SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 27 of 59 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 43 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ABC - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 27 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by sfrank Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:31 am

timfan wrote:I think Rachel saying that if Peter had proposed she would have said no I do not believe her I think she would have picked him if he was willing  to propose she is just covering up now so Bryan will not feel the default guy  jmo

Peter told Rachel he would propose for her..she told him not to do it. I think  a lot of people are missing that part. hehehe

The bottom line is that if Rachel wanted Peter she could have had him - its not like he left the show. She choose to end it.
He tried to reach out BEFORE the proposal and she said she had moved on. She's dated "Peters" all her life. She picked Bryan this time. Good for her.

Last edited by sfrank on Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:34 am; edited 2 times in total
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

ABC - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 27 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by stuckinsc Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:32 am

@NCGalBecca join the club. There is a small group of us who never fell for Peter. For me he got less attractive as more of his personality emerged. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by kerriway Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:34 am

I compared Rachel's appearance with Eric to hers with Peter last night and there is a noticeable difference. Her armor was up with Peter and I think "mediocre life", "sacrifice" proposal, and comments Peter made about Bryan gave her reason to have her guard up.

Rachel spoke to Peter in a formal/civil/distant yet polite kind of way, I think she made the effort to do her best in an extremely uncomfortable situation.

I think people just wanted to see the Peter/Rachel connection from the first date again. They wanted to see it on live TV and they wanted her to talk about all the good feelz she had with Peter and how a part of her will always love him so they can further theorize he really was F1.

She's damned if she doesn't/does either way but to her credit, she didn't give them that.

If I could truly embrace mediocrity, I wouldn't have to make any decisions because fear would make all my decisions for me. ~Nurberxo
kerriway
kerriway

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:34 am

sfrank wrote:
timfan wrote:I think Rachel saying that if Peter had proposed she would have said no I do not believe her I think she would have picked him if he was willing  to propose she is just covering up now so Bryan will not feel the default guy  jmo

Peter told Rachel he would propose for her..she told him not to do it. I think  a lot of people are missing that part. hehehe

Exactly! If Rachel was desperate for Peter she could have said yes to his "sacrifice"!

Though, I will not blame editing, Rachel played that drama out just as long as Peter and she did kiss him goodbye. TPTB can't force you to do that. If people are questioning her, it is because she helped give them their doubt.

JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:36 am

NBD IMO, she kissed Matty who barely said 2 words on screen prior !

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:38 am

kerriway wrote:I compared Rachel's appearance with Eric to hers with Peter last night and there is a noticeable difference. Her armor was up with Peter and I think "mediocre life", "sacrifice" proposal, and comments Peter made about Bryan gave her reason to have her guard up.

Rachel spoke to Peter in a formal/civil/distant yet polite kind of way, I think she made the effort to do her best in an extremely uncomfortable situation.

I think people just wanted to see the Peter/Rachel connection from the first date again. They wanted to see it on live TV and they wanted her to talk about all the good feelz she had with Peter and how a part of her will always love him so they can further theorize he really was F1.

She's damned if she doesn't/does either way but to her credit, she didn't give them that.

I agree she also had JUST seen it...perhaps if she had a few minutes to process it, and collected herself the reaction would not have been that visceral. Its like she said, she didn't remember what they said to each other. She saw that mediocre comment and it made her angry. I would be as well especially if she was aware of his SM behavior all season (which I believe that she was).

Last edited by sfrank on Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by jalkire Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:38 am

I think people are just not listening to Rachel

jalkire

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:45 am

Are we sure she just saw the epi? Does she have a blog up today?
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by kerriway Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:45 am

Kashathediva wrote:
nd4reality wrote:I'm wondering if there was a mandate that Rachel 1. take Peter to the finish line and 2. Get two guys to propose.

I don't think so. The reason I say this is CH appeared good spirited with Rachel last night. They got a People cover. They got a nice Spain vacation follow up. This couple got good follow up treatment vs some past couples. I would say production was pleased with Rachel and Bryan. JMO I think Rachel played ball well. Now she is ready to move on.

ITA. Bryan gave the staff chiropractic adjustments, Rachel kept Kaboom and Lee and even let Demario have extra screen time after the producers played her. Demario was good TV. She takes pictures with her handler/producer IIRC and has not said one bad word about the edit, even though they know there's more to the story with both Peter and Bryan.

They like Rachel/Bryan and rightfully so IMO.

If I could truly embrace mediocrity, I wouldn't have to make any decisions because fear would make all my decisions for me. ~Nurberxo
kerriway
kerriway

Back to top Go down

Post by North Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:50 am

FashionLover wrote:I just want all the behind the scenes drama because there is ABSOLUTELY drama after that ATFR. Rachel was out there doing her damn best to make sure peter isn't getting the bach gig but that envelope has basically been signed, sealed and delivered into peter's lap if he wants it . Those two were pretty much still fighting/arguing and it's been three months. Anyone know how I can get in on the 'squad' group texts ? laugh out loud or even peter's group texts? laugh out loud

Me and my nosy self are gonna go to bed now

Can you then forward the texts to me? I need. Badly.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by likeashipblown Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:02 pm

Just throwing out some of my opinions...

I'm really hesitant to judge Rachel or Peter in regards to the ATFR, I am not a Peter fan, but...

Of all the episodes for them not to let Rachel screen alone first? This was dirty.

And then put her out on a stage to answer and speak about it? I thought she did well. She has said repeatedly that she has trouble masking how she's feeling and she kept saying during the show that watching the moments were taking her back to those moments in time and how she felt in them.

There was no turnaround or process time for her between re-living those moments and then having to respond.

It's been my strong belief (because we've seen it multiple times) that when Rachel is anxious or nervous or put on the spot and doesn't have time to process things... Sometimes her responses can be less thoughtful in their filtering, but they're generally honest and true. She needs a good 24 hours to find her zen place, it sort of seems to me. Lol.

I honestly don't think she was some monster to Peter, so I don't get the zomg!outrage, but having said that, she gave so many cues as to what her issues were on that stage, in her interviews, and so on, and I get it and I'm frankly a little baffled that more people don't.

1. He told her if he was truly not going to be ready to propose and he truly felt like he wasn't going to be able to get to that place? He'd leave. I wish that's something the show would have let us see in real time. It's what viewers had been asking about repeatedly. Why doesn't he leave, why doesn't she get rid of him? Because he told her he would leave!!!!! So she didn't take the decision out of his hands and that's on her sure, but that's on being misled by him.  Her frustrations/conversations were woefully out of context in the edit given that piece of information right there.

All of a sudden the narrative for me, at least, is very flipped. I get her frustration and the feeling like maybe she got played. Even watching her response to Eric and how she let him go for Peter, she just seemed off put, not that she wanted Eric, but that he was right, she let him go when some dude was stringing her along. And she had verbal assurances from that guy he'd take himself out if he truly felt like... Yowza.

2. Combine that with the goal of wanting to be The Bachelor information, whether done when he was younger or not... I see how that adds fuel to a situation where someone who has lived this type of relationship before and is totally insecure in the exact ways Peter hit the buttons on, is wondering... Was I played? What was this? Why didn't he leave like he said he would? Then how come...? I get it. That just piles on.

3. Combine those two things with him telling her she'd have a "mediocre" life while going on to like shady comments and fuel SM discord from post-show to ATFR... Oh, sure. Sure.

4. Combine those three things with the fact that his apology didn't seem the most sincere and that she likely was of the belief that Peter was probably the ring leader of the thoughts that Dean had been parroting in his media rounds... Given Dean was full stop saying he's Peter's puppet essentially...

5. Combine all of those things... With the fact that she feels he kept her in a push/pull pattern where he was seemingly disingenuous (I'm not assigning that to him, I'm saying it's clear she probably feels that way), and then he even went to the producers after she got out of that pattern to try to continue what is a terrible cycle of a situation at best, a whole slew of other things at worst, but I'm keeping it cute-ish.. Someone said it yesterday, but what kind of "emotional terrorist" ish is that?

6. Combine all of that with Peter then mentioning being attacked after he'd been attacking Bryan for months with no regard and being an in general hypocrite...

I could keep listing. But, Jesus Take The Wheel. I'm glad she was as chill as she was, tbh. Very seriously.

The real time viewing of this thing combined with all of that and more?!

Dredging alllllll of that up in real time with no chance to see the episode in advance... Lolololol. Judge away, America. I'll be happy to sit back and allow for her to be human.

And lest I seem like a hypocrite. No, I am not. Which is why...

The same way, for the record, I don't like Peter, and I don't even know what he was on about with the whole "attacked" stuff, but like... I don't even NEED to get it. I don't begrudge him those feelings, either, even though I don't agree with them. Because he was sitting on a stage after having just watched those moments and he and Rachel are human beings and these are super vulnerable situations no matter who feels who caused what or did what to whom. Both are entitled to be in their feelings in a moment like that. Period. They're humans NOT ROBOTS.

I didn't need them to serve me some bull.

My point... And this is just me, I can't even remotely begin to fathom a world where I start assigning how she should have behaved or how terrible she is, or how much grace she should have bestowed on Peter, especially when... She didn't really come for him. We've seen her go for the jugular. That was not it. And especially when we have rarely seen someone pull the stuff that was pulled by Peter to the extent that it was pulled, imo. TOLD HER HE WOULD LEAVE. CALLED HER LIFE MEDIOCRE. PLAYED THE VICTIM. SHE GOT OUT AND HE WENT TO THE PRODUCERS TO TRY TO GET BACK IN FRONT OF HER. STIRRED UP DISCORD AFTER THE SHOW. And so on...

Wrapping certain behaviors up in a gorgeous package and selling it as wholesome and Midwestern and all else can be just as emotionally detrimental as the guys that are the villains of the season and in some cases worse but are wearing that on their sleeves, because you can't arm yourself against those people who wrap it up in a package the same way and you don't leave your guard up the same way. And you don't grasp you're being gutted and played the same way until you're gutted and played. That's sort of how Rachel reads to me. And with all of that... She didn't go below the belt.

She said that he might not be wired for The Bachelor and after what I noted above... It was her way of being honest with him that if he was who he said he was and if he was genuine in what he was telling her... Then that was the honest truth.

The only thing that would make her statement wrong was if he say, had been playing her and/or wasn't that in to her, which again, any of that she have triggered his promise to leave if any and all of that was the case, and so... she had every right to throw that small bit of shade.

And I don't think her comment about living her best life was wrong given countless other Bachelorette's have said similar things to past contestants who have thrown shade at their relationships and I could legit quote them but I won't, but Rachel will always have to walk a different and tighter rope for reasons I won't get in to. But, yeah. I don't find her defending her life petty-- especially to someone who said that to her, then went on to fuel so much discord, on top of all the other mess.

I'm definitely going to root hard for Rachel and Bryan.

Just some thoughts on what I witnessed. I'm happy to be in the minority and respect everyone's opinion, but yowza, laugh out loud.

likeashipblown

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:06 pm

@likeashipblown Awesome post!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 59 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 43 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+90
Emilia23_12
lleyki
hb591
USAGold
bigbluebird
Mustang19
mindless
MiaHawk
Shadow
richmondrose
twinkle73