SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Discussion

Page 58 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Discussion  - Page 58 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Discussion

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:31 pm

lleyki wrote:
notarose wrote:People will always define "famewhore" in different ways.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Above is an example of how Nick IMO is NOT interested in using his current "fame" status.

That's just...wow. I mean is that what going on this show does to some of these people? They lose all sense of empathy and sense beyond their next shilling opportunity. My goodness. Kudos to Nick and hopefully he's embarrassed enough to delete it.

Nick's comment actually led to Chase deleting his self-promoting post as Chase posted to Nick that Nick is right and he will delete his post. So yes, kudos to Nick. 

Also, Nick has been on this show much more than Chase ever has, yet Nick never self-promoted using a tragedy of the worst mass shooting in US history and using it as a shilling opportunity. 

So to me, it's not about the TV show or how often a person is on TV, it's about that person's character and who they choose to be. While Nick may have been on TV more than Chase has, Nick has more empathy and integrity imo. That says it all. JMO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Discussion  - Page 58 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Discussion

Post by Guest Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:35 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:And here is an example of Nick's schill EFFORT- 

Nothing beats a failure but a try...

So him promoting his own business is suddenly the equivalent of schilling?

The only schilling that Nick did was for Hello Fresh twice and he did that when he was still with Vanessa who was the schiller in the relationship.
And for the record, I'm not saying that schilling= pathetic fame whore. I just think that it's pathetic if you seem to make a living off of it...Vanessa started her own charity so there's nothing pathetic about that. JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:38 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:

Nick's comment actually led to Chase deleting his self-promoting post as Chase posted to Nick that Nick is right and he will delete his post. So yes, kudos to Nick. 

Also, Nick has been on this show much more than Chase ever has, yet Nick never self-promoted using a tragedy of the worst mass shooting in US history and using it as a shilling opportunity. 

So to me, it's not about the TV show or how often a person is on TV, it's about that person's character and who they choose to be. While Nick may have been on TV more than Chase has, Nick has more empathy and integrity imo. That says it all. JMO

Well said, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ! I completely agree. clapping!

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:41 pm

Bluejay271 wrote:

The only schilling that Nick did was for Hello Fresh twice and he did that when he was still with Vanessa who was the schiller in the relationship.  
That article above is from back in May and has been discussed ad nauseum and currently Nick doesn't even do that anymore. I really don't care if it is seen as a "failure" because to me, whether Nick shilled that or shilled fab fit fun or shilled Mugs and t-shirts with his own nickname on him like other contestants have, there is nothing there to show me he is worse than those others who are on SM almost daily posting on their snapchats and IG stories and shilling. 

To me, that doesn't mean squat in the long run because if I look at one then I look at them all and all the shillers. imo None are better or worse based on that stuff alone or how many TV shows they are on or aren't. 

If I looked negatively at shilling I wouldn't be able to fan anyone - including my favs like Art and Matilda who pretty much every thing they post is a shilling/sponsored thing. 

What matters to me is whether they whine and complain or whether they use tragic events like Las Vegas to shill and self-promote. Nick hasn't done that and he has yet to shill his name on a hat, tshirt, or cup. So he's got a long way to go.

JMO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by hae1001 Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:53 pm

I wouldn't consider myself a fan of nick at all, but some of his actions this week have really made me soften to him. I appreciated his honesty the AF podcast and felt like I finally got a sense of who he is as a person. On top of that, this week he called out James Taylor for being a piece of trash, defended Vanessa, and put Chase in his place for trying to profit off of such a tragic event. I feel like I've misjudged him.
hae1001
hae1001

Female Posts : 1183

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:58 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
lleyki wrote:
notarose wrote:People will always define "famewhore" in different ways.

Above is an example of how Nick IMO is NOT interested in using his current "fame" status.

That's just...wow. I mean is that what going on this show does to some of these people? They lose all sense of empathy and sense beyond their next shilling opportunity. My goodness. Kudos to Nick and hopefully he's embarrassed enough to delete it.

Alongside empathy, Nick also has the capacity to acknowledge "the good" in people who have sometimes publically spoken "less" of him. :yes:  "character"

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:02 pm

I guess all these young people are scrambling trying to earn a buck and don't necessarily know how in this new uncharted territory of social media shilling with their 15 minutes. I know I sound sarcastic. I don't necessarily believe I am.
I do wish some of them would take the time to privately text each other or innovative idea--pick up the phone and call them, rather  than publicly call each other out. We used to call that public shaming.
JMOAA
And even though it is admirable to say today might be a good day to commit a selfless act of kindness, I believe in reality we have to start thinking EVERYDAY is that day. Not just today. JMO

Last edited by Kashathediva on Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:05 pm

Bluejay271 wrote:

And for the record, I'm not saying that schilling= pathetic fame whore. I just think that it's pathetic if you seem to make a living off of it...Vanessa started her own charity so there's nothing pathetic about that. JMO  

Be glad you didn't see his Fab Fit Fun box shill last year. He deleted it some time later. It was cringeworthy of the highest degree laugh out loud JMO

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:13 pm

bleuberry wrote:
Bluejay271 wrote:

Be glad you didn't see his Fab Fit Fun box shill last year. He deleted it some time later. It was cringeworthy of the highest degree laugh out loud JMO
It was meant as a joke and he never did shill it depending on rather it depends on if you like Nick or you don't I thought it was hilarious . JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:15 pm

I've been a "fan" (for lack of a better word) of Nick and when I say that what I mean is....Nick is not perfect - not even close imo. He has some great sides to him as well as some not so great sides (just like me or anyone else that is trying to get through this thing called life as best they can) and I don't idolize/idealize Nick but appreciate him for being himself. Throughout the years of following Nick, one of the things I've have admired about Nick is that he himself has said countless times over the years that he is not that awesome or great and he is not the worst either. To me, that's him being objective about himself as a person and that takes character imo to truly "see" yourself not as you want to be or have been but as you are - all of oneself and the totality of it and not making excuses for it and still try to learn, evolve, grow. Overall I think Nick is a good person who is flawed in many ways but always tries to live and be as openhearted and open-minded as he can be. That to me is character.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochaginj Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as always another great perspective and I totally agree

Mochaginj

Female Posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:26 pm

I go back and forth on Nick, but the way that he called out James and Chase on being IMO terrible human beings, retweeted and promoted Kimmel's plea for healthcare reform, and even marched last year at the Women's March...it reminds me why I used to be a big fan. He does realize there's a world outside of the Bachelor, cares about real issues, and is open and proud about his views, even though they might cause him to lose followers or get criticism. I wish more could be like him in this franchise. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Discussion

+74
MiniDiva
Zaynab
sosleepy
ukglasgowkiiss
jen689