SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11

Page 9 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11

Post by Tiggerlgh Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:25 am

@ReneeM the fact that this is the first lead of color in how many seasons tells me sadly it's nothing new.  But showing it clearly on tv is all imo.

Last edited by Tiggerlgh on Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:51 am; edited 2 times in total

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:26 am

It's the same to me as in they don't care about the lead. If they did, they wouldn't stoop that low.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71468

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:31 am

Carine wrote:Could be a coincidence but interesting that she posted a bts pic from her 1on1 date with Peter.

Copper also has on his headphones (noise cancelling?) as IMO this was the night the fireworks were shown. Same dress she wore, same night/fireworks that Peter posted.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:36 am

coolangel wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
But the problem is-this is the show.
This is the show we are talking about. It's not good tv. IMO It's not about award winning tv or a romance or --I don't know how to categorize it in any other way besides referring to it as DRECK.
I mean honestly, it could have been this great thing or that great thing or the other great thing. It could have been. It could have been in an alternate world.
But this is Michael Fleiss and not Walt Disney. He does Chain Saw Massacre and not It's a Wonderful Life.
And I don't mean to be disrespectful to cast or readers/members. I don't excuse the show or it's producers. I think they suck. rofl
But when I go into a discount store and buy something damaged and disgusting from the 99.99% clearance rack I don't expect to get Louis Vuitton, I expect to get something cheap, damaged and disgusting.
It's about time the cast get with the ideology. There really are no surprises here. The contract spells it out pretty clearly. JMO

ITA! I have learnt my lesson over the last couple of seasons and even as a viewer, I don't expect anything different but the Lee storyline was a very hard pill to swallow and I am still disgusted that they went there. I just don't think Rachel expected it and I agree that it is on her and she should have known/educated herself prior to the season IMO. I remember making posts before the season that she needs to binge-watch UnReal. That might have really helped her IMO. Unfortunately, the cast never learns and it's the same story every season IMO. no no

All JMO

Some of us were concerned before the season started that Rachel's season would degenerate into this type of "racism" story.  I'm not surprised as @Kashathediva said it's Mike Fleiss not Walt Disney.  MF and Co have always gone for the shock factor; honestly if anyone wants to go on this show they should look at recent events from this franchise, and that includes BiP.  JMO

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:41 am

coolangel wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
But the problem is-this is the show.
This is the show we are talking about. It's not good tv. IMO It's not about award winning tv or a romance or --I don't know how to categorize it in any other way besides referring to it as DRECK.
I mean honestly, it could have been this great thing or that great thing or the other great thing. It could have been. It could have been in an alternate world.
But this is Michael Fleiss and not Walt Disney. He does Chain Saw Massacre and not It's a Wonderful Life.
And I don't mean to be disrespectful to cast or readers/members. I don't excuse the show or it's producers. I think they suck. rofl
But when I go into a discount store and buy something damaged and disgusting from the 99.99% clearance rack I don't expect to get Louis Vuitton, I expect to get something cheap, damaged and disgusting.
It's about time the cast get with the ideology. There really are no surprises here. The contract spells it out pretty clearly. JMO

ITA! I have learnt my lesson over the last couple of seasons and even as a viewer, I don't expect anything different but the Lee storyline was a very hard pill to swallow and I am still disgusted that they went there. I just don't think Rachel expected it and I agree that it is on her and she should have known/educated herself prior to the season IMO. I remember making posts before the season that she needs to binge-watch UnReal. That might have really helped her IMO. Unfortunately, the cast never learns and it's the same story every season IMO. no no

All JMO

I agree. This season went beyond the beyond. Add to that the Corrine mess and it makes shudder more than usual.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:41 am

Tiggerlgh wrote:@ReneeM the fact that this is the first lead of color in how many seasons tells me sadly it's nothing new.  But showing it clearly on tv ui all imo.
The MTA discussions is what will really bring the subject of racism to the forefront, imo.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:43 am

ReneeM wrote:It's actually highly offensive to me that racism is being lumped in with TPTB usual shenanigans. Idc what unReal did, racism crosses a line. It's not the same thing as casting whaboom and blake E. So Rachel's season is different IMO.

If you are referring to my post, I don't see where I lumped racism with TPTB shenanigans. I stated clearly multiple times how disgusted I was that they went there. However, anyone who watched UnReal knew it was a possibility coz that is exactly what happened.

I feel every single person who goes on this show should binge-watch UnReal before they sign the contract. TPTB are not your friends and don't give a crap about anyone IMO. In that sense, no one is really different and while this might be crossing a line for most of the viewing audience, it is business as usual for TPTB IMO. This is a new low for TPTB IMO but give them a few more seasons and I am sure they'll find a way to go lower than this for ratings.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:46 am

sdmom wrote:
sfrank wrote:
sdmom wrote:

I know, but IF he's f1, where would they have SHV this weekend? He's with family Friday and Saturday, quiet on Sunday and spotted in Chicago this morning and back to Madison this afternoon.
I was 1000 % convinced Bryan f1 but after seeing Rachel's newset post, I am back to 990%
Keep sleuthing!

I have no doubt in my mind that he's F2 so I guess that's where my confusion comes from...she posted a pic of her and her dog and somehow that means Peter is F1?  I don't follow.

Earlier Peter posted a picture of their 1-1 and Rachel also posted one from their 1-1. Could it be a shout out ? I just want to cover all grounds, that's why I threw out an unlikely (my opinion) scenario

I guess anyone can create a narrative that fits their argument for example I saw that picture and thought Rachel chose a pic that shows her walking her dog in middle of her date with Peter to prove a point - perhaps that it was no big deal?!. There was no one else that could do it while she and Peter were off on their romantic date? giggling
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:53 am

I'm gonna need Rachel to stop looking at pics of her 1 on 1 with Peter during her SHV with Bryan. Unless Peter is her f1. You know what they say, couples who troll together... laugh out loud

Happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 9 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:58 am

coolangel wrote:
ReneeM wrote:It's actually highly offensive to me that racism is being lumped in with TPTB usual shenanigans. Idc what unReal did, racism crosses a line. It's not the same thing as casting whaboom and blake E. So Rachel's season is different IMO.

If you are referring to my post, I don't see where I lumped racism with TPTB shenanigans. I stated clearly multiple times how disgusted I was that they went there. However, anyone who watched UnReal knew it was a possibility coz that is exactly what happened.

I feel every single person who goes on this show should binge-watch UnReal before they sign the contract. TPTB are not your friends and don't give a crap about anyone IMO. In that sense, no one is really different and while this might be crossing a line for most of the viewing audience, it is business as usual for TPTB IMO. This is a new low for TPTB IMO but give them a few more seasons and I am sure they'll find a way to go lower than this for ratings.

All JMO

I'm referring to all the posts in this conversation, including, but not limited to yours. Racism is being lumped in if the conversation is 'well same old TPTB, they don't care about any of their leads, I knew it'. As far as I know, there's never been a situation like this on the show, unless there's been some other black lead I've missed, so it's not same old same old. There's nothing Rachel could have done to prepare for this, maybe she did check out a couple episodes of unreal, but seeing it in an abstract sense and being confronted with it IRL isn't the same thing.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:03 am

coolangel wrote:
sfrank wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:I think it's probably producer driven also, but then IMO it's basically her fault. History shows with these people it's fool me once--yada.
Even as I type that I know I am going to get chit for that one. But it's well documented TPTB/MF&CO are not your friend. They don't care about the cast.
It's foolish to go into this process thinking you are going to be the one different cast person, especially if you are a woman. It seems women fare worse then the men. IMO

I would not be surprised if its also driven by a lot of the narrative this season and article like that one in The Atlantic recently that have accused show of exploitative plotlines that treat racism as entertainment. I've heard from many of my friends from diverse backgrounds who thought it was outrageous and have even stop watching all together.

I agree with both the posts. I wouldn't be surprised if she is fuming over how the season was handled IMO. Her sister liking Paco's post calling the season a joke is a good indicator how her family might be feeling and this was before all the Lee drama came to the forefront (JMO). There is nothing entertaining about racism and I am truly disgusted that the producers thought showing black men be antagonized by a closet racist is what this season needs. I think this season had the potential to be one of the best seasons coz Rachel is indeed a fantastic bachelorette IMO but TPTB ruined it with their crappy storylines, watered down connections (Adam who? Matt who?), TBC episodes and the constant shuffle of no epi-2 epi-repeat epi dizzy. The ratings are reflective of that IMO. On top of it, if Bryan is indeed her F1, I can see her being angry at how their relationship has been reduced to only make-outs while giving her F2 the perfect edit to make him a fan favorite for the Bachelor (JMO).

All JMO

That part makes me sad. She had some great guys. I wonder if Rachel now regrets doing the show? I wonder if she will receive backlash from some viewers when she sent Eric home? Even though she had said she didn't care but some people are crazy, imo. I truly hope she and f1 will enjoy their time now (I believe they are having SHV this weekend) and after the show, go back to their normal life to build their relationship. I want to see a beaming Rachel and her loving fiancé.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:04 am

ReneeM wrote:
coolangel wrote:

All JMO

I'm referring to all the posts in this conversation, including, but not limited to yours. Racism is being lumped in if the conversation is 'well same old TPTB, they don't care about any of their leads, I knew it'. As far as I know, there's never been a situation like this on the show, unless there's been some other black lead I've missed, so it's not same old same old. There's nothing Rachel could have done to prepare for this, maybe she did check out a couple episodes of unreal, but seeing it in an abstract sense and being confronted with it IRL isn't the same thing.

No there was never a situation like this because she is the first black lead but it was made pretty clear, in my opinion, that race was going to play a factor in her season. It was addressed on her HTD on Nick's season and the question came up during a lot of the media she did prior to the start of filming for her season. Should she have known they would cast a racist - probably not because yeah, you always like to hope people won't stoop that low. Even sleazy entertainment producers. But I will say there were many on other boards dreading the fact that race was obviously going to play a factor because knowing how low the producers could go, the thought of that made them very nervous.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11

+77
Aria
MVMom39forever
kraft33
stuckinsc
Nibbles22
sfrank
Bookworm85
Stacia620
Miyala
Rolly
alwaystulips