SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 24 of 77 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 50 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 24 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by spangler Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:22 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:So do we know for sure that the guy is the next bach or has it been announced?

I don't think I will be able to understand the dude, but if he can tame that hair, he may be ok to look at....LOL

Considering it starts Wednesday and the girls had gone into lock-down around the time this news was "leaked", I would say it's very likely to be Nick. The Daily Telegraph wouldn't have broken the story without doing proper checks with Nick's management, or else they would look stupid for publishing lies and would gain the same reputation as NW, No Idea and Woman's Day.

spangler

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 24 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:52 pm

spangler wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:So do we know for sure that the guy is the next bach or has it been announced?

I don't think I will be able to understand the dude, but if he can tame that hair, he may be ok to look at....LOL

Considering it starts Wednesday and the girls had gone into lock-down around the time this news was "leaked", I would say it's very likely to be Nick. The Daily Telegraph wouldn't have broken the story without doing proper checks with Nick's management, or else they would look stupid for publishing lies and would gain the same reputation as NW, No Idea and Woman's Day.

They wouldn't dare touch the hair!  It's part of his look.  If they're going to take Nick on, they're going to want to take him exactly as he is IMO not try to preen and polish him into the usual Bach Lead image.  Not saying he couldn't use I trim though...

I agree with @spangler that the fact that the news came from Daily Telegraph makes it almost guaranteed.  DT and CH 10 are owned by the same media organisation, so whatever they publish is almost as "official" as coming from TPTB themselves IMO.

The Woman's Day thing is also interesting - they often have "exclusive" Bach photoshoots so I think they have close links to TPTB as well although their stories are more waffly IMO.  I don't buy the mag.  Has anyone seen today's issue?  Is Nick in it?

If filming starts this week I guess we can expect some pap photos pretty soon - YAY!  The sleuthing side of things is fun for me no matter who the Lead is so I'm looking forward to that. yes  @AllAboutLove will you be sleuthing this season?  

If not, @GuardianAngel would you please be able to set threads up for the girls when we find out who they are? TYIA.  As you say, @spangler, the girls must be on lockdown so SM silence will be a clue to their identities.  Good fun can't wait to start.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:26 pm

My son works at Myer and when I told him about Nick he said he knows him because Myer sell Tradie underwear.

Nick is no stranger to the TV camera https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZJU1YfLtHI&app=desktop

Although I know the meaning of most of the Aussie colloquialisms he uses, I know of no one who speaks like this, and I grew up on a farm. His language certainly isn't 'my cuppa tea'

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:34 pm

I was just reading this story at news.com.au referring to Nick's speech as "the biggest gamble" of his casting. I agree it could be an issue but surely he must have more depth and be able to communicate on a "normal" level or TPTB would know there's no way this will work.  IMO he won't be able to speak like that during the show.  

I'm sure he'll throw a few Badgerisms in, but I don't think he'd speak like that in real life all the time.  IMO he's exaggerated his manner because he's done a lot of post-show interviews and snippets of TV where one-liners are funny and get attention. This is a different kind of show that will require him to "get real" and not be so superficial. 

It does occur to me though that he seems way more popular with Aussie males who watch sports than he is with the ladies.  Maybe they should have changed the show to a bromance special centred around him finding a new best mate, taking them on "dates" to Bunnings and the local pub.  Now THAT would be unique entertainment! laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:43 pm

I'm sure Nick must've had at least one meaningful conversation with his girlfriend of five years. And maybe he is so heartbroken over their breakup he is doing the show to find love. But the farce this show has become as far as being a ratings winner for Channel 10, I can't help but believe Nick is on the show to further his career and nothing more. Of course, I'm happy to stand corrected.

My son said Nick will be funny and real. And I agree with him. So for pure entertainment value I think Nick will do well.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:39 pm

HOLD THE PHONE

A new contender has emerged.

'Everyone has been frothing over him!' Reports AFL hunk Josh Gibson 'is set to become the next Bachelor' after rumours Nick 'The Honey Badger' Cummins was slated to join show

It was reported over the weekend that rugby union player Nick 'The Honey Badger' Cummins was set to be Austrralia's next Bachelor.

But Monday's NW magazine, has claimed that it's actually AFL hunk Josh Gibson who will take the title, with producers 'frothing over him'.

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 24 HHLJpVP

Josh recently gained a huge following after appearing on Channel Ten's I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!.

A spy was said to have told NW magazine: 'Talk around Channel Ten is that he's in the pipeline to be the next Bachelor.'

'Everyone has been frothing over him since he appeared on I'm A Celeb - he's a catch!' the source went on to say of the 33-year-old's appeal.

Daily Mail Australia has reached out to Josh and Channel Ten for comment.

NW's claims follow The Sunday Telegraph's reports that rugby union player Nick 'The Honey' Badger Cummins is slated to become the next Bachelor.

The news source alleged that the 30-year-old beat out rumoured favourites Cam Cranley and Jason Dundas for the plum role.

Nick, who has played in the rugby sevens and for the Wallabies, was previously thought to be out of the running, due to his five-year romance with Norwegian artist Martine Thomassen.

However, it has since been reported the pair have ended their relationship, which has led the way for the elite athlete to be signed to the Channel Ten show.

LA-based television presenter Jason Dundas, 35, and Perth firefighter Cameron Cranley, 28, were also previously reported to be in the running for the title of Bachelor.

Matty Johnson, who chose Laura Byrne on last year's grand finale episode of The Bachelor, told Now To Love earlier this year, that his money is on Cam for the win.

'I'm thinking surely by now they've got the person locked in,' the 30-year-old said.

'If I had to put money on someone it would be Cam Cranley from my season,' Matty added.

Source

What the heck is going on.  rofl
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:46 pm

Storybook wrote:I'm sure Nick must've had at least one meaningful conversation with his girlfriend of five years. And maybe he is so heartbroken over their breakup he is doing the show to find love. But the farce this show has become as far as being a ratings winner for Channel 10, I can't help but believe Nick is on the show to further his career and nothing more. Of course, I'm happy to stand corrected.

My son said Nick will be funny and real. And I agree with him. So for pure entertainment value I think Nick will do well.

Could not agree more. This show is becoming more and more like 'Unreal' with every season. Quite obvious he's going on it to kickstart his media career rather than find a girlfriend. But he'd certainly not stand for a lot of the dramatic females who have recently graced the screen laugh out loud

spangler

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:49 pm

This is crazy. laugh out loud Great way to keep people interested.
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:54 pm

spangler wrote:This show is becoming more and more like 'Unreal' with every season. Quite obvious he's going on it to kickstart his media career rather than find a girlfriend. But he'd certainly not stand for a lot of the dramatic females who have recently graced the screen laugh out loud

ElonM wrote:This is crazy. laugh out loud Great way to keep people interested.

I honestly think they'd get better ratings if they filmed what goes on behind the scenes and aired that rather than the actual show.  It must be CHAOS!  Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 24 3806527698

I'd love a "real life" Unreal.  Art imitating Life imitating Art....   dizzy
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:05 pm

This Nick guy looks legitimately revolting to me. I just could not picture any of these girls being into him, and I definitely wouldn't watch.

Josh on the other hand eyedrool (Any intel on what he's like? I'm just gonna assume a guy who's that good looking is probably a player laugh out loud)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:11 pm

Hawaii Girl wrote:This Nick guy looks legitimately revolting to me. I just could not picture any of these girls being into him, and I definitely wouldn't watch.

Josh on the other hand eyedrool (Any intel on what he's like? I'm just gonna assume a guy who's that good looking is probably a player laugh out loud)

Josh plays AFL (Australian Football).  I watch zero sport, so that means nothing to me.  He was recently on Aussie I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.  I didn't watch that either but others may be able to fill us in on his personality.

Wiki page here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Gibson_(footballer)

His cultural heritage links to Barbados and he lives in Melbourne.

Apparently he was "romantically linked" to one of the girls on IACGMOOH but after he got voted out he said they were more like brother/sister... possibly because he'd been approached to be on the show?

IDK.  If Daily Telegraph and Woman's Day are both saying Nick, I'd believe that over Daily Mail (quoting New Weekly) saying it's going to be Josh.  They're pretty far down the media intelligence food chain IMO.

Last edited by Bobette on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:12 pm

@Bobette I will definitely be sleuthing bestbud!   For any possible contestants, please post in the Possible Contestants thread. Once contestants are confirmed, individual threads will be created for them. Just tag me with my full username just in case I miss it in a post  yes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 77 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 50 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+32
Loulou
Katiebelle
ThankMeLater
Idlemess
Norcalgal