Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@outlook.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Page 70 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:47 am

Just a question - do we not have to say JMO or IMO if we are referring to someone as F1? I am confused as it hasn't been proven as fact yet (has it?).

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Kashathediva on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:58 am

If stating an opinion, it would be good to use words indicating such as: JMO, I think, personally speaking etc.
These do not need to be used liked punctuation, but they need to be used more than a signature line at the end of your post and for probably for each separate idea or thought that is an opinion vs fact.
For specific examples, contact mods if you are unclear. I do believe enough posting has been done for guidance in the threads.
If a post is offense there is a report button.  
I really do not want to take the thread OT as I believe we have a whole topic related in the site rules and etiquette and mods are available for followup in pms.


My doctor asked me: "Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness?" My answer:"No they all enjoy it immensely."

" Let's all take a moment and put our petty Team This and Team That aside and remember when all is said and done we should be Team BBF first.   group hug 
Life really is too short. This is a show. " - Kasha 
 sweet kiss
avatar
Kashathediva
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 27210
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:11 am

@Kashathediva wrote:If stating an opinion, it would be good to use words indicating such as: JMO, I think, personally speaking etc.
These do not need to be used liked punctuation, but they need to be used more than a signature line at the end of your post and for probably for each separate idea or thought that is an opinion vs fact.
For specific examples, contact mods if you are unclear. I do believe enough posting has been done for guidance in the threads.
If a post is offense there is a report button.  
I really do not want to take the thread OT as I believe we have a whole topic related in the site rules and etiquette and mods are available for followup in pms.

Thank you. I am not finding any of the posts offensive but thanks for the heads up.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Girl Born To Travel on Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:26 pm

@see2love wrote:I see Bryan is working out and gettin ready for his Bachelor gig. You go Bryan, get that body in shape giggling  IMO

Hello see2love! handwave

I would like to say that, IMO, if Bryan is not F1 -and IMO he is not F1-the likelihood for Bryan to be The Bachelor is little. IMO, Bryan is a very polarising figure. IMO After the BIP fiasco, the producers are going to be far more careful with their choices; IMO I don't imagine them choosing as their next lead, a guy who as a 25 yo (a proper adult) was on a show called 'The Player'. I must say I don't judge Bryan for this, it is his life if he wanted to be part of a show of that nature, he did what he had to do, but IMO, I just don't see The Baxhelor happening for him.

Overall, IMO Bryan is not F1 and IMO, he won't be te next Baxhelor either, but of course I can be wrong. Statistically talking I have 50% chance to be right/wrong...just like everyone else here. Smiley


Girl Born To Travel

Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by lleyki on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:09 am

I would like to say that, IMO, if Bryan is not F1 -and IMO he is not F1-the likelihood for Bryan to be The Bachelor is little.

Many said the same about Nick right up until they made the announcement on After Paradise.

IMO, Bryan is a very polarising figure.

Is that really true though? I think so many times we forget that the subset of viewers who obsess about this show and all the little details and read spoilers, etc. isn't necessarily that huge. To the average viewer who is just watching the show and not online running CIS type background checks on these people, would they really be bothered by Bryan when he's really done nothing offensive on the show?

Not to mention that the producers can work amazing magic with editing. It really feels like it has to be stressed since it's starting to feel like this has been dragging on now forever but it's only been three episodes. Bryan hasn't had a 1 on 1, viewers haven't truly gotten to see his and Rachel's relationship, it doesn't seem like he gets involved in drama in the house, so it doesn't seem like he'll be a sleeper villain. In other words, who knows how people will feel about Bryan by the end of the season.

Look how public opinion changed about Vanessa for some viewers based on the editing. In the early episodes, many loved her and after her and Nick's 1 on 1, people couldn't stop gushing and basically declaring the season over. Then the editing did a hatchet job on their relationship and by the end, to a lot of viewers she was the whiny, weepy, awful person while Raven was awesome and fun and Nick should have picked her. And again, I'm not talking about the opinion of posters on here who are spoiled and were sleuthing. I'm talking about the average person tweeting about the show on Mondays and is mostly a casual viewer.

So with all that said, I see no evidence at the moment that indicates that Bryan being the next lead if he's not picked will be such an impossibility, IMO.

lleyki

Posts : 1128
Join date : 2012-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by mysthelma on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:41 am

I will take a "polarising" bachelor over vanilla any day. Jmo
avatar
mysthelma

Posts : 1311
Join date : 2014-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by makeover on Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:46 am

@mysthelma wrote:I will take a "polarising" bachelor over vanilla any day. Jmo
Same. Vanilla Ben was sooo boring. So was Chris Soules. At least Bryan looks like he can carry a conversation and if not, he can just flirt with the ladies.

Seriously though, polarizing is good for TV. Only thing is it is gonna be weird if they cast girls in their early twenties.

makeover

Posts : 195
Join date : 2016-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Girl Born To Travel on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:06 am

@lleyki wrote:
I would like to say that, IMO, if Bryan is not F1 -and IMO he is not F1-the likelihood for Bryan to be The Bachelor is little.

Many said the same about Nick right up until they made the announcement on After Paradise.

IMO, Bryan is a very polarising figure.

Is that really true though? I think so many times we forget that the subset of viewers who obsess about this show and all the little details and read spoilers, etc. isn't necessarily that huge. To the average viewer who is just watching the show and not online running CIS type background checks on these people, would they really be bothered by Bryan when he's really done nothing offensive on the show?

Not to mention that the producers can work amazing magic with editing. It really feels like it has to be stressed since it's starting to feel like this has been dragging on now forever but it's only been three episodes. Bryan hasn't had a 1 on 1, viewers haven't truly gotten to see his and Rachel's relationship, it doesn't seem like he gets involved in drama in the house, so it doesn't seem like he'll be a sleeper villain. In other words, who knows how people will feel about Bryan by the end of the season.

Look how public opinion changed about Vanessa for some viewers based on the editing. In the early episodes, many loved her and after her and Nick's 1 on 1, people couldn't stop gushing and basically declaring the season over. Then the editing did a hatchet job on their relationship and by the end, to a lot of viewers she was the whiny, weepy, awful person while Raven was awesome and fun and Nick should have picked her. And again, I'm not talking about the opinion of posters on here who are spoiled and were sleuthing. I'm talking about the average person tweeting about the show on Mondays  and is mostly a casual viewer.

So with all that said, I see no evidence at the moment that indicates that Bryan being the next lead if he's not picked will be such an impossibility, IMO.

I expressed my views you expressed yours, is is true, you say? Well that is almost an epistemological question.  Bryan is not Nick, and we are not discussing Nick, here, we are talking about a complete different person and a complete different context, context is fundamental.  In reality, in a situation like this one, we  can make a case for/ against almost anything if we really want,  precisely because of the nature of the show. *EDIT*

I must also note that I never claimed my opinion was a fact or was evidence of anything. I have stressed many times that this is not even a 'theory' for me but pure speculation. I care about sleuthing for fun not for headaches. I hope to make a contribution here, because I do real life research. To me this is light fun. I am not invested in the lives of these contestants, we don't know them personally, we only know their public persona. I don't care about connecting deeper with the contestants or with the lead, if you know what I mean. I like what I see or not.

Now you tell me that you don't think Bryan is polarising, well that is your opinion and I respect it but I don't share it, perhaps I need to clarify this: I think Bryan's public persona is polarising, but not necessarily he as a whole individual; but people see his public self. I am a researcher  and in the behavioural sciences we would make a distinction between a media/public persona and the private one. One type of persona can be polarising and the other one not. We don't have just one 'self', Erving Goffman's explained this well when he developed the concept of dramaturgy, so if you are curious you can google it  Smiley .  IMO, Bryan's  media/public presence/image could be coded by using thematic  analysis within the category of polarising and that IMO may - or may not- alter his chances to become the next lead. In spit of this why I made no claims about him; I said repeatedly that it was JMO and that I may be wrong and I didn't even claim to have a 'theory' about Bryan. I hope this is clear.

Overall, I respect other views even if I don't share them, but I don't feel the need to contest every view I disagree with, otherwise I will be discussing certain topics ad infinitum - and not just here on the forum- that is why  I will overlook what IMO is redundant or uninteresting and I won't be responding to posts that  I feel (IMO)  are not adding much substance, so I will be as polite as possible  Smiley   but I think the forum as a whole has done a good job. Your views are fine with me. If you are correct, then good for you. Frankly, I doubt I will be watching the next Bachelor Us, not matter who the next baxhelor is, because the US versionit is far too dramatic for my taste, I prefer our Australian version.


Last edited by Kashathediva on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:13 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Girl Born To Travel

Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by gramercypark10 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:13 am

@lleyki wrote:
I would like to say that, IMO, if Bryan is not F1 -and IMO he is not F1-the likelihood for Bryan to be The Bachelor is little.

Many said the same about Nick right up until they made the announcement on After Paradise.

IMO, Bryan is a very polarising figure.

Is that really true though? I think so many times we forget that the subset of viewers who obsess about this show and all the little details and read spoilers, etc. isn't necessarily that huge. To the average viewer who is just watching the show and not online running CIS type background checks on these people, would they really be bothered by Bryan when he's really done nothing offensive on the show?

Not to mention that the producers can work amazing magic with editing. It really feels like it has to be stressed since it's starting to feel like this has been dragging on now forever but it's only been three episodes. Bryan hasn't had a 1 on 1, viewers haven't truly gotten to see his and Rachel's relationship, it doesn't seem like he gets involved in drama in the house, so it doesn't seem like he'll be a sleeper villain. In other words, who knows how people will feel about Bryan by the end of the season.

Look how public opinion changed about Vanessa for some viewers based on the editing. In the early episodes, many loved her and after her and Nick's 1 on 1, people couldn't stop gushing and basically declaring the season over. Then the editing did a hatchet job on their relationship and by the end, to a lot of viewers she was the whiny, weepy, awful person while Raven was awesome and fun and Nick should have picked her. And again, I'm not talking about the opinion of posters on here who are spoiled and were sleuthing. I'm talking about the average person tweeting about the show on Mondays  and is mostly a casual viewer.

So with all that said, I see no evidence at the moment that indicates that Bryan being the next lead if he's not picked will be such an impossibility, IMO.

Most formed their opinion after the Ellen date for Bryan which wasn't good, and many formed their opinion after the first 1on1 for TOG who received props for adressing therapy. You just had to scroll through Twitter and listen to some of the podcasts even if you weren't spoiled to know how Bryan was being perceived unfortunately.

gramercypark10

Posts : 325
Join date : 2016-11-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by nd4reality on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:15 am

@mysthelma wrote:I will take a "polarising" bachelor over vanilla any day. Jmo

I would also.

However tptb find it imo difficult to handle non-vanilla and end up messing up the season with editing and/or throw them to the lions. Sadly they need a puppet type more than someone that can be true to themselves. Jmo.

ETA on another note, I do anticipate Bryan's edit to dip at some point in the season. Specially if he is not in the running for next lead. Or if he is f1.
We'all keep an eye out on who gets the driven snow edit and who does not. Tots have not let a future possible f1 off the hook for a very little no time, they show warts and all. Fro what I can see Eric's edit is far from clean so it's TBD between the f2 who is getting a dip in edit. Jmo.
avatar
nd4reality

Female Posts : 11994
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by see2love on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:23 am

Hi @GirlBornToTravel. handwave

I dont think CS was vanilla, his season (except the end) was one of my favourite seasons! I like all types of Leads especially if they are age appropriate and really ready to settle. I dont believe 23/24 year old females leads or contestants coming on ready to be engaged( history has shown they want to shill and I see nothing wrong with that) so I tend to not be enchanted by their seasons. I would watch Bryan as the lead because he is 37 and will have women older on his season. There is room for Vanillas, players, polarising leads. Different strokes for different folks. I was indifferent about Nick, he wouldn't have been my choice as a Lead but many loved him so kudos to them. Bryan isnt my choice for a partner but many love him so if he is F1 or lead, kudos to him.
I can watch the show to see a love story, I can also appreciate a good train wreck.
JMO
avatar
see2love

Posts : 2753
Join date : 2012-02-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by gramercypark10 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:26 am

@see2love wrote:Hi @GirlBornToTravel. handwave

I dont think CS was vanilla, his season (except the end) was one of my favourite seasons! I like all types of Leads especially if they are age appropriate and really ready to settle. I dont believe 23/24 year old females leads or contestants coming on ready to be engaged( history has shown they want to shill and I see nothing wrong with that) so I tend to not be enchanted by their seasons. I would watch Bryan as the lead because he is 37 and will have women older on his season. There is room for Vanillas, players, polarising leads. Different strokes for different folks. I was indifferent about Nick, he wouldn't have been my choice as a Lead but many loved him so kudos to them. Bryan isnt my choice for a partner but many love him so if he is F1 or lead, kudos to him.
I can watch the show to see a love story, I can also appreciate a good train wreck.
JMO

Let's be honest everyone including the producers love a train wreck imo.

gramercypark10

Posts : 325
Join date : 2016-11-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 70 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum