SELECT CONTENT

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

Page 29 of 50 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 39 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4 - Page 29 Empty Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

Post by Alanna Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:25 pm

Yeah she's smart but I think she's totally intoxicated with how he treats her and how he knows exactly what to do with her. For his part, I think he likes her a lot but would be the same with any lead regardless if it was Rachel, Jojo, Kaitlyn, Ashley, or Mary Sue. IMO.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4 - Page 29 Empty Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

Post by Sprite Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Seabear wrote:Agree to disagree!! Smiley  Smiley  I will add the edit as done Bryan no favors by cutting out all the (obvious IMO but I see through the edit) substantive conversations and RL discussions that have occurred between Bryan and Rachel. The edit has chosen to make Bryan very one dimensional...the physical/kissing guy and IMO he is a multi dimensional man who has lots to offer and an ideal match for Rachel.

I also think Rachel is a very smart woman and she knows the real Bryan and she clearly loves him IMO. So I trust that he is the man I see.
JMO

I agree, but this isn't any big news. We were having this same conversation last season about how Vanessa was being portrayed. It seems to happen every season, but particularly when the lead zeros in on a contestant right from the start. One dimensional portrayals is nothing new. I don't see any of the other cast getting a much more in depth portrayal either. Poor Matt and Adam barely said two word until the episode they were kicked to the curb and obviously Rachel had spoken with them as she seemed unnaturally upset to send them home when compared to how much we saw of them. Rachel and Bryan are just going to have to deal with it like all other previous lead have before her.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:30 pm

I don't think Bryan would be the same with a different lead. Chemistry is either there or it's not and IMO it's undeniable with Rach and Bryan.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:40 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:I don't think Bryan would be the same with a different lead. Chemistry is either there or it's not and IMO it's undeniable with Rach and Bryan.

I agree about the chemistry being there or not, but it's not like other people haven't played along even though they weren't feeling it just to stay for the travel and the opportunities. I could see Brian doing that quite well.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by everglow Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:43 pm

A friendship that is true and wholesome IMO. Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4 - Page 29 1f60d

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4 - Page 29 20066537_153343881883220_1604795473380507648_n
thereal_billyg Whose tuning in for hometowns tonight? My journey may have stopped short but there's still four amazing guys in the running for Rachel's heart! And while I got love for all four it only feels right to give a little extra shoutout to my fellow miamian as he shows rachel how we do!
Source

"so if you love someone, you should let them know / oh the light that you give me will everglow" ✨
everglow
everglow

Female Posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:44 pm

I don't go on SM so I haven't been seeing all of the harshness towards Bryan nor the deification of St PeDUR. I believe, in general, that when a contestant is edited to be more of a blank slate (like Peter IMO), it is easier for the viewer to project qualities onto him. If they edit him to be vague, bland, and overall non-offensive, viewers can fill in the blanks and create the character that they wish to see. I've been guilty of doing this many times myself. (As was the theme of Fargo Season 3: It is no longer Seeing is Believing, rather Believing is Seeing). So, if PeDUR is being anointed on SM, this may be one reason why. IMO.

My other theory is that the "He got robbed" mentality is at play. As in, PeDUR was the first spoiled F1, the fanbase grew based on that, and now that the F1 status has been "revoked", he is the poor victim of Bryan's evil ways. If the second spoiler IS true and Bryan IS F1, PeDUR NEVER was F1 and he didn't get anything stolen away from him. But, I think because the first spoiler was out there, it sets up a certain mentality in some people's attitude towards the 2 men. JMO.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:04 pm

I've only seen the hateful comments on Bryan and Rachel YouTube clips and the whole mentality is definitely "Peter is better." I don't think all Bryan doubters are Peter stans but I do see a good chunk of them feeling threatened by this relationship and even attacking Rachel because of it. Hopefully it will die down when the season ends. If anything Rachel doesn't deserve it.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by LynnTa Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:04 pm

Well said @MiaHawk! clapping!
IA

LynnTa

Back to top Go down

Post by kerriway Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:14 pm

There have been certain contestants that came on the show hoping for a particular lead, but I think all of them know there's a chance it could be someone else. I recall Chris Siegfried wanting Des and luckily she was the lead. And we all know the cast was pretty divided when the guys picked Kaitlyn over Britt.

All this tells me most contestants to just enter the general bach/'ette pool as a calculated risk.

They announced Rachel's identity before Nick's season ended, probably to get a larger pool who'd be interested in a WOC lead. Is this a season of firsts for that reason? I do wonder if the majority of the guys came specifically for Rachel. Did Bryan come for Rachel, arguably I think we could guess that TOG, Dean, Wahboom, & Blake E were probably always going to be on the show no matter the lead.

If I could truly embrace mediocrity, I wouldn't have to make any decisions because fear would make all my decisions for me. ~Nurberxo
kerriway
kerriway

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:36 pm

I think players are players because they feel chemistry with literally every woman. I don't think it's malicious, they just love women and I think Bryan just falls into that category. Nothing malicious, just in love with wooing women. IMO.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:37 pm

BlackHalo wrote:I've only seen the hateful comments on Bryan and Rachel YouTube clips and the whole mentality is definitely "Peter is better." I don't think all Bryan doubters are Peter stans but I do see a good chunk of them feeling threatened by this relationship and even attacking Rachel because of it. Hopefully it will die down when the season ends. If anything Rachel doesn't deserve it.

Happens every season and none of them deserve it. They are picking who is right for them, not me. There are always nutters out there on SM. Just today I saw a vile comment on Nick's IG post for Vanessa's charity from a fan of one of the other F4. Move on people.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:06 pm

likeashipblown wrote:
Aria wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen a contestant stereotyped based on age, ethnicity, and city of origin as much as Bryan has been. Especially when the evidence doesn't really seem to support it, considering he was in a 4-year-relationship and no one has gone to RS and tabloids about the sordid past of the spoiled winner. IMO.
'

IMO? Umm, yes. All of this. So much this. And sadly, it's been a reminder that good people, who would never consider themselves racist, ageist, elitist, people who stereotype, and all else.. don't grasp just how deep systemic and/or inherent racism, ageism, stereotypes, and prejudice really are embedded and entrenched in how they form their perceptions and then what leaves their mouths/keyboards. Because... Oh, dear. I don't think 98% of peeps even realize it when they do it, so I'm not throwing shade AT ALL. But, it is a thing this season. That's a sensitive topic, though, so I'll stop there.

I love that she very seriously glows when she even hears Bryan's name. She's doing a terrible job, imo, of concealing who her F1 is. She's radiating happiness and it makes me so happy for her.

:claphands :claphands :claphands

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 50 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 39 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

+82
luv2laugh
twinkle73
whit90
Maddy
gurlbrit