SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Page 54 of 66 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 60 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 54 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Post by djogbenyuie Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:48 pm

@lleyki I sure hope he didn't say I Love You in that mess.
I can't begin to imagine the backlash if he said that.

Other than that, excellent post.
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 54 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Post by Norcalgal Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:08 pm

@likeashipblown great post
@"ileyki" My hope is that Peter and Rachel leave with mutual respect for each other, regardless of what is said in an emotional moment

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:39 pm

@likeashipblown@lleyki I love these two posts so much!

I remember what I read somewhere and it pretty much says the same thing: it seems like Rachel was the go-fixer, the problem-solver in her past relationships. Maybe her mentality is if she works hard, the problems will go away. The harder she works, the greater the reward will be. Look how she's accomplished in her life so far! So, imo, that's why she works so hard to draw Peter out, because if she can fix him, she will enjoy the reward so much more!
But love should not be so hard! Bryan is the total opposite of her old belief. He's too good to be true. It's too easy to be good. She doesn't need to be the one who works so hard to earn love, because he accepts who she is, her flaws and all. She admitted she has never had this before, this unconditional acceptance and constant affirmation, imo.
So her crying, part of it's relate to Peter, part is, imo, her a-ha moment : she's free to love and to be loved! It's good but still scary and she's not used to it. Plus fatigue, physically and emotionally, has a part in it, too.
All Jmo. But I truly hope she let Peter go before FRC. I think it's kinder to him and to Bryan too.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:27 pm

djogbenyuie wrote:@likeashipblown clapping! clapping! clapping!

Wow I agree with every single word. Especially when you say Peter was the safer risk and she feared making a mistake because she was not going for what she was used to.
Totally agree @likeashipblown beautifully articulated .

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:56 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
nd4reality wrote:May thoughts are that R eliminates Eric at F3, goes for an LCD with Peter and then in the evening portation they talk and cry and she eliminates him (SCs in the rain).

OR he eliminates himself. I didn't see anyone posting this, maybe I missed it.
IMO that is more likely because he isn't feeling it blah blah and that will gaurantee to turn the overwhelming love for P to an avalanche on SM. He will be the conquoring hero for doing the right thing and folks will say that Bryan was the default F1.

JMO>

Wouldn't that be full circle for Peter and be foreshadowing from his talk during his HTD where he discussed how traumatic it was letting that other relationship go to the point of tears. I can see him telling Rachel he has go, we see him crying on the floor, and then we see her walking outside in the rain crying. Full circle and ties in the HTD talk with the ex.

I don't think I've seen this discussed, but did anyone else notice in the4 preview where Peter is sitting on floor crying they do a close up 9his hand is covering his mouth) and you can faintly hear "What is wrong with me?" spoken in what sounds like Peter's voice? It could be a splice, or not. It could be there to set the backstory that he later has an epiphany and is now ready tom find love as the lead. Any others with thoughts on this?
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:06 pm

likeashipblown wrote:Just my opinion... I think she lets Peter go.

Because in the previews in the rain, she says, "I don't want to repeat what I've done in every single relationship." That means that's her self-awareness driving her and her growth, it would seem.

Combine that with Peter saying something about not wanting to give up on her, right? That all seems like Rachel sort of has to be the one to initiate their ending, doesn't it? Even if it's a mutual decision by the end?

That all dovetails in to her interview with ABC News where she said: "and I run toward the one that's more complicated, and who I can fix and we can work on it together."

I truly believe, as much as she knew it was Bryan, that didn't make it as easy for her as it might seem given her default behaviors.

She told Bryan very clearly on one of their dates that she never believes in the good when it happens to her as far as relationships, and she's scared of the good, because she's afraid of putting herself out there, being vulnerable, and getting hurt.

She basically has spelled out for us all season Bryan is the one who has the power to hurt her the most and who she fears the most. She kept saying, "what scares me..." in regards to him. And she keeps saying post show, "it's scary, because he's exactly who he said he is."  Bryan was her biggest fear/risk, imo. Precisely because he had it all together, loved her, wanted her, courted her the whole time, and kept telling her he wasn't going to let her sabotage them.

She knows how to do relationships where she runs towards a complicated situation, she can fix it, they can work together to fix it, etc. Peter, even without a proposal, would have been the safer choice for Rachel because she knows that terrain and she doesn't see it as the same type of emotional/vulnerability risk, imo.

The huge risk for Rachel was truly letting herself believe in the good. Or in this case, the too good to be true. The huge risk was after all those years of believing she couldn't have it all and settling for those types of relationships... the risk was that.. that she could, and it was right there, and it was real. To truly believe that the guy who was everything she wanted, wanted her back, wanted the life she wanted with her.

When you're afraid to just let go and believe, and when you run towards complicated, I get why you'd say you fear you are making a mistake when you finally find the courage to break the pattern, and I get why you'd have a meltdown when you're letting your default setting go, in this case, Peter and that relationship.  That's a lot. That's huge.

Knowing, wanting, and acting on are totally different things. Listening to your heart, trusting your heart, and following your heart are not the same as knowing what it wants. I think this all goes to Chris' early comments about how Rachel almost plotted on herself trying to overthink it.

I think the Peter break-up will be emotional for her, but I still think she initiates it, and I don't think the emotion is necessarily even going to be ALL about Peter, as much as it is her breaking through. Finally. Breaking your bad habit cycle is a huge effing deal and... scary. She'll be sad about Peter, of course, I take nothing away from that, but given how much they've divulged, I think it's easy to see why she'd be so emotional and so scared for way deeper reasons. She was running towards her biggest risk despite it being "easy" or "guaranteed" to her... as far as her insecurities, it was anything but.  

Just my opinion. Can they give us some previews though? Jeez.

@likeashipblown :claphands :claphands :claphands This is the best explanation of this season I have read. Bravo!
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by LynnTa Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:13 pm

sdmom wrote:@likeashipblown@lleyki I love these two posts so much!

I remember what I read somewhere and it pretty much says the same thing: it seems like Rachel was the go-fixer, the problem-solver in her past relationships. Maybe her mentality is if she works hard, the problems will go away. The harder she works, the greater the reward will be. Look how she's accomplished in her life so far! So, imo, that's why she works so hard to draw Peter out, because if she can fix him, she will enjoy the reward so much more!
But love should not be so hard! Bryan is the total opposite of her old belief. He's too good to be true. It's too easy to be good. She doesn't need to be the one who works so hard to earn love, because he accepts who she is, her flaws and all. She admitted she has never had this before, this unconditional acceptance and constant affirmation, imo.
So her crying, part of it's relate to Peter, part is, imo, her a-ha moment : she's free to love and to be loved! It's good but still scary and she's not used to it. Plus fatigue, physically and emotionally, has a part in it, too.
All Jmo. But I truly hope she let Peter go before FRC. I think it's kinder to him and to Bryan too.

Exactly @sdmom! That's how I saw it hence the "you will see me struggle" from Rachel. She was in disbelief that LOVE could be easy and simple giddy happy. Peter was her usual type. Another reason she could have for keeping him this long is she just wanted to have no regrets . She gave him and herself enough time(within the limits of the show) to explore the relationship and she won't have "what ifs" down the road. AJMO

LynnTa

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:56 pm

@likeashipblown and @lleyki, Love your posts! Well said. :claphands

I saw only one reciprocated, two-way love story this season and that was between Rachel and Bryan. IMO They both love and accept each other completely - flaws and all. Whatever happens in the future, IMO Rachel made the best choice for herself. Living a good life is the best revenge IMO. I wish them both a lifetime of happiness. Smiley

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by LynnTa Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:01 pm

For Rachel's sake,I really hope that Peter doesn't show up at FRC. If he proposes and she turns him down, she is going to be the most hated Bachelorette ! JMO

I'm thinking though that she will let him go on LCD. On Monday we will see the end of the FD & I think they will talk until morning. Probably Peter tells her that despite the impasse, he will not give up on her, so Rachel decides to give him LCD to see if they can resolve the problem. They seek the priest's help. It doesn't help and she lets him go and he is crushed (crying on the floor) and she is too (crying ,leaving the hotel).

I think Bryan's LCD was 1st and the clip of him in his room is at the end of it and his mood is just the "normal" anxiety and Rachel is leaving . I'm sure he would have liked her to stay the night. AJMO

LynnTa

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:07 pm

IMO Rachel definitely lets Peter go before the FRC. We have SC of her outside his hotel crying in the rain and also inside his hotel shooting ITMs talking about how hard this goodbye was. Eric, Rachel and Bryan were all in different hotels (based on SC and last episode) and not in Peter's so IMO the only explanation for all the SCs is Rachel letting Peter go the night before the FRC.

Also the 'We are in two different places' SC in the same gray sweater - We see Rachel saying the words so it's not edited in. The only person who fits that is Peter since Rachel and Bryan are on the same page and have been since night 1 IMO. Smiley

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nativenewyorker Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:10 pm

There are some great posts here articulating how this season played out. I do agree about Rachel having this realization that she always goes for the complicated relationship where she has to fix everything and now she understands that love is not complicated and it doesn't have to be so much work! That was beautifully articulated here. I completely agree. It's a wonderful thing when a young woman can not only find true love, but also figure out some of her past mistakes and patterns in relationships. Rachel has taken a leap of faith and good for her!

I am with those who think she lets Peter go before the FRC. I can see her deciding to give it one more chance at the FD and that's where he ends up on the LCD. That is when I think she finally realizes that she needs to let him go. I hope that's how it plays out. I always think it's better for the F2 to be let go before the FRC if at all possible.

I can understand the emotion on both sides. I do think Peter cared for Rachel. I have stated my thoughts on Peter, so no need to repeat it here. But I think he has issues that need to be worked out. I am not even sure that it was all about not proposing for him. I think that was something that he could focus on as the issue. But I think there is more going on with him. I also think that this was a two man race. Rachel had feelings for both guys. But ultimately she did not get what she needed emotionally from Peter. She also realized that this was a continuation of her old patterns in relationships and that this was the time to break it. Rachel had the ability to see that Bryan was the right man for her. He gave her everything she needed, supported her, emotional and physical intimacy and unwavering commitment. This story has a happy ending!

I expect that they will all be able to move on with their lives. I also expect and hope that there will be no rancor from anyone. At some point SM will move on to something else and Rachel and Bryan can continue on with their life together.
Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:09 am

lleyki wrote:

Skipped

And in my opinion, that's what she realized and made a decision that was right for her. As for all the boo-hooing we see in the previews, well we don't know what Peter says when she comes to end things. Maybe he pulls a 25th hour "I love you", confusing her and her feelings.

skipped

I am thinking that he may tell her that he thought he was in love with her but realized that it is a bubble and he just cannot break down his walls for her because of that. He may tell her that he made a mistake thinking blah blah blah... this of course will bring tons of tears from both

this would explain bryan saying IMO: after what happened last night, I am not sure she will trust love again (not verbatim)

this for me looks like someone broke her heart enough for her to doubt everything. at this point, we know only 2 guys can do that emotionally. If I wore Rachel's shoes, if I was infatuated with a guy for weeks, heard even him saying I am falling in love.... if the guy changed his opinion............. rachel would be devastated

so on one hand she thought it was easy to make a decision (not verbatim) to say goodbye to Peter.... which means that it was no brain. She knew.

on the other hand, she broke down and was a mess.... the only thing that justify this is that peter will tell her something that will not change her mind but will devastate her.

I do not believe peter will tell her that is madly in love with her and she is making a wrong decision................. i will more go with the line that he made a mistake which would be IMO very upsetting AND make rachel doubt Bryan's feelings for her

jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 54 of 66 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 60 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

+100
richmondrose
everglow
appiah01
Billysmom
composer53
violetstoo
Seab21
TheWrongReasons
KK4
Nativenewyorker
likeashipblown