SELECT CONTENT

JoJo Fletcher-Rodgers & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Page 41 of 47 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JoJo Fletcher-Rodgers & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 41 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher-Rodgers & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Post by LoveDovez Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:59 am

Cocoasneeze wrote:We have been talking in depth about Aaron, and he didn't take part in the show. He's been called out for a situation we have no clue about, so imho the other members should be able to be talked about. And we are only talking about this at all because Jordan and his and Aaron's father have made public comments about it, not because of Aaron's actions.  Jmho.

Aaron didn't have a problem being on the Today's show this morning to toot his horn about giving the million dollars.. Maybe his family don't have enough money to pay for his precious time. : ( @@
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

JoJo Fletcher-Rodgers & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 41 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher-Rodgers & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Post by Chgohighlife Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:05 am

Ash2214 wrote:@ReneeM well said.

@Alanna I think that realistically, that’s just what Jordan and Luke want. They just want Aaron to show some compassion to his parents per Jordan at this point I think. Regardless of his parents (mostly his dad’s IMO) political and religious beliefs, just care for their well being.
@Ash2214
@ReneeM
@Alanna

IMO, This whole just suck it up and do what’s required, just call, just check on them, just mention them in your PSA is one-sided. You’ve all said how you would feel and what you’d expect hkiKm to do about it. His family is doing the same thing. But it’s not about any of us or any of the family or former friends. It’s about what it takes for him to be at peace with himself. 
He knows everyone involved better than we do. He’s been apart from them long enough to know he made the right choice. IMO it is disgusting that they can’t respect him enough, love him enough, care enough about HIM  to respect his decision and leave him the hell alone. Aaron is clearly done with them. Emotional blackmail will not win him back. A man with his physical and psychological strength and fortitude (as indicated by his long term professional performance) cannot be cajoled or chided into being with them when it is likely IMO painful. 

Now that I have done a bit of research and understand more about who his dad and brother are via their publicly stated beliefs - I can honestly say I commend and admire Aaron for getting as far away from them as possible. Leave them where they belong, in the past. Don’t give them a single inch. I just hope he will find his soul mate and develop his own loving household and family free of bias and ignorance. His children deserve to be spared what he has bravely and decisively turned his back on. And FYI, I am a mother of grown children and this is all my opinion and how I feel. Children do not owe parents their personal well-being.

Last edited by Chgohighlife on Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:43 am; edited 2 times in total

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:07 am

LoveDovez wrote:
Cocoasneeze wrote:We have been talking in depth about Aaron, and he didn't take part in the show. He's been called out for a situation we have no clue about, so imho the other members should be able to be talked about. And we are only talking about this at all because Jordan and his and Aaron's father have made public comments about it, not because of Aaron's actions.  Jmho.

Aaron didn't have a problem being on the Today's show this morning to toot his horn about giving the million dollars.. Maybe his family don't have enough money to pay for his precious time. : ( @@

Glad that he used his huge platform to bring more awareness to the horrific situation that these people are going through. He made a huge donation so hopefully others will follow his footsteps. This has nothing to do with how much his family makes IMO . I am sure they are doing just fine financially!
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:07 am

Chgohighlife wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:@ReneeM well said.

@Alanna I think that realistically, that’s just what Jordan and Luke want. They just want Aaron to show some compassion to his parents per Jordan at this point I think. Regardless of his parents (mostly his dad’s IMO) political and religious beliefs, just care for their well being.
@Ash2214
@ReneeM
@Alanna

IMO, This whole just suck it up and do what’s required, just call, just check on them, just mention them in your PSA is one-sided. You’ve all said how you would feel and what you’d expect hkiKm to do about it. His family is doing the same thing. But it’s not about any of us or any of the family or former friends. It’s about what it takes for him to be at peace with himself. 
He knows everyone involved better than we do. He’s been apart from them long enough to know he made the right choice. IMO it is disgusting that they can’t respect him enough, love him enough, care enough about HIM  to respect his decision and leave him the hell alone. Aaron is clearly done with them. Emotional blackmail will not win him back. A man with his physical and psychological strength and fortitude (as indicated by his long term professional performance) cannot be cajoled or chided into being with them when it is likely IMO painful. 

Now that I have done a bit of research and understand more about who his dad and brother are via their publicly stated beliefs - I can honestly say I commend and admire Aaron for getting as far away from them as possible. Leave them where they belong, in the past. Don’t give them a single inch. I just hope he will find his soul mate and develop his own loving household and family free of bias and ignorance. His children deserve to be spared what he has bravely and decisively turned his back on. And FYI, I am a mother of grown children and this is all my opinion and how I feel. Children do not owe parents their personal well-being.

IMO. Yeah. Yep. Uh huh. I spent 30 seconds too much reading and every other sentence someone is being called stupid, dumb ax or being asked to crawl back into their hole. dizzy those were the nice things.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:43 pm

Aria wrote:Well, I don't think Danica will change anything, since we've seen the sympathetic girlfriend thing play out already. Olivia Munn said that she encouraged Aaron to talk with his parents since he hadn't talked to them or Luke for 8 months before they started dating. Her encouragement seemed to work and he did reach out and they came out and met her a couple of times, but it seems like the same old issues popped up again. She seemed to imply that they were too obsessed with his success, which supports the rumors out there that they tried to use his name for money/fame. And, given what Aaron has said about how he grew up in a religious household, namely his quote that "I think organized religion can have a mind-debilitating effect, because there is an exclusivity that can shut you out from being open to the world, to people, and energy, and love and acceptance." and what we have heard/seen about the Rodgers' beliefs (such as their homophobia and racism towards a certain president), I get it. I don't think they're toxic and abusive in a traditional sense, but I think that being around people like that brings Aaron back to a place in his life that was full of hatred towards others and he doesn't want to go back to that. Add in the greed and fame-hungry vibe that seems to exist and I don't blame him. I'm sure that Aaron has his faults and he's probably stubborn and arrogant himself, but I just don't agree with the notion that "family is everything and you should put up with their bull  because you're connected by blood". They honestly just seem like sh*t people to me and, IMO, the onus is on them to change, not the other way around.

All, IMO.

Yes. All of this. 

Re: the bolded. I really respect Aaron’s freethinking ways, as an aside. It’s not easy being indoctrinated with certain beliefs and being able to break away from that cesspool and think outside the box. Jordan was never able to do that by the sound of some of his college extra curriculars. Unless things have changed since then, idk.  Anyway, this makes me love my awesome QB boyfriend even more. laugh out loud He’s such a smart guy. On and off the field. 

Definitely not saying he’s perfect, and for me in an ideal world he’d make up with his family (cause what is it to me? I don’t need to deal with that racist nonsense or whatever), win another Super Bowl (cause he deserves it, the GOAT, and Go Pack Go!) and Jordan and JoJo would show up with confetti flying for my ultimate Packer/Bachelor mash up. laugh out loud As it stands, looks like that will never happen, so I’m just gonna go ahead and trust Aaron has some damn good reasons, and leave it at that. As I said elsewhere, you don’t cut family out to this extent for silly reasons.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:17 pm

IMO, Jordan is spending far too much time trying to get other people in the greater football community to disrespect Aaron and agree with him. Other sportscasters have spoken about his penchant for sharing his ugly views about his brother and how uncomfortable it makes them feel to hear him spewing negativity about someone who is a super accomplished champion worthy of respect in the field they know and love. The people who were speaking on two of the videos I viewed 
were also accomplished former football stars and that is a brotherhood where respect for Aaron’s accomplishments on the field supersedes their views of his personal behavior, if they even care about that at all. My point once again is that IMO Jordan’s jealousy and obsession with trashing his brother to people who do not agree or even wish to be involved or hear what should be his personal views is going to eventually cost him, professionally. 

IMO, the bottom line is he’s gossiping about a super star’s personal business and that’s not anyone’s prescription for professional success. I’m sure Twitter has taught him it’s no recipe for personal popularity either. Jordan got skewered for his stupid tweet about Aaron not checking on their mom. Comments are brutal, eventual career repercussions would not surprise me.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:17 am

How a guy treats his mom is how he’ll treat his wife .... JoJo can expect loyalty .... Danica .... not so much ... :gotcha:

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:21 am

If it was just that simple in reality. I know multiple people who have no relationship with their mother's, but are wonderful husbands/wives. Imo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:04 am

Cocoasneeze wrote:If it was just that simple in reality. I know multiple people who have no relationship with their mother's, but are wonderful husbands/wives. Imo.  
Agreed @Cocoasneeze and there are many ways to look at this that aren’t so simplistic. What kind of husband does a man with an obsession with a brother whose accomplishments he can never equal make? Take a look at Jordan’s Wiki and you will clearly see the context for that obsession. IMO it’s only fractionally about Aaron divorcing himself from their family and much more about his phenomenal financial and professional success. Then, I read the comments by and about the family Aaron left behind. Pundits talk about how smart Aaron is. I definitely agree. 

I’ll take Danica’s chances. Bigotry of any kind disgusts me especially when it’s masked by religious extremism. All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:14 am

I have no idea what happened with this family, why Aaron has shut his parents out of his life, or who is originally to blame. I have my own opinions about how a person should treat their parents or what it would take for me to shut any family member out of my life, but I am also disgusted by the public airing of greivences regardless of fault. But I also think this conversation has taken a disturbing anti-Christian turn.

Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:17 am

Lexi wrote:I have no idea what happened with this family, why Aaron has shut his parents out of his life, or who is originally to blame. I have my own opinions about how a person should treat their parents or what it would take for me to shut any family member out of my life, but I am also disgusted by the public airing of greivences regardless of fault. But I also think this conversation has taken a disturbing anti-Christian turn.
@Lexi
IMO There is nothing Christian about bigotry. Nothing.  My point is anti-bigotry.

Last edited by Chgohighlife on Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : IMO)

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:38 am

@Chgohighlife I’m not comfortable with accusing people of bigotry either to be honest. Unless we have direct proof of them treating people badly because of bigotry I would never call someone a bigot because of their Christian beliefs.

Last edited by Lexi on Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add sentence.)

Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 47 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

JoJo Fletcher-Rodgers & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

+61
gurlbrit
HavaDrPepper
Fangirl26
provenceguy
nd4reality