SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3

Page 1 of 54 1, 2, 3 ... 27 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3 Empty Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:47 am

No mention of any other contestant is allowed in this discussion thread.

Previous thread here

mprssdbyu wrote:
Jane781 wrote:I wouldn't say doing two podcasts of people he knows and is at least somewhat friendly with qualifies as keeps on agreeing to podcasts and interviews. The one we only have picitures of was a panel and prob was a lot more general questions about reality tv.

Also, regarding his businesses, he mentioned it in both podcasts, but I wouldn't say he dwelled on it or that that was the reason he did them. I mean he hasn't even hardly promoted the products on his own socials since the launch other than tagging it in some insta photos. I would hardly call that desperate sales attempts. I don't think we know enough about the business to judge whether it's successful or not. We have no idea who put what into it, or what they need to make to consider it a success.

I have a hard time trying to reconcile people's claims that Nick's desperate to be famous and remain in the spotlight with how far he's stepped back from it. I think he wants to keep doors open and will pursue things that he is interested in if they come along, but he will also willingly pass up things. He may enjoy the spotlight, but IMO his actions clearly show that that fame/attention alone are not his priority.

I agree that Nick is a different bird. You either like it or you don't.
You know I would question how little advertising he does and wonder how successful his business venture could be with so little advertising. But Nick has a lot of connections through modeling, his business partners, etc.  I often see Michael Jordan in pics with at least one of his partners. When he says it's on back order, it's not falling apart just yet. I'll have to leave the business model up to Nick and hope it continues to do well.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3

Post by Jane781 Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:50 am

I have a feeling they have some other stuff going on with the business rather than just the monthly orders through the site. I could be wrong, but some of the things Nick has said, particularly in the interview with Mills and Julia Cunningham when they were discussing Shark Tank, has led me to believe that. Also, we have no idea what the overhead is, etc. So, I just think it's hard to say how successful or not it is at this point. Even if things were going poorly, I don't think they'd be giving up yet at this point. So to me, if it needed it, particularly in these beginning stages, Nick would be doing more advertising.

Jane781

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3

Post by umngirl Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:01 pm

The products are way overpriced. That's his first problem. His missing the target market completely at those prices IMO.

Also, I've seen elsewhere that people signed up for their email list and haven't received a single email since February. Now I refuse to join email lists but maybe others can confirm. If it's true, that's not a good look either.

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3 87b72b10 Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3 86669110 Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane781 Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:22 pm

Just curious how we know his target market though? Maybe it's not his followers since he's not really promoting it to them outside of the initial video? I don't know, but obviously they know that those prices price out a ton of people and they still priced them at that, so IMO they did that knowingly. For all we know, Nick doesn't even have any money invested in this. His business partners appear to be very wealthy. I assume the majority of the money went to reverse engineering the other products. Now that they've done that, I'm not sure their expenses will be huge going forward.

I'm not on the email list, so I can't speak to that. The website is definitely scarce. But again, all of that leads me to believe they have other stuff going on besides what we see.

Jane781

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:56 pm

It leads me to believe that he probably has nothing else going on. Props to Vanessa though. JMO.

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane781 Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:06 pm

So, you believe he put months into a business and is now just sitting on his hands letting it fail? We obviously have very different opinions of Nick, but if I've seen anything from Nick over the years, he is determined and works hard for the things he wants.

Jane781

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:42 pm

Jane781 wrote:So, you believe he put months into a business and is now just sitting on his hands letting it fail? We obviously have very different opinions of Nick, but if I've seen anything from Nick over the years, he is determined and works hard for the things he wants.

I couldn't agree more!  :yes: Nick's excellent work ethic has been one of the things I have loved since the start. It was the one thing most of them on the DWTS set kept saying about him both publicly and BTS (There are insider sources on a DWTS forum who quoted it). Whatever happens with PG, I am not ready to believe that Nick is just sitting on the sidelines waiting for it to go up in flames.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:41 pm

Alright... I like Nick and always have.

But excellent work ethic? From a guy that quit his job to... idk what really, start some business that doesn't seem to be going anywhere and reality show hopping out in LA? laugh out loud I'll give you he's persistent in following his dreams... but excellent work ethic? Hmmm... if that were the case he'd have skipped out on a show or 3 to continue climbing the ranks at Salesforce in Chicago or whatever. JMO.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:57 pm

sosleepy wrote:Alright... I like Nick and always have.

But excellent work ethic? From a guy that quit his job to... idk what really, start some business that doesn't seem to be going anywhere and reality show hopping out in LA? laugh out loud I'll give you he's persistent in following his dreams... but excellent work ethic? Hmmm... if that were the case he'd have skipped out on a show or 3 to continue climbing the ranks at Salesforce in Chicago or whatever. JMO.

I respect your opinion but I disagree. For me, excellent work ethic is not about succeeding in whatever you do or climbing the career ladder but giving your everything to what you are doing presently. One of my friends/co-workers quit his job and stated a game startup 3 years back which failed. Last year, he came back and took up his old position again. In those 2 years, I have seen him give his everything to make it a success and for me that spoke of his work ethic. Our manager held the same beliefs and pulled some strings to get him his old position with no interview process.

Nick's HS coach has given interviews talking about his work ethic. Nick's old manager at Salesforce said the job was open to him whenever he chose to come back. DWTS cast and crew spoke about how hard he worked and left comments on his SM saying that during his elimination. So many different people from different time periods in his life have the same thing to say and for me that speaks of his excellent work ethic. Smiley

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:11 pm

coolangel wrote:
sosleepy wrote:Alright... I like Nick and always have.

I respect your opinion but I disagree. For me, excellent work ethic is not about succeeding in whatever you do or climbing the career ladder but giving your everything to what you are doing presently. One of my friends/co-workers quit his job and stated a game startup 3 years back which failed. Last year, he came back and took up his old position again. In those 2 years, I have seen him give his everything to make it a success and for me that spoke of his work ethic. Our manager held the same beliefs and pulled some strings to get him his old position with no interview process.  

Nick's HS coach has given interviews talking about his work ethic. Nick's old manager at Salesforce said the job was open to him whenever he chose to come back. DWTS cast and crew spoke about how hard he worked and left comments on his SM saying that during his elimination. So many different people from different time periods in his life have the same thing to say and for me that speaks of his excellent work ethic. Smiley

All JMO

Absolutely agree. There are lots of non-traditional ways a person can express good work eithic without the traditional climbing the work ladder, obvious example. Regarding Nick specifically, I just highly doubt this little business is really anything very serious to him. I don't see him bleeding his heart and soul into it, something that would signify good work ethic. Rather to me, it seems like a little side project to keep him somewhat busy because he's honestly kind of lost. Serious mid life crisis. He hit the big time with Bachelor and DWTS. He's almost 40... and that's kinda old to break it into Hollywood for real. And basically no one does, or with few exceptions, from this franchise (or any reality tv) anyway. So... like now what? Fake business time. **IMO** Helps his image a bit. He doesn't know who he is or where he's going, basically. That's how I see Nick.

Not knocking him either. I LIKE him. **IMO**He's just neck high in this franchise curse of fame and attention seeking and finding it difficult to transition back to real world. He is most definitely NOT the first to fall in this trap. But **IMO** he's perhaps one of the worse to get in over their head ... and it's hard to extricate yourself.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:17 pm

@sosleepy Agree with both posts. Now Vanessa seems to be working hard at her charity and kudos to her. I wondered if she'd abandon it but glad she proved me wrong.

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:48 pm

sosleepy wrote:
Absolutely agree. There are lots of non-traditional ways a person can express good work eithic without the traditional climbing the work ladder, obvious example. Regarding Nick specifically, I just highly doubt this little business is really anything very serious to him. I don't see him bleeding his heart and soul into it, something that would signify good work ethic. Rather to me, it seems like a little side project to keep him somewhat busy because he's honestly kind of lost. Serious mid life crisis. He hit the big time with Bachelor and DWTS. He's almost 40... and that's kinda old to break it into Hollywood for real. And basically no one does, or with few exceptions, from this franchise (or any reality tv) anyway. So... like now what? Fake business time. **IMO** Helps his image a bit. He doesn't know who he is or where he's going, basically. That's how I see Nick.

Not knocking him either. I LIKE him. **IMO** He's just neck high in this franchise curse of fame and attention seeking and finding it difficult to transition back to real world. He is most definitely NOT the first to fall in this trap. But **IMO** he's perhaps one of the worse to get in over their head ... and it's hard to extricate yourself.

Good Post I agree
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 54 1, 2, 3 ... 27 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3

+86
TrishB
Rachelsseason
Miyala
timfan
kerriway