SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FAN Forum - Discussion #25

Page 25 of 79 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 52 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vegas - Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FAN Forum - Discussion #25 - Page 25 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FAN Forum - Discussion #25

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:21 pm

notarose wrote:snipped
Leading up to the fundraiser Vanessa posted a vid taken from the street.  It was of an old Italian tradition where the doorway of the family of the bride is decorated and the bride, bridesmaids (2) and parents then exited. Other guests (bride's relatives perhaps) were waiting in the front yard where a musician was playing. A stretch limo was blocking the street. In that tradition, the bride-to-be spends the night before the nuptials at her parents' home. (Google is great giggling). 

snipped.

This is very accurate speaking for Italian traditions. Even if the couple are living together, they each go to their respective parents home the night before. The morning of the wedding, the bridal party goes to the parents homes, ( some of them sleep over.) They get their hair/makeup done then back at the house for getting dressed and pictures. Groomsmen to the grooms parents home and bridesmaids to the bride's home. Lots of food is available, pictures are taken of the bride/parents/bridesmaids/groomsmen etc. There are usually white balloons and decorative silk or white fabric surrounding the doorway, outside the brides parents home. They all meet up at the church but the groom does not see his bride until she walks down the aisle.

I can very well see Vanessa following this tradition.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Vegas - Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FAN Forum - Discussion #25 - Page 25 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FAN Forum - Discussion #25

Post by notarose Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:32 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
notarose wrote:snipped
Leading up to the fundraiser Vanessa posted a vid taken from the street.  It was of an old Italian tradition where the doorway of the family of the bride is decorated and the bride, bridesmaids (2) and parents then exited. Other guests (bride's relatives perhaps) were waiting in the front yard where a musician was playing. A stretch limo was blocking the street. In that tradition, the bride-to-be spends the night before the nuptials at her parents' home. (Google is great giggling). 

snipped.

This is very accurate speaking for Italian traditions. Even if the couple are living together, they each go to their respective parents home the night before. The morning of the wedding, the bridal party goes to the parents homes, ( some of them sleep over.) They get their hair/makeup done then back at the house for getting dressed and pictures. Groomsmen to the grooms parents home and bridesmaids to the bride's home. Lots of food is available, pictures are taken of the bride/parents/bridesmaids/groomsmen etc. There are usually white balloons and decorative silk or white fabric surrounding the doorway, outside the brides parents home. They all meet up at the church but the groom does not see his bride until she walks down the aisle.

I can very well see Vanessa following this tradition.

:yes: In the vid there were white balloons and silk. 
It was fun reading about traditions. Another I found interesting was some brides do not see themselves in their wedding dress on the day of the wedding.  It is believed "lucky" for the groom to see her before she sees herself. All mirrors are covered in the house while she gets ready. Also, Sunday is considered a good fortune day for a wedding.
Customs appear to vary depending on the Italian region.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:37 pm

I did not see that vid, is it still around?

Another tradition is the mother of the bride, maybe close aunt or godmother are the only ones that actually see the dress. They will go shopping with her, once it's purchased and brought home, no one else see's it until the wedding day.

I think they get married on Sunday's in Italy? I could be wrong.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:45 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I did not see that vid, is it still around?

Another tradition is the mother of the bride, maybe close aunt or godmother are the only ones that actually see the dress. They will go shopping with her, once it's purchased and brought home, no one else see's it until the wedding day.

I think they get married on Sunday's in Italy? I could be wrong.

The vid was either snapchat or insta so it expired. I don't know how to save vid so I don't have it. I haven't seen it saved by any of the fan galleries on IG likely because she doesn't appear in it.  A shame as I found it interesting. 

Fun fact: V's lineage is Reggio Calabria.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy1295 Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:59 pm

mindless wrote:"Still has no wedding plans yet"? Calm down, people, they've only been public for 4 months. laugh out loud

I thought it was cute how Nick laughed at something V said at the end of Ashley's IG story. They seem happy!

I think he was laughing at her lack of ping pong knowledge.

She didn't know she had to serve again after they got a point. giggling
chrissy1295
chrissy1295

Female Posts : 436

Back to top Go down

Vegas - Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FAN Forum - Discussion #25 - Page 25 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #25

Post by Skates Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:01 pm

ElonM wrote:So happy these two are enjoying their engagement.
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/nick-viall-says-wedding-planning-is-still-on-hold-w494734
‘Bachelor’ Alum Nick Viall Says Wedding Planning Is Still on Hold: ‘It’s Always Important to Take Things Slow’

-  IMO  -   The source being an unknown who is making uncalled for judgments...great journalism for the new century...I wonder how much these things have anything to do with TPTB...since US Magazine is one of their Publicity Media...smh...

" However, once the show ended, their relationship faced a few issues. Grimaldi relocated to Los Angeles to be near Viall, who immediately started his stint on Dancing With the Stars and spent tons of time rehearsing. A source told Us last month that they fight often. “It’s not a solid relationship, and it won’t last,” the insider said. "
Skates
Skates

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:02 pm

I wondered what part of Italy her family was from. Calabria is way south in the boot. They make the best sopressata. Cured salami.

My brother in law is Calabrese. You are guaranteed to have some sopressata with your antipasto!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:29 pm

Skates wrote:
ElonM wrote:So happy these two are enjoying their engagement.
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/nick-viall-says-wedding-planning-is-still-on-hold-w494734
‘Bachelor’ Alum Nick Viall Says Wedding Planning Is Still on Hold: ‘It’s Always Important to Take Things Slow’

-  IMO  -   The source being an unknown who is making uncalled for judgments...great journalism for the new century...I wonder how much these things have anything to do with TPTB...since US Magazine is one of their Publicity Media...smh...

" However, once the show ended, their relationship faced a few issues. Grimaldi relocated to Los Angeles to be near Viall, who immediately started his stint on Dancing With the Stars and spent tons of time rehearsing. A source told Us last month that they fight often. “It’s not a solid relationship, and it won’t last,” the insider said. "
only direct quotes from Thursday, July 27

"Nothing has changed,” Viall exclusively tells Us. “I think it’s always important to take things slow

"She spent a lot of time on her fundraiser, No Better You, and she raised a ton of money on her event in Montreal,” Viall says. “That definitely took up a ton of her time. I tried to help when I could. Just trying to enjoy the summer.” 

. “I think something simple,” she tells Us  (dress question)
Notice how their answers are ambiguous and that more than 1/2 of what Nick said was about the foundation. giggling Also notice that the rag mag said V wouldn't want a designer dress BUT V only said it would be simply, not confirming or denying if it would be designer. This is typical of how rag mags veer from actual fact. 
All the other things in the article reference old news which is rehashed.  To the credit of the rag mag, it does say things like "last month" so I'll give them that. Writers are often paid by # of words or range category so...
Looks like the interview yesterday was under a minute. 

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:49 pm

coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by cookielover12 Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:37 pm

Vanessa just posted on IG story of her passport/Visa? Does anyone know where they might be going?
cookielover12
cookielover12

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy1295 Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:44 pm

cookielover12 wrote:Vanessa just posted on IG story of her passport/Visa? Does anyone know where they might be going?

Vanessa is guest presenting for the Just for Laughs closing night gala in Montreal on the 31st.
Looks like it's going to be a short trip since I assume she will be hosting the next freeSTYLE show on aug 3rd, so not sure if Nick went with her
chrissy1295
chrissy1295

Female Posts : 436

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:30 pm

@coolangel
Didn't notice until the Getty pics - Vanessa's belt matches Nick's shoes. giggling
I think they are both reddish brown but the filter intensifies the hue so it's easier to see the match.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 79 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 52 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - FAN Forum - Discussion #25

+50
George1218
joie irene
OnePromise
ukglasgowkiiss
LoveDovez