SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 34 of 79 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 56 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

racingrealtor - Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 34 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by tigertiz Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:06 am

I kind of like that he's not a fabulous actor with the women that he is not falling for. Those of us who watched Emily's season know that he can fall hard. Good luck to the editors who will have to mask that and make it look like he's falling for two women.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

racingrealtor - Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 34 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by littlereddress Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:18 am

I have always thought one of the most charming things about Arie is that he does not care about public opinion about his looks. He is busy doing his thing.  In other words he is not caught up in whether he is handsome or not.  Witness how handsome he is his in his fire suit though.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJMg4FSUVi0

I just think he is more about his job and his daily life than he is about how good he looks.   So I like that about him.  

In mu opinion he looks the best in a dark classic suit if you look at YT clips of Emily's season.  He was wearing a dark suit in Emily's season for the rose ceremonies and he looked his best.   They have dressed in a dark suit for the first show and I think it suits him.  I hope this Cary guy who styles the bachelor can see the potential in him and dress him for the rose ceremonies and night dates because Arie can be debonair when it is required of him.  I agree he is not dressed very well in his dates.  What is going on???

littlereddress

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:46 am

littlereddress wrote:I have always thought one of the most charming things about Arie is that he does not care about public opinion about his looks. He is busy doing his thing.  In other words he is not caught up in whether he is handsome or not.  Witness how handsome he is his in his fire suit though.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJMg4FSUVi0

I just think he is more about his job and his daily life than he is about how good he looks.   So I like that about him.  

In mu opinion he looks the best in a dark classic suit if you look at YT clips of Emily's season.  He was wearing a dark suit in Emily's season for the rose ceremonies and he looked his best.   They have dressed in a dark suit for the first show and I think it suits him.  I hope this Cary guy who styles the bachelor can see the potential in him and dress him for the rose ceremonies and night dates because Arie can be debonair when it is required of him.  I agree he is not dressed very well in his dates.  What is going on???

I like his face and his hair and IMO it wouldn't take that much to make him look great. He also looks like he has nice skin, great eyes and he's tall and slim and that's a lot to work with, IMO. You nailed what I've been whining about all day. I HATE it when a man looks like he doesn't care and for a show like this where he doesn't have to spend a dime, just show up and agree to look great, there's no excuse for a thirty-six year old man to look as tacky as we've seen in leaked pictures IMO BUT, I believe his evening outfits we haven't seen are better and maybe he'll be ok for HTD and beyond. racingrealtor - Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 34 3552228123

If he gets the right girl, she will help him develop a more cared for appearance after the show, IMO. Meanwhile, I haven't given up on him because it could be miracle season. cantstopl

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by littlereddress Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:58 am

I like Arie's build also.  His racing stats list him as 6'2" 180.  He is a tall and slim and this is his natural build.  He is not wimpy in the shoulders but he looks like he does not lift weights or hit the gym excessively.  Probably with all the traveling etc. it just isn't possible or he is just not into that.  I am okay with it but I realize women may be disappointed that he does not have big bulging muscles and ab muscles the way the last bachelor males have had.  

I see so many twitter comments that he is not good looking enough to be the bachelor.  It's all personal taste.  I find him to sexy more than good looking if that makes sense.  I like his regular guy looks.  

His lack of body building tells me he did not know he would be the bachelor until the last minute because I think he would have tried to bulk a bit before doing the show.  I also like that he does not use Just for Men and lets his hair go gray because that is the other complaint I see.  He is too gray to be the bachelor.  Whatever.  One can always find fault with a lead.

He is so different from bachelor males from the last few seasons and BIP and I am all for it.

littlereddress

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:54 pm

I’m surprised anyone thinks he is just regular. When I think of regular he does not come to my mind, not that anything should be wrong with average or regular either. Jmoaa

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:53 pm

When it was revealed that 50 shades of grey was going to be made a movie, Arie popped in my head. He would have made one beautiful Christian Grey! If that equals regular, I'll take it every day of the week and again on Sunday.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:52 pm

I've always seen Arie as regular at best tbh. I think he's got a wonky face and a bit of a sickly complexion. Not my cup of tea, but hardly anyone on this show is, so I guess I'm just super hard to please visually.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolormiblnd Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:01 pm

I think Arie is a regular guy. He is not handsome in the leading man sense but he is striking and stands out. He is not in love with himself or his appearance - he did not dye his hair and I don't think he would do any body building either (he may exercise to stay fit only). He can be a sharp dresser when the occasion demands but IMO for the most part he dresses for his own comfort. Arie is not pretentious or put on airs, instead, he is funny, quirky, smart and wears his heart on his sleeves (unless this has changed). These are the things that make him endearing.
Kolormiblnd
Kolormiblnd

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:02 pm

As I sit in my flannel nightgown and scrunchy warm socks, scrubbed face with no make-up with an easy 10 lbs or more to lose typing this, I have to wonder what regular is and what yard stick each of us use.
My DH no longer has a 6 pack. Probably not even a pack unless it's borrowed from Santa. He is in sweats watching the game. They aren't even colored coordinated and may have a hole or two. I hope not.
Of course, we aren't on tv Monday nights. No one comes into our house and dresses us, does our hair or make up or exercises us. I hope that never happens. That would be Sunnyvale. I consider us "regular" in appearance. That's pretty much my personal yardstick. I can't speak for anyone else. I know we could go out in public and not scare anyone or get stared at. When we dress up to go out, we clean up nicely as I've heard.
TV people--they are the gorgeous people out there. There are gorgeous and then there are different degrees of gorgeous. BUT imo let's face it, Arie isn't looking for me. I doubt many of the cast on this show would be. They are usually looking for the other gorgeous tv people. JMOAA.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:31 pm

I remember way back to the sleuthing when Emily's season was filming and there were pics of Arie in a blue hoodie (wasn't he called blue hoodie guy then?) and I didn't think all that much of him. It wasn't until I saw him in action (especially those wall kisses) that I saw the attraction. I think his clothes are going to be a mix of things but that's not a big deal to me. I'm more interested in seeing who he likes and how he is with them. racingrealtor - Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 34 4256136633

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15317

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:54 pm

IA @Kashathediva I just ran out to the local drug store to grab some items that were on sale before the sale ended. I've been non stop today in an o/s tshirt and leggings. I threw on a sweater and got what I needed. I could care less what I looked like. laugh out loud I need to shower put make up on and get dressed professionally every day. If someone doesn't like it, don't look. laugh out loud

I think Arie's a good looking guy. What I've always liked about him is he goes about his way, living his life. He's not worried about gaining followers, or being in the spotlight nor does he care what others say, his words paraphrasing. He's a mature young man who comes from a good family. He races cars, and got his real estate license.

Here's a great pic IMHO of him when he was on Millionaire and won $100,000 for charity.

racingrealtor - Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 34 12547223_573659159476425_125886498_n

ariejrAmazing night! Thanks to everyone who came out to our viewing party and to all that watched at home. @chrisbharrison you're the man for having me on and so glad @phxchildrens gets 100k to benefit children who need care so desperately. Very cool

and this one when he announced he was a realtor. Just a regular guy IMHO who isn't obsessed with anything but race cars and I like that.

racingrealtor - Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 34 14474048_186756781751689_375858326149267456_n

ariejr BOOM I'm a Realtor!! Settling into my winter career and loving it so far. Showing this nice home in Arcadia this weekend and meeting new clients along the way! Message me if you're looking for a new home!  #racingrealtor #remax #everythingItouchturnstoSOLD  

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71459

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by littlereddress Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:18 pm

Well since we are covering this subject waiting for his season to begin I agree with Kolormiblind he is striking looking.  Not matinee idol handsome movie star looks but striking.  Similar to a woman who does not have classically beautiful model looks but there is something about her that makes her attractive.

I also like his gray hair and blue eyes combo. Wild tousled hair and blue eyes is very Paul Newman-esque to me. Paul Newman never gave AF about his looks. He cared about car racing and acting.

When I watched Emily's season the first episode I thought he was okay but not a standout and then when he romanced Emily and especially that wall kiss I found him sexy as hell.   I think it is because I could feel that kiss down to my toes and it wasn't even me being kissed.  Imagine how Emily felt.  Then the way he looked on the balcony with her on the night of the fantasy date was also sexy.  There is something about a man on screen who kisses and you feel it through your screen.  He became much more attractive to me that's for sure.  It wasn't just the kissing itself, it was the way he made me feel.  Like hey Arie, thank you, that's how you do it.  

It was completely unexpected because as race car driver and now driving trucks he has very masculine dude centric job surrounded by other dudes all day so I don't expect him to be so tender and romantic.  It's like another side of him.

Part of his appeal for me is that his looks are not central to his work, hobbies, SM, etc. so he is free to just be Arie and do his thing.  Either you find him attractive or you don't and I don't think he cares either way.  His focus seems to be on work, friends, family and hobbies.  

I am sure once the season starts he will get plenty of SM comments going both ways ranging from wow is he hot to he is just not good looking.  If looks equaled romance and love I would be concerned but I think a man's looks are only part of it.  It mostly his approach to the women he is romancing and Arie has romance down in spades from what I saw.

littlereddress

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 79 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 56 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+72
Minney
philphan
LeapofFaith
sopearl
EverStars2376