SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by BlueJeans Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:54 am

Sadly this is the first time I havent been interested in a season and its got nothing to do with Sophie but everything to do with the OTT production and predictability.

Bachelor in Paradise will be fun but I can see this potentially being the end of the Bachelor series in Australia soon.

I cannot get into any of the contestants this season except for James. But we've watched this show so many times now that the audience can already see he won't be the winner. People can predict who's going to win, who's going to be the "dark horse", the "villain", the "fan favourite". It's just boring now.

BlueJeans

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:13 am

@BlueJeans ITA. Like you said it has nothing to do with Sophie or even the contestants really, it's just too played out, scripted, and predictable to me and the lack of SCs and a Season Preview makes it even more boring hmmm

This year is the first year I haven't been invested in Aussie seasons. It's a real bummer because its been my favorite franchise. TPTB need to get back to basics imo and stop with the US over-production. But I won't hold my breath sad
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Emayem Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:29 pm

Absolutely agree with these sentiments. I haven't missed a single episode of any Australian season since it started, and was looking forward to watching Sophie as I knew she would bring a lot more personality than the last few chosen leads. Yet I missed the first two episodes completely and haven't had any desire to go back and watch.

I remember finding this forum during Blake's season, and was seriously impressed by the sleuthing, it made following along the series so much more fun. Fast forward to now, and the story lines are so predictable, the characters are so predicable, the winners are shoved in our faces by the Daily Mail before the season even starts, contestants social media activity during the filming schedule is too accessible, even dating app profiles are there for the world to see who doesn't win. There are minimal screencaps to sleuth or discuss, or any attempt to cast doubt on who the F1 may be (or if they do it is completely transparent...). I can't get invested. Matty's season in particular has really soured the franchise for me.

Emayem

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:26 am

Is it just me or did georgia love have the hottest group of men! Poor poor Sophie her guys are just too young, I really only like James and Luke, Apollo is great but way too young ... Anyway hopefully these intruders tonight are better in the look department, she needs more silver foxes imo Hugesmile
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by stoneleigh Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:08 am

LeapofFaith wrote:Is it just me or did georgia love have the hottest group of men! Poor poor Sophie her guys are just too young, I really only like James and Luke, Apollo is great but way too young ... Anyway hopefully these intruders tonight are better in the look department, she needs more silver foxes imo  Hugesmile

That dating site seems to have ruled out Jarrod and social media seems to have ruled out James and Luke. I agree Apollo just seems too young but maybe we're wrong??

I definitely think there's a large chance that Stu could be F1 just based on the fact that every other contender seems to be ruled out already!!

Based entirely on the edit, I would think that it's James at this stage. Who knows!!

stoneleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:21 am

Emayem wrote:Absolutely agree with these sentiments. I haven't missed a single episode of any Australian season since it started, and was looking forward to watching Sophie as I knew she would bring a lot more personality than the last few chosen leads. Yet I missed the first two episodes completely and haven't had any desire to go back and watch.

I remember finding this forum during Blake's season, and was seriously impressed by the sleuthing, it made following along the series so much more fun. Fast forward to now, and the story lines are so predictable, the characters are so predicable, the winners are shoved in our faces by the Daily Mail before the season even starts, contestants social media activity during the filming schedule is too accessible, even dating app profiles are there for the world to see who doesn't win. There are minimal screencaps to sleuth or discuss, or any attempt to cast doubt on who the F1 may be (or if they do it is completely transparent...). I can't get invested. Matty's season in particular has really soured the franchise for me.
Good Post I agree with this entire post. I barely watched the last two episodes and feel like I missed nothing and what I did see was totally predictable to me and I enjoy everyone's posts far more than the show itself. The lack of screencaps/no Season Preview at all especially has made sleuthing a standstill since without any screencaps there's not much to sleuth. This year, Matty's season and now Sophie's season, have really made me completely uninvested in this show. Contrast to last year, no matter whose "team" one was on, I think the investment of audiences was much higher and I for sure was more invested in those seasons. This year I find myself trying to get invested but can't. I miss all the past seasons of this show. Yep, even Blakes... sad

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:21 pm

I think I am morning the loss of The Bach AU. This year has been a complete let down. I’m sorry to say, a bad lead for The Bachelor, over the top social media, betting and scandals.

I mean, why bother watching when you can go to Sportsbet and at the touch of a finger know who the winner is. It’s boring, predictable and not the same as it used to be. Even general viewing public has clued onto early date, limo entry and music. I’m looking forward to BIP but if they want that to continue moving forward they need to seriously invest and rethink The Bach and Bachette formats.
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:00 pm

Sundy wrote:I think I am morning the loss of The Bach AU. This year has been a complete let down. I’m sorry to say, a bad lead for The Bachelor, over the top social media, betting and scandals.

I mean, why bother watching when you can go to Sportsbet and at the touch of a finger know who the winner is. It’s boring, predictable and not the same as it used to be. Even general viewing public has clued onto early date, limo entry and music. I’m looking forward to BIP but if they want that to continue moving forward they need to seriously invest and rethink The Bach and Bachette formats.

I agree. I finally watched an episode last night so I could post my thoughts based on the show and not hearsay. Men dressed up as school boys to prove to Sophie how much they love her didn't do anything for me.

I have also read media articles. Today I read Sophie stayed in a resort in Thailand that cost nearly $9,000 for a week. And she went away with her bestie who is a male. In my opinion it will be a tough ask for a normal, everyday male to keep Sophie in the manner she is accustomed to.
Stu Laundry fits the bill of her perfect man except for one tiny problem. He is married. He wanted to reconcile with his wife and that's why he isn't divorced. One thing for sure the rumours about Sophie getting married at the end are false if Stu wins.

On FB most of Sophief's fans are outraged at the men originally chosen for Sophie, except they do almost unanimously like James. James can't stop smiling, but who would if you had textbook teeth like he does. James is nice but IMO Sophie would get bored with him very quickly. So this leaves Luke, who I'm sorry reminds me of Fred Gwynne (Herman Munster).

Many posts on FB are saying the addition of the older men are a good thing for 'poor' Sophie. Two have been culled and AJ and Stu remain. People seem to be warming to Stu as he is older and mature, opposite to the childish behaviour of the original men. I can't help but wonder if this has been TPTB ploy all along. Someone mature is better for Sophie, even if Stu is the furthest thing from an every day man than you will get. Oh and I have I mentioned . . . he is married !!!

To me one thing is certain. The winner of the bachelorette is Sophie Monk. The show has revived her career.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:14 pm

Great posting @Storybook!  :claphands

I definitely think TPTB planned all along to have Stu come in later on. It's all so predictable and obvious to me. I also agree that the winner is Sophie and her career has been revived. No one goes on TV unless they either want fame/opportunities or want more fame/opportunities - no exceptions imo. Finding love is just the icing on the cake. Whether Soph has found lasting love or not (regardless of what she says in media) remains to be seen. Even though I hope for one and watch for a love story on the show, I don't watch this show with an expectation that a lasting love story will come about post-show. The odds are stacked against them imo considering the F1 and lead only spend ~24-36 hrs together total in the entire season!! (and most of that with crew and cameras around). Plus, what are the odds of finding the "one" out of 18+ guys when it's not like they're the only guys on the planet (albeit the show makes it seem that way). Ultimately it's a TV show with an unrealistic premise of one person dating multiple people simultaneously in the hopes of finding true lasting love. That any of them may find love is a miracle imo. If Soph has found love and it works out for her in the long-run, awesome. If not, it is what it is.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:58 am

All I can say is, if Stu is F1 which is definitely looks like he will be now that we have the full Sportsbet story, good luck to Sophie winning over his FOUR teenage daughters.  When he arrived on the show someone asked him if his kids were happy about him being on the show and he said "let's say yes" (read: NO).  YIKES!

Sophie seems fantastic with kids but teenage girls are an emotional minefield and the thought of being step mother to four of them would be very challenging, IMO, especially if they didn't want Dad going on the show in the first place. Stu does seem very keen to have more kids though (and after four, why not go again!) so if nothing else, Sophie may get that that baby she's after and a man who knows what to do with a screaming child at 3am.  laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:00 am

Sundy wrote:I think I am morning the loss of The Bach AU. This year has been a complete let down. I’m sorry to say, a bad lead for The Bachelor, over the top social media, betting and scandals.

I have to agree. I think I mourned it during Matty's season and realized then that the show would likely no longer be the same. I think that's why I look at Sophie's season the exact same way I look at the US shows, where I watch and sleuth and don't take the show seriously. To me, the Aussie shows are now like the US shows, especially with Sportsebt and the OTT media and complete predictability of the show. I am keeping my expectations very low for BIP Aussie so I don't get disappointed because if anything BIP US made the other US Bach/Bette shows even worse imo. I'd love it if the Aussie shows went back to how they used to be but I fear that since the US now produces the Aussies shows that won't happen sad
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by romance realist Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:02 pm

I agree with you all.
The show has no romance or suspense any more.
Unless I can invest in someone over the course of the program, the show doesn't hold my interest.
Even following a fave to the dreaded F2 spot beats indifference.
I liked the earlier daggy format more than this more controlled approach.
There is no reality left in this reality TV show.
Stu may be an interesting character (Not for me though), but they have met, and could have hooked up outside of the show.
Same for Matty and Laura.
Despite Sophie being a good lead, I haven't even watched all of the episodes this season, so low is my interest.
I suppose I will get more books read in the future, that's something. deadhorse

romance realist

Female Posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+12
AEF
romance realist
Storybook
stoneleigh
LeapofFaith
Emayem
BlueJeans
SugarAndSpice
Idlemess
Sundy
Bobette