SELECT CONTENT

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

Page 44 of 67 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 55 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10 - Page 44 Empty Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

Post by Sprite Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:37 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
lleyki wrote:
sdmom wrote:

She was asked by Olivia in that podcast.

Not to mention that I'm pretty sure Peter just did an interview a few weeks ago where he answered questions about the season and Rachel. It will never not be interesting to me that everyone else is allowed to talk about the season, make comments about Rachel, some of it not so kind, but the second she even says the name Peter, she is either still petty, bitter or the questions of why is his name still in her mouth start coming. Like Rachel goes around bringing up Peter any chance she gets when there is more than enough evidence to the contrary.

As for her not letting on the full truth about how she felt and how torn up she was, at this point, what more do people want from this woman? For her to start crying and say that her heart was torn out of her chest when letting him go and for her to be as melodramatic as possible? Or what am I saying, it's essentially for her to say, "yes haters, you were right, I settled for a ring". Whether that's the truth or not. Because it's starting to feel like nothing else will satisfy people.

Unlike so many others before who have insisted they knew on night one who their Final 1 was, Rachel has never said that. She consistently says that she was torn throughout the season, that she did have strong feelings for Peter, that she was upset that night. And yet, she still gets accused of not fully telling the whole truth.

I thought Rachel sounded very calm and at ease in the interview and more importantly, was nothing but kind about Peter. All she has ever done is explain why she said his actions were confusing and her comments make a lot of a sense in my opinion. Because how would a woman not be confused by a guy who tells you he's not in love with you, then seconds before you're getting ready to walk into a meeting with your family, goes, "I'm falling in love with you", then still insists he won't propose, that he's not ready to that take that step but then asks you what kind of engagement ring you want, how many kids you two will have, where you will live, etc.

Like others have noted, I don't think Peter is some socipathic mastermind. I don't even think he's a bad person per se. I do however believe and have believed it for months that he's an indecisive egomaniac with control issues and who cares way too much what others think about him. As someone noted on another board, I'm even willing to believe that Peter in his mind truly believes he is the "good guy" and doesn't see or understand the ways being with him can be emotional exhausting and damaging to someone.

@lleyki  THIS FREAKIN' POST IS A MASTERPIECE. Obviously, I agree with every word.

IMO, Peter appeals to all that is broken in women. I was floored by how many women really thought; Just give up your life, your spirit, your wishes and dreams to follow him back to nowhere, Wisconsin and be the girl he takes to the empty bar on occasion until he doesn't. This whole "Peter above all, shame on you for not giving him whatever he thinks he wants today" dynamic is interesting but, very very disturbing and sad to witness in 2017. JMO

While I agree that Rachel entitled to feel what she feels without getting criticism and pick who she felt was the best for her, it is not unknown for leads to gloss over things post show. Their explanations evolving over the years. I just saw a post of Ali announcing that she is expecting and she is a perfect example of that. Doesn't mean that Rachel is the same, but it wouldn't necessarily surprise me that she is. 

As for Peter being indecisive, insecure with some control issues...I get that. Doesn't mean he is an egomaniac. Women wanting to fix him is on them, not him. Hopefully he learned something during the show and watching himself after. 

Every season is the same. The editors are good and suck much of the audience into wanting the lead to pick the F2. Once the show is over, they can't seem to let it go. Doesn't matter if it is Peter or Robby or whoever. Same thing for the women. How many are still saying Ben should have picked JoJo even though she is clearly happy with her choice?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10 - Page 44 Empty Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

Post by Norcalgal Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:09 pm

That Peter still elicits so much discussion post-show is mindblowing! I listened to the podcast and felt Rachel was much kinder to Peter in the podcast than she was at AFTR. Whether she was in shock seeing what was edited for their final scene, angry that Bryan didn't get a more balanced edit or just tired of hearing Peter, Peter, Peter all the time, I don't know. Perhaps time does heal all wounds!

My take away from the podcast is that Rachel likes being in charge and Bryan allows it and she definitely chose the best person for her. It amazes me how viewers' personal experiences project onto Peter and who he may or may not be. Very few of us can objectively judge. That is why I was glad to hear Rachel speak more kindly about him - she knows him far better than any of us.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5301

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:23 pm

....Anyways. According to his IG story, Peter just did a photoshoot for Men's health, idk if it's a cover or a spread inside but regardless it's really cool for him imo, and my man's still out here flourishing Hugesmile

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:45 pm

And it affirms to me the speculation is true that he went on the show to expand his business, so good for him.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:01 pm

Wow that's cool! Good for him. I love it when these people grow what they already had going for them after the show. IMO this is what the most business savvy contestants and leads with fanbases have done. This is what people should be doing, instead of trying to break into new industries with no experience or talent. JMO.

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10 - Page 44 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by North Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:47 pm

bleuberry wrote:Wow that's cool! Good for him. I love it when these people grow what they already had going for them after the show. IMO this is what the most business savvy contestants and leads with fanbases have done. This is what people should be doing, instead of trying to break into new industries with no experience or talent. JMO.

Have to agree. At this point in the show's lifecycle, isn't everyone (or most) going on for some sort of opportunity? Be it the opportunity to experience travel, "star" on tv, elevate a charity/interest, expand a business, or pursue a new career? The falling in love part seems (IMO) to be a happy accident for many contestants and even some leads.

The show's marriage track record might not be the best (it is getting better though!) but for non-marriage pursuits, the show has been a lucrative launching pad for many leads and contestants (IMO) -- i.e.: an HGTV show, a furniture line, DWTS stints & other reality shows, tons of podcasts, speaking engagements, charity promotions and lots and lots of social influencing/shilling.

IMO it would be weird if Peter didn't leverage his show experience to promote his business. I'm a marketer so I think all the contestants should use this show as a springboard for as long as they can.

The theory that post-show activity and pursuits are an indication of original intent is an interesting proposition -- one that I would love to discuss but probably not appropriate for the "Peter Thread." I do find who does what post-show -- and for how long -- very fascinating.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:49 pm

bleuberry wrote:Wow that's cool! Good for him. I love it when these people grow what they already had going for them after the show. IMO this is what the most business savvy contestants and leads with fanbases have done. This is what people should be doing, instead of trying to break into new industries with no experience or talent. JMO.

cantstopl

Agreed.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:09 pm

I have no problem of people trying to break into new industries. How will you know whther you have talent if you don't try? So Nick got some acting gigs, Kaitlyn is on a Broadway show, good for them, and I hope they get what they want.
It's another matter if they succeed but at least they tried. I admire people who take a chance. IMO.

Ok back to Peter. Still not a fan but I applaud him taking his 15 minutes to achieve his goal.

All Jmo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:09 pm

I've never had trouble with former cast using their fleeting "fame" to help them in their chosen profession. One of my favorites ever, Chris Lambton, did it and is still on HGTV/DIY. I don't feel it's a given that Peter, or anyone else, went on the show just for that though. I think it's often a combination of things, including adventure & travel, that draws them in more than the poor odds that they'll find love on the show. JMO of course.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15295

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo26 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:58 pm

Has anyone seen Peter's latest IG posts? He's turning into Chase & Robby day by day! giggling

lolo26

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacia620 Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:14 pm

lolo26 wrote:Has anyone seen Peter's latest IG posts? He's turning into Chase & Robby day by day! giggling

Wow...he sure IS turning into Chase & Robby. Not appealing AT ALL. Jmo cantstopl
Stacia620
Stacia620

Female Posts : 1221

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:28 pm

lolo26 wrote:Has anyone seen Peter's latest IG posts? He's turning into Chase & Robby day by day! giggling

I just did because of a post I read on the spoiler side. Interesting choice of photo shoot, well not interesting or surprising to me. I don't care what his reasons were for going on the show. IMO it wasn't for love, that's for sure.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 67 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 55 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

+93
ElonM
dee
gurlbrit
Maddy
bluwavz