SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Page 38 of 79 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 58 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 38 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by zoe06 Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:57 am

quietpal wrote:
Cocoasneeze wrote:Maybe they want to do both. They want to continue their respective careers, AND take on any offers sent their way. I see nothing wrong with that. Imo it's just curious  that we finally hear from their own mouths, that they plan on to continue their careers, that Bryan is in the process of getting his licence for California, but it can't be taken as the truth, they must be lying. Jmo
That's how it is unfortunately. No matter what they say some believe them and some don't. That's why I say I hope R & B do what they feel is best for them and eliminate the unnecessary noise from outside people (media, SM, etc.) who know diddly squat about their relationship. IMO

Agreed we will have to agree to disagee those who have belief and those who don't which does make sense due to the history of the franchise. I am in the belief camp but only time will tell as with everything.

zoe06

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 38 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by Chgohighlife Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:13 am

I really do NOT understand why what Bryan and Rachel do next to earn a living is such a big deal, or why they need to share their plan when we know there is one or, why where they live is anyone else's business or, why they should be limited by fans' beliefs or, anything else. It's just nuts to me that people get up and say " I don't believe them" or, "I feel they should do this" or, "they should live there", I mean WTF?? *EDIT*Why would it matter what individuals believe? Is it because they are fans and that invested or, do they have crystal balls or, what? Someone please help me out because I truly do not get it, at all.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:48 am

@Chgohighlife are you new here or new to Bachelor nation? This is basically the name of the game. Some endings were so messy that the final couples didn't even do post show media and just went home. So I'm not really feeling too bad for Brachel. JMO.

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 38 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:59 am

bleuberry wrote:@Chgohighlife are you new here or new to Bachelor nation? This is basically the name of the game. Some endings were so messy that the final couples didn't even do post show media and just went home. So I'm not really feeling too bad for Brachel. JMO.
I am new here as of a few weeks ago. I've never been fully invested before, mainly because I didn't have the time. (Actually if you could see my undelivered deliverables for my clients you'd say, I still don't have time) so, I don't know what you mean at all. I'm not feeling bad for Brachel, I just probably don't understand the power and boundaries of a fan base but, thanks.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:24 am

@Chgohighlife Sometimes there are no boundaries by fans. I am still often amazed at that people get so invested. I don't get that worked up about my own life, let alone some people I watch on a tv show, but that is what SM has brought about. People feel they know the cast and want to know what is going on with them. While it may seem OTT, there are also benefits...like making a ton of $ and getting freebies because they have the fan base to shill. Contestants have to realise that with the good, comes the bad and have to decide for themselves, what they want to share or if they value their privacy and their normal life. It seems less and less actually do.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:53 am

I totally don't get the fanism. It's a mystery to me.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by North Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:03 am

Kashathediva wrote:I totally don't get the fanism. It's a mystery to me.

I don't get the "fanism" or the "anti-fanism" either -- just too much emotional energy spent on people the public really doesn't know IMO -- but I am fascinated by it. How people can interpret words, body language, actions, etc... in such disparate ways and feel so passionately about it is so, so interesting.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolormiblnd Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:52 am

I am a fan of Rachel and Bryan's. I think they are a good match and have the potential to be a lasting couple like two others I rooted for in the past. Having said that, IMO, Public figures and celebrities do put themselves out there, and in 2017, it appears SM has made them REALLY accessible. I don't know how you define "fanism" but through the course of my life, I have been/still am a fan of certain public figures or celebrities. Would I go out of my way to meet them? In certain cases - yes. Would I analyze their actions/body language/words? - Sure. Would I write hateful rhetoric about them on SM? - No. Would I snark if they did something that was snark worthy even though I am a fan? - of course. Fans confuse fantasy with reality. They get personal, familiar and hateful IMO. We need to remember that the show was about Rachel's heart - no one else's. She has to live with her choice whatever the outcome.
Kolormiblnd
Kolormiblnd

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:58 am

North wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:I totally don't get the fanism. It's a mystery to me.

I don't get the "fanism" or the "anti-fanism" either -- just too much emotional energy spent on people the public really doesn't know IMO -- but I am fascinated by it. How people can interpret words, body language, actions, etc... in such disparate ways and feel so passionately about it is so, so interesting.

ITA! The best is the anti-fanism and the people who go to their IG pages to be negative or to STILL talk about TOG. laugh out loud  
Its hysterical that people waste time and energy watching someone they say they hate live their lives and they are not out living their own.

Last edited by sfrank on Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:24 am

Thank you Everyone for the insights. I think I get it now. This board is fairly new to me (and I freakin' LOVE it!), SM is pretty new to me, as well. I only set up my I/G account halfway through the season to follow these guys. I've made some real loo-loo boo-boos learning that process, LOL.
I feel like the haters just want them to fail so badly and I just love them Both and I have since Bryan introduced himself to her. I practically fainted at the end because I never gave TOG or, F3 a serious thought for her. I thought they were just decoration, always. I just saw her loving Bryan to pieces from day one and him being the right choice for her, IMO. Since she chose him in the end - I thought she dodged a bullet and there would be smooth sailing but, then the backlash over who SHE hooked up with and sleeps with...just blew me away. All the people who wanted her with F2/F3.
Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 38 2622943811 dizzy no idea affraid

I clearly have a lot to learn.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by North Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:31 am

Kolormiblnd wrote:I am a fan of Rachel and Bryan's. I think they are a good match and have the potential to be a lasting couple like two others I rooted for in the past. Having said that, IMO, Public figures and celebrities do put themselves out there, and in 2017, it appears SM has made them REALLY accessible. I don't know how you define "fanism" but through the course of my life, I have been/still am a fan of certain public figures or celebrities. Would I go out of my way to meet them? In certain cases - yes. Would I analyze their actions/body language/words? - Sure. Would I write hateful rhetoric about them on SM? - No. Would I snark if they did something that was snark worthy even though I am a fan? - of course. Fans confuse fantasy with reality. They get personal, familiar and hateful IMO. We need to remember that the show was about Rachel's heart - no one else's. She has to live with her choice whatever the outcome.

To me, the show, The Bachelor or Bachelorette isn't really about finding love, it is about making money for the producers and advertisers and providing entertainment to viewers. That's it. If a true match happens, then all the better for the show's reputation, additional media reach and new fiscal opportunities. If the producers were sincere about being matchmakers, The Bachelor/ette wouldn't exist in its current format IMO. All that being said, the entire concept is a fascinating social experience - from the lead to the contestants to the fans to the post-show shenanigans - all amplified by social media and traditional media.

If Rachel and Bryan go the distance and prove the "haters" wrong -- good for them! If not, that's life, relationships fail regardless of where they started.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolormiblnd Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:59 am

North wrote:
Kolormiblnd wrote:I am a fan of Rachel and Bryan's....Fans confuse fantasy with reality. They get personal, familiar and hateful IMO. We need to remember that the show was about Rachel's heart - no one else's. She has to live with her choice whatever the outcome.

To me, the show, The Bachelor or Bachelorette isn't really about finding love, it is about making money for the producers and advertisers and providing entertainment to viewers. If Rachel and Bryan go the distance and prove the "haters" wrong -- good for them! If not, that's life, relationships fail regardless of where they started.
ITA, it is seriously outrageous entertainment now, but the fans still confuse the fantasy with reality and trample over boundaries. Why are they so invested? IMO, they are invested because of the premise. Finding love - it can happen, has happened and could still happen on this franchise. CMIIAW, but none of the leads have ever picked someone that they are not attracted to - either in lust or love, even though they have "fame" aspirations? IMO, you can meet your partner anywhere and I think the fans believe that too - too much? Back to the topic of the thread though, I am still a fan of Rachel and Bryan's and rooting for them, If they make it - I will be 3/3.......... :happydance:
Kolormiblnd
Kolormiblnd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 79 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 58 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

+64
Ash2214
mindless
sdmom
Al
vacayeveryday