Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@outlook.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

Page 5 of 50 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

Post by sfrank on Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 am

I'll make one finally point on his not a real doctor slap - yes he's not MD but he's legally allowed to call himself similarly to other non-medical "doctors" in other allied health care professions like optometry, podiatry, dentistry and psychology. Chiropractors usually have the academic degree of "Doctor of Chiropractic", which is awarded after an average of 8 years of university training.

You know who else calls themselve a "doctor" on their official medical site? Dr. Ashley Herbert Rosenbaum.
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry on Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:13 am

@sfrank I have no issue with anyone calling themselves dr in his profession. I just think society maybe views dentists as a little more respectable whereas chiropractors are sometimes the butt of a joke (ie Kimmel joking about Bryan being a fake dr). I don't understand it but I don't know much about the field or why they're controversial.
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu on Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:20 am

sfrank wrote:I'll make one finally point on his not a real doctor slap - yes he's not MD but he's legally allowed to call himself similarly to other non-medical "doctors" in other allied health care professions like optometry, podiatry, dentistry and psychology. Chiropractors usually have the academic degree of "Doctor of Chiropractic", which is awarded after an average of 8 years of university training.

You know who else calls themselve a "doctor" on their official medical site? Dr. Ashley Herbert Rosenbaum.
I love my chiropractor but there's a huge difference IMO between a dentist and a chiropractor....anyone who is authorized to perform surgery of any kind should be addressed as Dr.
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel on Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:24 am

Anyone who has 8 years of university and knows every bone in my body IMO should be called Doctor whether they perform surgery or not. They are allowed to use that title and IMo rightly so. They are Doctor of Chiropractic. There's a difference between a dentist, an MD, doctor of psychiatry, (who doesn't perform surgery) his just so happen to be chiropractor.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Have a nice life" . Gord Downie #TheHip

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 43145

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler on Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:27 am

I am not sure how it works in America but where I am from anyone with a doctorate degree can refer to themselves as the title "Dr." . Professors, scientist, philosophers, medical personnels and so on are commonly referred to as doctors.

Doctor is an academic title that originates from the Latin word of the same spelling and meaning.This use spread around the world with European universities. Contracted "Dr" or "Dr.", it is used as a designation for a person who has obtained a research doctorate (e.g. PhD). In many parts of the world it is also used by medical practitioners, regardless of whether or not they hold a doctoral-level degree.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_(title)
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover on Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:45 am

Agree on your entire post, @Dessler.

It is obvious to me from his IG that he is a mommy's boy. He LOVES his mom. However, I am not going to make presumptions about his mother without seeing any footage. And even after, I am not gonna judge a non-contestant based on whatever edit the production is going to give them. Like, even Dean's dad, I kinda already feel bad for him seeing comments making fun of him on SM and the like. And I can already tell people are going to judge him for being a bad father or whatever when in fact, none of us knows exactly know what happened there... But this is just me when it involves family members. Others are free to do whatever.

I would actually love to watch the Player if anyone has online links to it. TYIA. giggling It's the kind of "ratchet TV" I like. And I want to see baby Bryan and see how much game he had/ didn't have. Was he charming/smooth/awkward/shy? Did he get rejected ala Jack Stone? It's all so very curious and entertaining to me. I personally won't judge him being on a reality TV show while watching another reality TV show. Is it the perception that the Bachelor franchise is a higher class show to the Player?    And you know what, if Rachel really did pick him, I can see them watching the show together for laughs. I would do it if I knew my boyfriend went on reality TV donkey years ago.

Actually, it's good that Bryan seems to have a thick-skin, because even posting a recent photo of him and Will, people were going crazy in the IG comments about HOW DARE HE WEAR THAT WATCH NOW AND SPOIL THE SHOW??!?? rofl When in fact, he has been wearing it since filming ended and they have just noticed it now and were so offended by it. It's very amusing.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by havadrpepper on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:22 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Anyone who has 8 years of university and knows every bone in my body IMO should be called Doctor whether they perform surgery or not. They are allowed to use that title and IMo rightly so. They are Doctor of Chiropractic. There's a difference between a dentist, an MD, doctor of psychiatry, (who doesn't perform surgery) his just so happen to be chiropractor.

Agreed!

And to take it a step further, I have a cousin that can use the designation "Dr".... He has a Doctorate in Art. His partner has a Doctorate in Math and is also called "Dr".

IMO, the letters behind the name (MD, DDS, DC, DO etc) show what type of doctor they really are. When it comes down to it, my "doctor" isn't even a doctor. She is a "PA" and knows just as much as the MD's in the office!

havadrpepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:27 pm

Not to start anything, but my DIL calls herself "Dr." She has a PhD which she acquired after five years of study and a thesis, and after earning her Bachelor's and Master's degrees. I think she's entitled!! JMHO.
Newto

Female Posts : 6895

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:31 pm

I didn't know chiropractors were so controversial until Bryan came around laugh out loud
ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:31 pm

Does he still sell the tea? The link is not in his bio.

It doesn't matter what I think of him, it's what Rachel sees in him that matters. She seems to be very happy now and that's why I want to root for her and Bryan. Also, I think he seems pretty low key in a group setting, staying out of house drama is a big plus to me. Jmo.

No one knows how long they will last, but Bryan's willingness to move makes me hopeful.
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:34 pm

LOL my son-in-law's father was so consumed with being called "Doctor" (he is a college professor) that he was adamant with seeing the wedding invitations prior to be sent out. Ok. Whatever turns ya on.

My doctor asked me: "Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness?" My answer:"No they all enjoy it immensely."

" Let's all take a moment and put our petty Team This and Team That aside and remember when all is said and done we should be Team BBF first.   group hug 
Life really is too short. This is a show. " - Kasha 
 sweet kiss
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 29053

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:34 pm

I always got a chuckle, back in the day when checks were more common, when people would put Dr. so and so on their checks, when their doctorate was a non-MD or DMD/DDS. They are entitled but I always felt that was carrying it a bit too far.

30 years ago I did quite a bit of business in Italy in the medical field and surgeons were addressed as Mr. and anyone with a university degree could be called Dr. Just a bit of history.
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 50 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum