SELECT CONTENT

Vanessa Grimaldi & Josh Wolf - Bachelor 21 - Discussion

Page 42 of 62 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 52 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vanessa Grimaldi  & Josh Wolf - Bachelor 21 - Discussion  - Page 42 Empty Re: Vanessa Grimaldi & Josh Wolf - Bachelor 21 - Discussion

Post by notarose Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:05 pm

Vanessa would benefit from guidance by either Sarah H or Ben H as both have foundations and consistently have small events in addition to promoting/advertising. Good business model.
At V’s No Better You event she said 3-4 schools would get sensory rooms plus Galileo would get some financial reward. An update would be a good idea not only for donors but for sponsors.
When her rep confirmed that V was getting to know Gallagher, she also said another fundraiser was being planned.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Vanessa Grimaldi  & Josh Wolf - Bachelor 21 - Discussion  - Page 42 Empty Re: Vanessa Grimaldi & Josh Wolf - Bachelor 21 - Discussion

Post by thisgurlovesbach Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:33 pm

@notarose Yup I agree and yeah they can give her guidance on the business model as well as how to properly run the charity. I think promotion is not a problem for her though since she nearly has 1 million followers and her PR lady does a good job at that. But I feel that before she plans another fundraiser she should at least build one sensory room or show snippets on her instagram stories of the sensory rooms being planned out/built. ALL IMO.
Also I believe if she would have more guest speakers like local Montreal people who want to help in the advancement of the special needs community like other special education teachers, parents of children as well as tech innovators , this would help with raising funds for her foundation and thus speeding up the process of the building of the sensory rooms.
thisgurlovesbach
thisgurlovesbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Sensory rooms are very expensive. When ours was built it took a while to get everything organized and it is updated and changed periodically. I don't think what they raised in that fundraiser would be enough for even one room let alone several. I guess they could buy several stim objects to get the rooms started, but no way is that enough for a proper fully functional room.

I agree, she should be doing periodic updates just to let people know how things are progressing. It takes time because usually there are legalities involved, not to mention physical and occupational therapist who make suggestions. Then there is the actual building or converting existing space and finding suitable, safe objects for the room. If I remember correctly when our agency built ours it took several years from planning to actually opening up. We did fundraising and then partnered up with other charities like the United Way and government agencies to get the full funding. That could be what is going on here.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:33 pm

@Sprite
Thank you for some good info! I was wondering about the cost etc. Hopefully, V will be sending some updates soon.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by thisgurlovesbach Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:40 pm

Yeah I understand that building the rooms will take time , effort and legal work but I believe that by even discussing a bit about the progress of her foundation on her instagram, this would not only let the fans know about it but also ensure that people don't blame her and say that her foundation was only "for show and for more fame" which I know isn't true.

I run an organization and we are having our first even in January and our PR guy gives weekly updates on the progress. And yeah these things do take time we have been working tirelessly since September to plan our event so I do understand about the legal aspects of all of this since getting sponsorship and funding takes time and the outreach to companies/ foundations take a while as well as planning the financial aspect of all of this.

http://www.specialneedstoys.com/usa/content/multi-sensory

This is a good website explaining everything about sensory rooms. I believe that for as little as $1000 (might be more here in Mtl because of the 9.975% Quebec tax law) one can build a basic sensory room.
thisgurlovesbach
thisgurlovesbach

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:07 pm

Kashathediva wrote:@Sprite
Thank you for some good info! I was wondering about the cost etc. Hopefully, V will be sending some updates soon.

Perhaps people who signed up for No Better You are getting newsletter updates. Anyone from the forum sign up?
Most charities give bi-annual or quarterly updates in their newsletter if not on their website.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:11 pm

thisgurlovesbach wrote:Yeah I understand that building the rooms will take time , effort and legal work but I believe that by even discussing a bit about the progress of her foundation on her instagram, this would not only let the fans know about it but also ensure that people don't blame her and say that her foundation was only "for show and for more fame" which I know isn't true.

I run an organization and we are having our first even in January and our PR guy gives weekly updates on the progress. And yeah these things do take time we have been working tirelessly since September to plan our event so I do understand about the legal aspects of all of this since getting sponsorship and funding takes time and the outreach to companies/ foundations take a while as well as planning the financial aspect of all of this.

http://www.specialneedstoys.com/usa/content/multi-sensory

This is a good website explaining everything about sensory rooms. I believe that for as little as $1000 (might be more here in Mtl because of the 9.975% Quebec tax law) one can build a basic sensory room.

Not unless they are getting their stuff from Dollarama!

Seriously, it takes tens of thousands... at least. I can't imagine what you could possibly get for only $1000. Things have to be of good quality, well built and sturdy so they can stand up to the wear and tear of so many people. Not to mention that many people using them are aggressive and destructive. I know the things we have in ours and I believe it cost about $100,000. Now, I know ours is one of the best since we get other people who are building them coming to check out to see what we have so we may be the gold standard, but still.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by thisgurlovesbach Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Well I dont mean low balling as low as dollarama but with 30K$ charity money the start of something is possible . I just don't want the hates to be like "she's a fraud" and talk crap.
thisgurlovesbach
thisgurlovesbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:11 pm

thisgurlovesbach wrote:Well I dont mean low balling as low as dollarama but with 30K$ charity money the start of something is possible . I just don't want the hates to be like "she's a fraud" and talk crap.

For that amount they could definitely set up a fairly good room, however, if I remember she mentioned 4 or six. That would be spreading things thin IMO. I wish she would work on one, have that set up and then use that as an example of what she is capable of doing for the future. If they have a bit here at one school and a bit there at another, I don't think that would be as helpful as nobody would actually get the full benefit of a properly set up room.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by thisgurlovesbach Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:21 pm

Yeah ofc that wouldn't cover 4 rooms, I was always referring to one room for the prices and as a start. I think she should start with one room and slowly expand to others
thisgurlovesbach
thisgurlovesbach

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:30 pm

Sprite wrote:
thisgurlovesbach wrote:Well I dont mean low balling as low as dollarama but with 30K$ charity money the start of something is possible . I just don't want the hates to be like "she's a fraud" and talk crap.

For that amount they could definitely set up a fairly good room, however, if I remember she mentioned 4 or six. That would be spreading things thin IMO. I wish she would work on one, have that set up and then use that as an example of what she is capable of doing for the future. If they have a bit here at one school and a bit there at another, I don't think that would be as helpful as nobody would actually get the full benefit of a properly set up room.

I also think she overcommitted and therefore can’t deliver a substantial product. Earmarked schools will IMO have to find additional funding since only a %-age of total cost was provided. This, unfortunately can dilute momentum. Example: tradesman services may donate skilled labor for installation but as time passes interested parties typical find other ventures to be involved with.  
I do see her being romantically linked to Gallagher as a plus because hockey has a large fan base and if he is to appear at her next fundraiser that will be great for attendee and sponsor interest. Perhaps those funds can be added to the previously named school projects.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:45 pm

^^^
Has is been confirmed that she is definitely dating Gallagher ? The last I heard was that they were just friends.  He would be great to have on her next fundraiser if she is having one.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 62 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 52 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Vanessa Grimaldi & Josh Wolf - Bachelor 21 - Discussion

+78
Norcalgal
luvstx
HavaDrPepper
bluwavz
Astrobach