SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Page 12 of 79 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 45 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fitness - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 12 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:02 am

Sometimes Rachel can be her own worst enemy imo. She needs to move on and live her best life with Bryan. Speaking of, where's Bryan? He needs to get there asap! jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Fitness - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 12 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Post by sdmom Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:05 am

Rachel is reunited with Bryan so hopefully she will be occupied and have no time for sm.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:08 am

sdmom wrote:Rachel is reunited with Bryan so hopefully she will be occupied and have no time for sm.  
yes how could she when she has that hot man with her and his four alarm roaring blaze! 

jmo Rach.... but Bryan > twitter
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:23 am

Excellent post as always, Aria. Love your insight and compassion. DeMario has quite a nerve being so insulting and nasty and his venom is quite misdirected, IMO. If he allowed ABC to milk its unjust treatment of him for all this time and $$$ without compensating him, he is a fool, IMO. 

Rachel is not perfect so every now and then, she makes a mistake. She is however an extraordinary young woman, as time will tell, IMO. Beyond this franchise, she will continue to flourish and being the Bachelorette has helped her identify the greatest gift of her life, Bryan.  I really believe that together they are an amazing power couple. JMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:10 am

Chgohighlife wrote:Excellent post as always, Aria. Love your insight and compassion. DeMario has quite a nerve being so insulting and nasty and his venom is quite misdirected, IMO. If he allowed ABC to milk its unjust treatment of him for all this time and $$$ without compensating him, he is a fool, IMO. 

Rachel is not perfect so every now and then, she makes a mistake. She is however an extraordinary young woman, as time will tell, IMO. Beyond this franchise, she will continue to flourish and being the Bachelorette has helped her identify the greatest gift of her life, Bryan.  I really believe that together they are an amazing power couple. JMO

Early days yet.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:40 am

Why on earth is Demario putting this even out there? Why is he putting it on Rachel to lift up black men, when he and his fellow black men (at least Eric) have not done a thing to uplift Rachel, the first black lead this show has ever had? Demario, who's two public dating choices where that white ex we saw on the show, and Miss Platinum Vag**e.
And let's look at the black men Rachel had to pick from. One was a guy had a crush on her from third grade, but hasn't had any contact with her in 15 years, but suddenly he wanted to pursue her, once she got the lead role. Not. Suspect. At. All. Then the guy who had never dated black women before. Yeah. Sure, Rachel, should've picked him, he SURELY was into Rachel. Then Demario. Yeah, just no. Eric seemed to be the only even remotely logical option, but his after show interviews have showed his lacking in logical thought, perhaps Rachel saw that during filming too.

Also, I've never heard any white lead being dragged this much for not picking a black F1. There have been literal think pieces about Rachel's supposed 'self hatred', because she didn't pick one of these fine specimen of black men. Rachel had her entire race on her shoulders, according to some, and she failed them, because she picked a 'white man'.

I also have to add, that, I'm not from the US, so I don't know the official racial map in the US, but in other countries, it's not only black or white, there are multiple other races too. Imo Rachel didn't pick a 'white man', as if it mattered any way. Bryan very proudly seems to embrace and proclaim his Colombian heritage, he's a very proud Latino man.

Ending my way too long post, I'm going to say, that, IMO as long as these men keep shading her and dragging her, I'm gladly cheering her on, when she calls them out. How tiring for her having to every other day get notifications, how these weak, insecure men decide to open their mouths to drag Rachel and use her to get more attention. Rachel doesn't need to be 'classy' when these men try to drag her. After her season ended, she's never been the one to attack or shade first, it's always been a response to her or Bryan getting dragged. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by teambigrach Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:46 am

Diana wrote:I actually think Rachel was one of the best ette's ever that's JMO though cheeky

Agree 100% :yes:

teambigrach

Female Posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post by teambigrach Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:49 am

Demario was totally trying to shame rachel. *IMO* Why should the responsibility to uplift black men be put on her? When they haven't done the same for her? And this is so rich coming from someone who only dates white women. Rachel and Kaitlyn are def my fav bachelorettes. They were both IMO unapologetic about their sexuality as grown azz women, they were able to stand up for themselves through a ton of hate and was victims to abc's shady editing. Very proud of her, i think the women on the show are so often expected to "take the high road" and be silent instead of defending herself. Why shouldn't rachel clap back and say something when demario was attacking her character? Love her, hope she never changes.

teambigrach

Female Posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:34 am

Stating R loves white men is attacking her character?
How is it so?

And imo, if she still expect the world to love her, then she is delusional. She is just like every lead, black or not, not all people gotta love them or their F1. If she cant take this, she probably may struggle for the rest of life to want all the love she thought she has. Imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:10 am

Prelude: I'm black, this may or may not be important but it gives context

From personal experience, it absolutely pisses the heck out of me when people make statements like "Oh, you're acting so white" (urgh that's the worst one btw) or "you listen to such white music" or literally anytime someone assigns my mannerisms and choices a specific race. So I absolutely understand why rachel was annoyed by Demario's statement and how she chose to respond is her prerogative. However, she should now understand she is in the public eye and everyone is gonna feel entitled to give in their two cents about her life and choices. She is fairly new to this "fame" game so hopefully overtime, she will know how to just brush it off.

I actually don't think Demario meant any harm when he made that statement. He based his opinion off of the two weeks he was with rachel, which may have been a stupid thing to do, but what he said translated on TV as well IMO. Rachel is so easy to read and her 1 on 1 time with the guys she wasn't interested in was comical to watch. IMO it just so happened that the group she was presented included peter (my gawd that man is ..whew Fitness - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 12 1f4a6 ) and Bryan,  who isn't too bad either. I think she actually liked will but we know how that went laugh out loud. people I was watching with made similar statements, and that's just cause of how it played out on TV.

Conclusion: People have opinions, and when you put yourself out their especially for entertainment purposes, you can't expect them to be all good. So I hope rachel realizes that soon enough and go about living her best life

ETA: Anthony was a snack and it was sad to see him go (just wanted to say that laugh out loud, not of particular importance). Sad he didn't vibe with rachel
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:38 am

I think it ticked her off that he claimed he sat down with the guys and they basically summed up her ending with 3 white guys and an obligatory black man. A lot of people actually said this is how it would go down even before filming ended. I don't think it's a bad thing but maybe it hurts because it actually happened.

I would also be annoyed though in Rachel's position, especially given IMO most of the black men cast for her seem to also prefer white women, except Josiah IMO.

In the end I think she gave the podcasters exactly what they wanted by tagging her so well played, I guess. JMO.

Fitness - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 12 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:40 am

What lead ever gets called out on 'loving white men or women'? This is the first time ever I've hear this about any lead. Rachel's F1 isn't 'white' either. Why does it matter, if Rachel picked a man of other race than hers? Also, where's the proof, that Rachel only loves white men? I actually find this whole subject quite offensive.

I don't see anything to suggest, that she expects the whole world to love her, but Imo she has the right to reply back when Demario or anyone else throws out these weird comments, in public. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 79 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 45 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

+70
whit90
TheWrongReasons
hae1001
SelmaHB
Tiggerlgh