Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@outlook.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

Bachelor 22 - Suggestions for Streamlining Sleuthing - Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 22 - Suggestions for Streamlining Sleuthing - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:13 pm

I have been thinking throughout the last season on how we can improve the flow of sleuthing. There are several things that come to mind especially the frustration of looking for a post or s/cap that we know has been discussed.

In the Search option on our forum, under the banner, Search - Advanced Search - Search for Keywords - Search for all terms - Search Google, most times is helpful. It produces pages of posts from our forum, however, I know there are better methods than having to search which doesn't always generate what I'm looking for.

Here are some of the items that I've been thinking.

1. Request  for "Assistants" who will help out copying posts to NO discussion threads on a regular basis for easy access when needed. The posts would be Confirmed Sleuthed Locations, or Media, Blogs anything that we might want to refer back to.

The Assistants will check the No discussion thread, if no one else brought the post over, simply hit quote, copy the whole post, get out of that screen, and paste it in the No discussion thread. If posting a link, add a short description of what the link is. For example, If I copied this post which includes the member who originally posted it, it's in quotes but I add:

@agentcurls youtube vid of Alex.


This prevents having to view the link. If that's not what I'm looking for it's a waste of time.

We have the No discussion threads for easy access to posts, however we don't always use it. If as much info as possible was moved over it would be much easier to find posts.

1a. SM Assistants - These assistants will keep track of SM by posting s/shots of their SM accounts as soon as they are sleuthed. This is a good tool to keep an eye on any activity or lack of activity prior to filming if sleuthed, during filming and so forth. This can be the Contestants SM thread, No discussion. Once a s/shot is posted, for example Sept 15th, and on Oct 15 there is a spike in posts or followers, that original post is quoted with the new information all in a new post. That info can easily be brought forward to the Contestant discussion thread.

2. Body language/edit thread

This was a popular thread back in the day, and I would like to bring it back. I would combine the thread, depending on how active it is, we can always separate it later. IMO this is a great tool to use when sleuthing and it helps new sleuthers learn what to look for when it comes to body language and edit.

3. General Discussion thread for ALL Contestants, Individual Contestant threads strictly used for sleuthing.

The purpose of this suggestion is trying to minimize double posts everywhere, mixed up with personal opinions. For example, if you like someone or don't like someone, it doesn't go in the sleuthing thread. I'm not sure if that's the answer but still pondering on how to structure this and would love to hear suggestions. When I'm sleuthing a contestant, I don't want to read how handsome he is or how annoying he is. However, if he has removed SM posts that should go into the sleuthing thread.

There will be a rule about speculation. When a sleuther speculates it's based on information, past seasons, SM post etc, we will delete any posts that are considered wild speculating. I'm not being snarky but as an example, paint vs chalk. There was no basis for that speculation that went on for pages.

If anyone is interested in helping out and being an assistant, please pm me. It would be greatly appreciated.

This is my short list. I will copy the recent posts in the Bachelor 21 thread so it's easier to quote if you would like to respond. If you don't see your post, please share with us. I said I would create this thread last week sometime when other suggestions were being posted and asked to keep those thoughts in mind, but I don't know where those posts are now.


Last edited by GuardianAngel on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total


___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Have a nice life" . Gord Downie #TheHip RIP



All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

PINKHEART
avatar
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 43904
Join date : 2011-04-04

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Suggestions for Streamlining Sleuthing - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:19 pm

@GuardianAngel wrote:We have had snark threads in the past if there were requests. That option is always open. We like to have a place for everyone on this forum. I'd much rather have a snark thread separated, which doesn't get mixed up in the true sleuthing threads.



___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Have a nice life" . Gord Downie #TheHip RIP



All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

PINKHEART
avatar
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 43904
Join date : 2011-04-04

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Suggestions for Streamlining Sleuthing - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:20 pm

@coolangel wrote:
@Ladybug82 wrote:I'm all for a snark thread, but it was not used much during Nick's season, when I thought we'd have tons.

I can snark but separate my feelings to sleuth.


That being said, i really think we need a thread like @coolangel mentioned for the fan fiction, wild ideas of how it's the foiler of all foilers.  Because IMO, those kept getting mixed in with actual sleuthing and there was no proof or evidence to back it up.  When asked it'd just start a major melt down / tit for tat, back and forth type thing.  I quickly ran out of patience for that, it because a never ending cycle/circle and it was exhausting.  

And yes @kashathediva I agree, no change in spoilers is needed this time around again, this season dealing with it was more than enough.  #adbandonship laugh out loud

JMO

IA! :yes: Even as a Nick fan, I would pop into his snark thread occasionally but it didn't have much even though other threads did. giggling I think snarking/witty replies flow well in the discussion in a regular thread but rarely will anyone take a post and move it to the snark thread just to snark. Atleast that was the impression I got. I am all for it though. yes

rofl at 'fan fiction, wild ideas of how it's the foiler of all foilers'. Thank you for supporting the idea of separate threads! bestbud! I don't think my brain can handle another season of grass gate or SHVs in Janesville. laugh out loud

All JMO



___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Have a nice life" . Gord Downie #TheHip RIP



All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

PINKHEART
avatar
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 43904
Join date : 2011-04-04

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Suggestions for Streamlining Sleuthing - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:21 pm

@Seabear wrote:IMO the most difficult thing with the threads this season was for a portion of the season most of the threads became OTT fanning Peter threads. IMO it got in the way for the sleuthers because objectivity regarding Peter not being F1 was out the window. Fortunately some of the most strident posters are no longer members of BBF. I still feel a separate thread for sharing sleuthing finds is a good idea....particularly if Peter is the Bachelor. I feel sleuthing should have a thread were finds can rationally be evaluated without emotion involved.
As for snarking and non snarking in the regular discussion threads...I like the way we currently have it because it keeps things interesting and more balanced than just encouraging fan type posts only. I think all the snarking just in one thread is a bit boring. Even when I disagree with the snark lots of times the posts make me laugh! And I always enjoy the different opinions and perspectives particularly when they are funny. IMO sometimes the snarky posts are the most amusing because often they are very creative and witty. laugh out loud
JMO



___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Have a nice life" . Gord Downie #TheHip RIP



All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

PINKHEART
avatar
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 43904
Join date : 2011-04-04

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Suggestions for Streamlining Sleuthing - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:21 pm

@pavalygurl wrote:
I would like to see a place where findings can be discussed once sleuthed.  I know sleuthers have sources and may not be able to share every bit of why they are sure of their findings.  I am sometimes stumped when I see findings because I sometimes see an alternate explanation.  I don't want to disparage the good work of the sleuthers, but at the same time better understand that other explanations were considered.  Thanks for your consideration.



___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Have a nice life" . Gord Downie #TheHip RIP



All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

PINKHEART
avatar
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 43904
Join date : 2011-04-04

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Suggestions for Streamlining Sleuthing - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:23 pm

@Ladybug82 wrote:
IMO we already have/do that in many threads.  But if you have suggestions on how to better accomplish it, please share. 

The only time I see it not happen is when something is rehashed for the 1000th time or someone joins late in the season, etc.  In no way do I mean to put anyone down or alienate them, but if one took the time to read back threw threads or even check the confirmed threads, main times the very same questions that are being asked have been already answered, and multiple times.  

Which is one reason, IMO, we need to make sure posts are copied over to the no discussion threads (SM, confirmed SCs, locations, etc.).  If more would help carry/copy them over for easy finding instead of having to dig back threw or have to ask for the 100th time and people be short about something already rehashed, that would help a lot, IMO.  It's a lot easier to link to where something is than have to hunt for it or try to answer and not remember quite everything, IMO.

JMO


___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Have a nice life" . Gord Downie #TheHip RIP



All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

PINKHEART
avatar
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 43904
Join date : 2011-04-04

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Suggestions for Streamlining Sleuthing - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:23 pm

@nd4reality wrote:The only suggestion I have is that there is a sleuthing discussion thread that is separate from the speculation discussion thread.

IA with LB and others that the no discussion threads must be populated by all, we cannot wait for a mod to move posts across once information has been sleuthed and confirmed.

@sdmom wrote:@Ladybug82 @nd4reality ITA with more use/posts on No Discussion threads.

This seadon is the most invested I've ever been in sleuthing and it's fun! IMO, we relied on sleuthing more on sources, especially earlier on we had conflicting info. I hope to improve my sleuthing skills next season!



___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Have a nice life" . Gord Downie #TheHip RIP



All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

PINKHEART
avatar
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 43904
Join date : 2011-04-04

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Suggestions for Streamlining Sleuthing - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:24 pm

@nd4reality wrote:@sdmom I have to say you have already grown as a sleuth. Good job on this season.

I also think one of the traits is to cling to our gut and only till the evidence is clearly in the other direction to give up. This is not to say that feelings should be involved ( la la land type laugh out loud) but rather hard evidence combined with gut feel.

Back to b22 - how will the editors spin a emotion and vulnerability with P with his hands limply to  his side for an entire season ? how fun hahaha !


___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Have a nice life" . Gord Downie #TheHip RIP



All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

PINKHEART
avatar
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 43904
Join date : 2011-04-04

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Suggestions for Streamlining Sleuthing - Discussion

Post by Aunties_Love on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:47 pm

general discussion thread for all contestants. Problem with individual contestant threads being used for sleuthing only....a lot of the times those points/facts aren't brought through to the filming schedule so when making up the filming schedule and when contestants leave often doesn't make it to the thread to make an accurate count without now having to go through all the individual threads to find the info.

IA with having assistants to bring over info from all the discussion threads to the appropriate no discussion threads would help immensely. I for one tried but if I was away for a few days to RL kicking in, going back through all the individual threads to dig out the info and transfer to the proper threads was a night affair. In no way do I mean anything negative, but just that it's hard to keep up with things when they aren't put in the proper threads or transferred.




avatar
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 7956
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 48
Location : Island Time

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Suggestions for Streamlining Sleuthing - Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Suggestions for Streamlining Sleuthing - Discussion

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum