girls, "you can't sit with us" vibe. Now before it comes, I am NOT saying that is what Rachel and these women were doing, just expressing why I personally hate the term and cringe every time I see a bunch of women referring to themselves as such.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:39 pm

@lleyki Taylor Swift and co more or less appropriated the word squad. I know it is associated with her now, but she isn't the one who coined it. It's a slang term out of AAVE (African American Vernacular English), and even many of us who are a little older will use a lot of those slang terms in informal settings, because it's kind of a cultural thing. As an example, I believe Josiah referred to Rachel as looking "dope" in the premiere episode, and he is also an attorney and is pushing 30.  

I can definitely understand where you're coming from considering how "squad" has ended up (we would have been saying "crew" or "posse" 20 years ago) combined with the seeming giggly vapidness of some of those women from Nick's season, but I just wanted to add another perspective as to why it wouldn't be weird coming from Rachel. I'm not sure how to explain it better, and sorry mods if this is off-topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:46 pm

KD isn't just some athlete, he's literally a superstar and one of the best NBA players in the league IMO.  I think finding out Rachel has a link to him is a fun, cool bit of trivia about her past. JMO. I find it fascinating to wonder what dating an elite athlete was like in the fun college years, and wonder what good stories she has, that's just me.

Honestly I couldn't stop thinking last night if she follows his career, cheers for his teams, etc.  I would imagine the guys being totally in awe over this if they knew giggling .

ETA and I hate the "squad" expression too, but I also hate many other commonly used expressions currently, so I just ignore them and don't use them myself.  JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:47 pm

MissSid wrote:@lleyki Taylor Swift and co more or less appropriated the word squad. I know it is associated with her now, but she isn't the one who coined it. It's a slang term out of AAVE (African American Vernacular English), and even many of us who are a little older will use a lot of those slang terms in informal settings, because it's kind of a cultural thing. As an example, I believe Josiah referred to Rachel as looking "dope" in the premiere episode, and he is also an attorney and is pushing 30.  

I can definitely understand where you're coming from considering how "squad" has ended up (we would have been saying "crew" or "posse" 20 years ago) combined with the seeming giggly vapidness of some of those women from Nick's season, but I just wanted to add another perspective as to why it wouldn't be weird coming from Rachel. I'm not sure how to explain it better, and sorry mods if this is off-topic.

I know where the term comes from and I'm well aware it's been around for a long time. I never said Taylor Swift coined it. However, in recent years, it has been associated with her but more importantly, it's the connotation of cliquishness associated with it that makes me cringe when I hear it. That was the point I was making.

KD isn't just some athlete, he's literally a superstar and one of the best NBA players in the league IMO.

Not to speak for anyone else, but I never considered Durant "just some athlete". Again, I'm well aware of who Kevin Durant is and the star that he is in the NBA. Yes, I can understand the excitement some have over this. But just speaking for myself, I personally didn't think it was such a big deal because it didn't particularly surprise me. Once again, considering Rachel's background of coming from a prominent family, she was in a Sports Management program at UT Austin, she's beautiful, I just didn't think it was so surprising she dated a baller if you will. Like I said, I actually expected to read it was when he was already in the NBA.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia_Leoni Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:55 pm

I get the sense that she uses the term "squad" in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way. Not her closest group of girlfriends, just a couple of women who bonded over their shared Bachelor experience. Just imo, that's all it is, a silly term for a superficial relationship.

Mia_Leoni

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:59 pm

In my opinion she seems pretty sincere in talking about them and referencing them as her "girls" and "squad". Didn't some also insist she wasn't really serious when she mentioned loving Bieber back when Nick's season was airing? And yeah, seems like she meant that too.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:20 pm

Brief preview and article about Anthony's 1-on-1 date with Rachel on Monday's episode: 'The Bachelorette': What's it like to go on a date with Rachel?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 79 1, 2, 3 ... 40 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #7

+67
BacheloretteFan425
loveisallweneed
composer53
mercieme
gramercypark10
Lawkid
Luvstruck
Zaynab
flojo031
Santaluces92
2observe