SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 67 of 75 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 71 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

thebacheloretteabc - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 67 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by pavalygurl Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:55 am

Nativenewyorker wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:I really don't get that Peter doesn't like Rachel.  It's been said he's a bad actor.  If so, many of the pictures I've seen and many of the moments I have seen on screen beg to differ.  IMO he likes her.  He said he's falling in love with her.  The time frame on the show was too fast for him.  To me, that doesn't make him conniving or calculated.  It makes him someone who isn't ready to commit in 8 weeks or so...not the devil.   Does Rachel deserve to be denigrated because she had doubts when she was F2...was she doing it for the wrong reasons?  I don't think so.  I have not heard or read anything that makes me think Peter did either.  We all have differing opinions.  We all evaluate things differently.  Neither is right or wrong.  Rachel wants to be engaged.  Bryan offers that.  Rachel loves him I think.  win-win.  Peter will survive.

pavalygurl,

I am with you all the way! I want to be clear in saying that I have no favorite this season. I am neutral with both Peter and Bryan. I have been trying to figure out Peter as I have watched this season play out. I thought that Rachel liked him from the beginning. I also thought that he liked her. I have not seen Peter as calculating or conniving or manipulating or any of the things that have been said about him. Like he had this whole plan to keep Rachel off balance and control the situation and just give her enough to keep her hanging on. But she is the one who kept him on the show! We have seen contestants who can't commit and profess their love for the lead. They usually wind up getting sent home. But in this instance, Peter stayed on the show. I thought that after his hometown date he might possibly go home. I think at one point after Rachel left, he even said as much. But he's still there! I have to believe that Rachel found him attractive and appealing to keep him on this long. There are contestants who have had issues with committing and felt nervous or skittish about it. Knowing the premise of the show beforehand doesn't mean that once you are in the situation, that you won't have problems.

This is not the first time that someone has been reluctant. I don't think Graham is a good example because he just wasn't that into Deanna. He made it obvious with his body language. I also don't think Brooks is a good example either. I sensed that he also wasn't that into Des. I didn't understand why he stayed on the show so long. So I don't think that the guys who left are necessarily stand up guys who deserve admiration for how they behaved. I will say that I didn't get the same sense with Peter as I did with Graham and Brooks.

I will say that there were times when Peter did seem kind of aloof and unemotional and that's why he has been a bit of an enigma to me. But I just have not seen this deliberate attempt to manipulate Rachel or play her in some way. I do think we can form our own opinions and will see things differently. But I think Rachel ultimately got what she wanted out of this. She found Bryan. It took me longer to see it with them, but that's because I didn't watch all of the early episodes and also because I was maybe concentrating too much on Peter. But I did see the intense connection with Rachel and Bryan. There is no denying it. So they will be together and Rachel gets her happy ending. She found the right man for her.

I also agree that Peter will definitely survive.

:gotcha:

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

thebacheloretteabc - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 67 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by makeover Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:06 am

From what I have noticed, Peter likes to be in the power position in the relationship, at least with Rachel.

Examples:
1. In one of their group date 1-on-1, he told her he may not seek her out but he appreciates when she seeks him out. I thought that's a weird thing to say and he is indirectly telling her that it's her job to seek him out if she wants any time with him, even though she is the Bachelorette.

2. After she asked him to kiss her, and only after she leaned into the kiss first, he replied "I was gonna lean into you, but you leaned into me first". Another weird thing to say... if he had the intention of leaning into her, why didn't he just do it without hesitation, especially after she asked to be kissed.

3. When he told her he was falling in love with her and she said it back, his response was "Yeah, I had a feeling" like it's a given that she would fall for him.

4. Telling her he was thinking of leaving because he's not getting enough validation but not actually doing it.

These are just subtle things he does to get the upper hand IMO. He may not even realise he's doing them, but I can spot them a mile away. JMO.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:52 am

thebacheloretteabc - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 67 Peter-shopping-for-baby-clothes

thebacheloretteabc - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 67 Peters-speech-about-Rachel

thebacheloretteabc - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 67 Rachel-and-Copper

thebacheloretteabc - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 67 Peter-killed-it-on-the-family-date
Source: Giphy
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by djogbenyuie Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:02 am

That last GiF :shocked!:
Just like when she was reaching for their first kiss.
Sorry but I don't buy that he was falling for her.
Nothing wrong with that but it's just sad when viewers (including some bach nation people) say they are having true love and Rachel will screw up because of engagement issue.
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:40 am

sparkler wrote:But what if he doesn't want a woman, fiance, or girlfriend? Why would that make him a bad person? Bryan is not being criticized for being 37 and single, so why must Peter want a woman in order to be a good person? I ask this in all seriousness. How do we extrapolate Peter is a bad person and doesn't want a relationship because of what we saw on Rachel's season? Or if he is in a relationship it is only for his personal profit? I don't see someone like that at all in Peter.

It's absolutely fine if he doesn't want a woman, fiance or a girlfriend. It doesn't make him a bad person. He can be that on any reality show other than bachelor, which is about trying to find a romantic connection with the lead. If he however takes part of this show, especially if he takes the lead role, it'll be all speed dating, and wanting to be in a relationship, preferably engaged by the end of it. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:02 am

djogbenyuie wrote:That last GiF :shocked!:

Nothing wrong with that but it's just sad when viewers (including some bach nation people) say they are having true love and Rachel will screw up because of engagement issue.

agree.
this is exactly what he did ALL SEASON.
this guy was never into her. that is my conclusion from day1.
as a woman, seeing this makes me cringe SO much . oh dear
a kiss............ she asked for a kiss goodbye and he still stand away from her waiting for her to make a move??????? gezzzzzzzzzzzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:23 am

HEA wrote:

agree.
a kiss............ she asked for a kiss goodbye and he still stand away from her waiting for her to make a move??????? gezzzzzzzzzzzz

Exactly. That last GIF sums it up. It looks like he is stealing himself to deal with tasting some really bad horrible medicine. Ok...Lets get this over with already. On the count of 3. no no When you see faces like that how can you possibly believe that man is in in love or like with that woman. JMO

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:36 am

And I see a man who's holding back tears. Reminds me of my boyfriend when we still lived far away from each other and had to say a lot of goodbyes at the airport. Maybe it's just the grey hair though.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by kerriway Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:39 am

@makeover @djogbenyuie

I couldn't agree with you two more. Thanks for the list @makeover. The last gift shows exactly what we've been talking about.

It's sad but Peter has chosen the perfect excuse. He's not into Rachel but is garnering a lot of sympathy with this proposal excuse. Casual viewers and even long time Bach fans are buying it. And it's making Rachel look desperate for a ring when the truth is that the only reason she's talking about wanting a proposal so much is because of Peter.

If I could truly embrace mediocrity, I wouldn't have to make any decisions because fear would make all my decisions for me. ~Nurberxo
kerriway
kerriway

Back to top Go down

Post by kerriway Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:42 am

Kashathediva wrote:
HEA wrote:

agree.

Exactly. That last GIF sums it up. It looks like he is stealing himself to deal with tasting some really bad horrible medicine. Ok...Lets get this over with already. On the count of 3. no no When you see faces like that how can you possibly believe that man is in in love or like with that woman. JMO

I said the same thing. He was clenching his jaw or pursing his face before the peck. It's like she has bad breath or something. I'm trying to be even-keeled but I can't help but think it almost borders on repulsion.

If I could truly embrace mediocrity, I wouldn't have to make any decisions because fear would make all my decisions for me. ~Nurberxo
kerriway
kerriway

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:49 am

makeover wrote:From what I have noticed, Peter likes to be in the power position in the relationship, at least with Rachel.

Examples:
1. In one of their group date 1-on-1, he told her he may not seek her out but he appreciates when she seeks him out. I thought that's a weird thing to say and he is indirectly telling her that it's her job to seek him out if she wants any time with him, even though she is the Bachelorette.

2. After she asked him to kiss her, and only after she leaned into the kiss first, he replied "I was gonna lean into you, but you leaned into me first". Another weird thing to say... if he had the intention of leaning into her, why didn't he just do it without hesitation, especially after she asked to be kissed.

3. When he told her he was falling in love with her and she said it back, his response was "Yeah, I had a feeling" like it's a given that she would fall for him.

4. Telling her he was thinking of leaving because he's not getting enough validation but not actually doing it.

These are just subtle things he does to get the upper hand IMO. He may not even realise he's doing them, but I can spot them a mile away. JMO.

I will add to that. The last epi in the vineyards, not a great choice to wear on a windy day.

What? Shouldn't it be what a great choice to wear on a windy day???

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71497

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:00 am

What amazes me is that Frank got virtual stones thrown at him, Brooks got raked through the coals and Graham has forever been side eyed because of not being willing and able to commit. Yet Peter gets a pass and is praised. Its an upside down season. IMO.

Last edited by nd4reality on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 67 of 75 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 71 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+83
Amethyst
summerdayze
pavalygurl
sparkler
Duke702