SELECT CONTENT

Chris Soules & Victoria Fuller - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #4

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris Soules & Victoria Fuller - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #4 - Page 3 Empty Re: Chris Soules & Victoria Fuller - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #4

Post by mtnlvr55 Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:34 pm

^^This is true
There was no proof of alcohol. There is no way we can assess fault unless we have a police report/a reconstructionist/statements from any and all witnesses. Since the family doesn't blame Chris, I would guess (and I'm only guessing) that there were no lights/no "slow moving vehicle" signs, etc. Rear-ending someone is not an absolute determiner of fault. There is comparative negligence in Iowa, which means that fault is assessed against each driver based on the facts obtained. We shouldn't blame Chris just because he has drank and drove before, it's irrelevant to this accident (unless there is evidence of drinking in THIS accident)
As a former claims rep for auto claims, it always bugs me when people jump to conclusions. (Hence the soapbox) :soapbox
He was technically guilty of not following the law--he left before the police came--but was he guilty of anything else, we don't know so IMO we shouldn't judge. Why did he leave? We don't know that either--was he in shock? Was he drinking and needed to sober up? Did he think he had done the right thing by calling and waiting for the EMT to get there? We don't know and likely will never know, since he has reached a plea deal.
It is highly likely that Chris's insurance policy has or will make a payment to the estate of some kind.
Chris has to live with the reality that he was involved in an accident that resulted in death--he has to deal with that guilt for the rest of his life. I've talked to people in that situation--it isn't easy, even when you are not at fault in any way. Pretty sure he has received his punishment.
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Chris Soules & Victoria Fuller - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #4 - Page 3 Empty Re: Chris Soules & Victoria Fuller - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #4

Post by Kashathediva Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:34 pm

@mtnlvr55
Thank you. :claphands

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:40 pm

@mtnlvr55 great post. Thanks for the info on your experiences.

I hope everyone can move on and heal which I'm sure hasn't been easy for anyone involved.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:10 pm

I worked for State Farm agents for over 21 years. I was fully licensed by my state and by State Farm. When you hit someone in the rear, you are at fault unless someone hit YOU in the rear and you were pushed into the car in front of you. I do not remember from which direction Chris hit the other person, and too lazy to go back into the thread to find out. Whatever....the whole incident is terribly sad and took a life. JMHO.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:03 am

albean99 wrote:I don't think there was any proof that he was drinking when the accident happened. I do think he was wrong for leaving but he did call the police and stay until the EMT's arrived. This had to have matured him because he has to feel a level of responsibility no matter what. I imagine he'll have some kind of probation and hopefully, community service.
@albean99
I already gave Chris credit for leaving the scene before toxicology could confirm he’d been drinking. This whole situation has been extremely well managed. That’s proven by the fact he’s been plead down from what could potentially for a scmuck been charged as vehicular manslaughter (a human being actually was rear ended and died) to maybe, kinda sorta leaving the scene of a non-descript accident. The family is apparently fine with the plea deal which speaks volumes and leaves no one else room for complaint. Chris is well advised, well-represented and very fortunate. All JMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:06 pm

A truly repentant person will show us by his actions going forward that he made a mistake. We are all human and most mistakes should be forgiven. If he's been living a quiet life, then that is a sign that he's remorseful but if he becomes Mr. Hollywood again, then we know it was an act to get a good deal with the law.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5301

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:42 pm

Newto wrote:I worked for State Farm agents for over 21 years.  I was fully licensed by my state and by State Farm.  When you hit someone in the rear, you are at fault unless someone hit YOU in the rear and you were pushed into the car in front of you.  I do not remember from which direction Chris hit the other person, and too lazy to go back into the thread to find out.  Whatever....the whole incident is terribly sad and took a life.  JMHO.

Thank you, Newto. IMO it’s fine to be a fan but, we cannot rewrite common knowledge and common sense. Anyone who knows how to drive a car knows if you fail to allow sufficient distance between your vehicle and the one in front of you, rear end someone and cause their death as a result, the accident is the fault of the driver who rear ended the victim with the exception you stated. The fact that he ran away and couldn’t be tested does not convince me he wasn’t drinking but it does prevent proof which was the purpose. Also, it was clear at the time as I recall, he left the scene and the call he made to 911 confirms by its content he was no longer on the scene when it was placed, IMO.  

Regardless of legal strategy employed, damages paid over/under the table and apparent good behavior while awaiting trial - a man is dead. Yes, I believe it was unfortunate and Chris will regret it for the rest of his life but, a man is dead and if that man were your brother or son or husband, people like to think they could forgive and hope they would but, do not know and hopefully never will. 

What I know for sure is I’m not passing the hat for a pity party for Chris. He’s well handled and cared for and doesn’t need any more protection or, excuses from me. All JMO

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:42 pm

I have prayed for Chris and his family. The family of the victim is also must be suffering and deserve respect and justice. I can't imagine what Chris will have to live with every day as long as he lives. I hope he can forgive himself. This is just a tragedy all around no matter what further punishment Chris is dealt.

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:13 pm

Also, it was clear at the time as I recall, he left the scene and the call he made to 911 confirms by its content he was no longer on the scene when it was placed,

GuardianAngel wrote:

https://www.eonline.com/news/986422/the-bachelor-s-chris-soules-pleads-guilty-in-fatal-car-crash-case

"While initial reports suggested Soules fled the scene, the 911 call confirms that Soules in fact was the one who contacted law enforcement immediately," his attorneys said in a statement to E! News in April 2017. "During the call, he clearly identified himself and explained his role in the terrible accident. Soules attempted to resuscitate Mr. Mosher and remained on the scene with him until emergency medical personnel arrived." His legal team further filed a demand asking law enforcement to preserve possible evidence.

Just keeping the facts straight. He did call 911 and he did try to resuscitate and didn't leave until medical personnel arrived. .

I'm glad to hear the family is ok with the outcome. That's the start of healing.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:14 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
Also, it was clear at the time as I recall, he left the scene and the call he made to 911 confirms by its content he was no longer on the scene when it was placed,

GuardianAngel wrote:

https://www.eonline.com/news/986422/the-bachelor-s-chris-soules-pleads-guilty-in-fatal-car-crash-case

"While initial reports suggested Soules fled the scene, the 911 call confirms that Soules in fact was the one who contacted law enforcement immediately," his attorneys said in a statement to E! News in April 2017. "During the call, he clearly identified himself and explained his role in the terrible accident. Soules attempted to resuscitate Mr. Mosher and remained on the scene with him until emergency medical personnel arrived." His legal team further filed a demand asking law enforcement to preserve possible evidence.

Just keeping the facts straight. He did call 911 and he did try to resuscitate and didn't leave until medical personnel arrived. .

I'm glad to hear the family is ok with the outcome. That's the start of healing.

@GuardianAngel
Thank you for the clarification. I went back and looked at reporting from the time and found your explanation accurate. It’s certainly better that he stayed and there was no evidence of drinking. My opinion of the legal strategy and excellent crisis management resulting in a better than usual outcome remains but, I think it’s fortunate for him and BN fans, as well.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:05 am

EMTs are not the police. The police are who he should have waited for. That is what he apparently did not do. Just my take on the whole thing.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:43 am

Newto wrote:EMTs are not the police.  The police are who he should have waited for.  That is what he apparently did not do.  Just my take on the whole thing.
@Newto
You are right, it’s actually a felony to leave the scene before the police arrive but, I originally thought Chris made the 911 call from the place he ran to but, he actually made it at the scene and waited for the EMT team to arrive before leaving. IMO That definitely places him in a better light and that focus supports the plea deal crisis management strategy which seeks to place the emphasis on when he left the scene versus the actual crime which resulted in a man’s death. 
As I said before, if the family is satisfied with the resolution, that’s what matters most and IMO we shouldn’t  anticipate jail time which is good for Chris. This is a well-orchestrated and executed deal that serves neighbors who’ve known each other for years and quite instructional for case law after the fact. JMO

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Soules & Victoria Fuller - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #4

+29
Linds911
allykat
jojo47
veg_out
HavaDrPepper