Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@outlook.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by Alanna on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:48 pm

I was always in the “it’s just piece of paper” camp before but my bestie got married a few months before me and says it does feel more weighty and more “real” now. So I guess we’ll find out laugh out loud 

I do wonder if some of the married couples would have split if they didn’t marry quickly? Like, I would leave right now but we’re married, so might as well try and work through it? Versus the unmarrieds, who find it easier to leave during a rough patch? Kind of a backwards theory from the typical- they weren’t as committed in the first place.


Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

#jash #Jo^3
avatar
Alanna

Posts : 18869
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by Ash2214 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:56 pm

@sosleepy wrote:
@Ash2214 wrote:Out of the more well known and fairly recent couples like Sean/Catherine, Ash/JP, Jade/Tanner, Carly/Evan, they were offered tv weddings that were completely paid for. Personally, I think that speeds up the process and leads to them getting married in a much quicker time frame. Perhaps if the currently engaged couples were offered the same that would make them speed it up. If not, why rush, especially since it seems like they’re all living normal and committed lives together.

I think that as long as a couple from this show is committed then they stand a good chance. Taylor and Derek never appeared to be committed. All jmo.


Yeah, but then you have the Chris and Des example. They were offered butkus and still did it on their own in under 2 years. Holly and Blake didn’t get a tv wedding, under a year til marriage. Correlation doesn’t equal causation, but certainly, there is strong circumstantial evidence that, at least within Bachelor World, if you get married, it’s quickly. Otherwise you just become the next Charlie and Sarah or Byron and Mary (who also respectively were commited and loved each other.) Basically if you consider the engagement real and want to be married, you get married. If you don’t and you don’t, then you don’t. 

Back to Taylor and Derek. Never liked Taylor, something really off with her. Jim Halpert light was just kind of meh, ok to me.

I specifically referenced the more well known and recent couples because it was correlated to the recent well known couples that are still engaged. Besides Des and Chris, the final couples that came off of one of the three shows currently airing that are married all got tv weddings. I do think it speeds up the process. Do I think these married couples would have gotten married within 9-16 months if they had to pay and plan for their own wedding? No IMO.

But back to Taylor and Derek, I do agree about something being off about her. I’ve always found to to be pretentious as well. JMO

Ash2214

Posts : 6568
Join date : 2014-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by sosleepy on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:57 pm

@Alanna wrote:I was always in the “it’s just piece of paper” camp before but my bestie got married a few months before me and says it does feel more weighty and more “real” now. So I guess we’ll find out laugh out loud 

I do wonder if some of the married couples would have split if they didn’t marry quickly? Like, I would leave right now but we’re married, so might as well try and work through it? Versus the unmarrieds, who find it easier to leave during a rough patch? Kind of a backwards theory from the typical- they weren’t as committed in the first place.

First paragraph - yes laugh out loud Like nothing changes, but also everything changes. 

Second paragraph - also yes. laugh out loud I think the marriage (usually)  makes you fight a little harder. 

JMO.
avatar
sosleepy

Posts : 4886
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by sosleepy on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:01 pm

@Ash2214 wrote:
@sosleepy wrote:
@Ash2214 wrote:Out of the more well known and fairly recent couples like Sean/Catherine, Ash/JP, Jade/Tanner, Carly/Evan, they were offered tv weddings that were completely paid for. Personally, I think that speeds up the process and leads to them getting married in a much quicker time frame. Perhaps if the currently engaged couples were offered the same that would make them speed it up. If not, why rush, especially since it seems like they’re all living normal and committed lives together.

I think that as long as a couple from this show is committed then they stand a good chance. Taylor and Derek never appeared to be committed. All jmo.


Yeah, but then you have the Chris and Des example. They were offered butkus and still did it on their own in under 2 years. Holly and Blake didn’t get a tv wedding, under a year til marriage. Correlation doesn’t equal causation, but certainly, there is strong circumstantial evidence that, at least within Bachelor World, if you get married, it’s quickly. Otherwise you just become the next Charlie and Sarah or Byron and Mary (who also respectively were commited and loved each other.) Basically if you consider the engagement real and want to be married, you get married. If you don’t and you don’t, then you don’t. 

Back to Taylor and Derek. Never liked Taylor, something really off with her. Jim Halpert light was just kind of meh, ok to me.

I specifically referenced the more well known and recent couples because it was correlated to the recent well known couples that are still engaged. Besides Des and Chris, the final couples that came off of one of the three shows currently airing that are married all got tv weddings. I do think it speeds up the process. Do I think these married couples would have gotten married within 9-16 months if they had to pay and plan for their own wedding? No IMO.

But back to Taylor and Derek, I do agree about something being off about her. I’ve always found to to be pretentious as well. JMO


I think Jo and Jo still have a lot of hope to get married, and I know they are your priority here. laugh out loud Just like Chris and Des are an exception to your rule above, I’m sure at least one of the 3 current Ette couples will also be an exception the other way. Regarding Bryan and Rachel, at just a year out, they are still under that threshold and I really don’t lump them with K&S or J&J in the same way. JMO
avatar
sosleepy

Posts : 4886
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by Ash2214 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:07 pm

@sosleepy no, it doesn’t really have anything to do with who I prefer or who I don’t or as you say who is my “priority” laugh out loud

It’s just my opinion. It’s as simple as do I think these married couples potentially rushed into their marriage a bit because they were offered a televised and completely free wedding? Yes. Do I think they would have waited longer and wouldn’t rush if they had to plan their own wedding? Yes. Do I think perhaps it makes them fight a little harder because of the rushed wedding as @Alanna mentioned? Yes.

There are a lot of reasons as to why couples from this show get married or they don’t.

Ash2214

Posts : 6568
Join date : 2014-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by Aria on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:12 pm

I just think that even the couples who weren't offered a TV wedding, like Blake/Holly, Des/Chris, and the Bachelor-adjacent couples like Chris/Peyton, Deanna/Stephen, and Elizabeth/Tye also did it within that 2 years. Just something in the Bachelor water! Time moves more quickly. Even Arie/Lauren didn't get the TV offer and their weddding date. It's just easy, IMO, when you're rich, like all these couples are.

Personally, I would rank the couples from greatest to least possibility in getting married: Jared/Ash, Arie/Lauren, Bryan/Rachel, Jojo/Jordan, and Kaitlyn/Shawn. It'll definitely be interesting what happens next! IMO.
avatar
Aria

Posts : 1566
Join date : 2017-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by Alanna on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:13 pm

Guys idk much, but I would say I’m not too worried about J&J in particular because I think she’d rather kill him (and herself) than allow another chick to sink her claws into him one day laugh out loud I am very interested in what happens to K+S and B+R though because I think K+S are at a tricky point and I just find B+R an interesting match in general.


Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

#jash #Jo^3
avatar
Alanna

Posts : 18869
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by sosleepy on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:17 pm

@Aria wrote:I just think that even the couples who weren't offered a TV wedding, like Blake/Holly, Des/Chris, and the Bachelor-adjacent couples like Chris/Peyton, Deanna/Stephen, and Elizabeth/Tye also did it within that 2 years. Just something in the Bachelor water! Time moves more quickly. Even Arie/Lauren didn't get the TV offer and their weddding date. It's just easy, IMO, when you're rich, like all these couples are.

Personally, I would rank the couples from greatest to least possibility in getting married: Jared/Ash, Arie/Lauren, Bryan/Rachel, Jojo/Jordan, and Kaitlyn/Shawn. It'll definitely be interesting what happens next! IMO.


Yeah basically totally this, and co-signed. Same page, @Aria!
avatar
sosleepy

Posts : 4886
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by sosleepy on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:34 pm

@Alanna wrote:Guys idk much, but I would say I’m not too worried about J&J in particular because I think she’d rather kill him (and herself) than allow another chick to sink her claws into him one day laugh out loud I am very interested in what happens to K+S and B+R though because I think K+S are at a tricky point and I just find B+R an interesting match in general.


I also think K&S are kind of buffering and taking a lot of heat off J&J (and RnB). Hard to get annoyed and bother J&J too much about their 2 year engagement, when you have K&S at year three and oversharing some questionable differences of opinion. J&J are generally much quieter, and I have a harder time reading their true relationship dynamics. They put on a good show for the gram, like they all do... but the true relationship, their true personalities, they keep it closer to the vest than a couple like Kaitlyn or Shawn, or Ashley and Jared, who let it all hang out and share the good, the bad, and the ugly.
avatar
sosleepy

Posts : 4886
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by Mozhi1 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:08 pm

I feel like social media changed everything. Recent couples get amazing opportunities that past couples never had and it will obv slow the process of sitting down and wanting to plan a wedding. Its hard to plan your wedding when you are on an airplane every 4 days for work and i think it actually will put more pressure on their relationship. I Think they are all committed , happy and do what is best for them at the moment.

Mozhi1

Posts : 84
Join date : 2018-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by Alanna on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:07 pm

Maybe by the same token, some of these couples are staying together longer precisely because of sm. I just saw this article on the bank these contestants pull in from sm, and this is a minor player. I can only imagine how much the big name girls who are engaged to their guys (their f1’s) are pulling in.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.refinery29.com/amp/2018/06/201153/instagram-influencer-salary


Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

#jash #Jo^3
avatar
Alanna

Posts : 18869
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by dw_a_mom on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:30 pm

@Alanna wrote:Maybe by the same token, some of these couples are staying together longer precisely because of sm. I just saw this article on the bank these contestants pull in from sm, and this is a minor player. I can only imagine how much the big name girls who are engaged to their guys (their f1’s) are pulling in.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.refinery29.com/amp/2018/06/201153/instagram-influencer-salary

That is what I worry about. A big part of their income comes from being a couple. That is a lot of pressure to stay together. It would be hard to believe that recent bachelorette's have gotten THAT much better at picking their mates; I think things that may have broken a couple up in the past are worked through now because of the income. Which could be good or bad depending upon the issue.


Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
avatar
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3382
Join date : 2011-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum