SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 28 of 77 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 52 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 28 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Dirty Street Pie Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:46 pm

Bobette wrote:
Sprite wrote:Again??? Is this going to be the new thing in casting for this show? Bring on people who know one another prior to the show? 

Listening to that interview was painful.

IKR?  If he acknowledges her when they "meet" on night 1 then fair enough (Australian cities are tiny compared to the US and most Aussies would have experienced one-degree-of-separation).

BUT! if he pretends he's meeting her for the first time then yes I think it could be another pre-planned F1.  Or maybe it will "come out" later in the series and cause drama with the other girls.  

Either way, it's been done before and I was hoping for something different from this season. hmmm

Oh man, I really hope this isn’t going to be Toni May 2.0! My care factor will be less than zero if this season goes with the “here’s one we prepared earlier” narrative that the last 2 have had
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 28 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:15 pm

Sundy wrote:
Storybook wrote:I agree Nick doesn’t seem aware of what being the Bachelor entails. And the way he tried to speak seriously was cringeworthy to me. It’s as through he was reading off the auto-prompt as he seemed fake. I have serious doubts he can carry off anything other than being a bogan. And this does not interest me in the slightest.
I have to say he makes Richie seem eloquent
Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 28 3806527698 I was thinking the exact same thing (Nick making Richie seem eloquent) laugh out loud  He also reminds me of a more unkempt Richie the hair etc).

I'm keeping my expectations very low for Nick as a lead and for his season. I do expect it to have really good ratings, but other than that, I feel like since Sophie's season, and with Nick as a lead, the show has changed and is more scripted feeling, celeb-driven, and drama filled than ever. I just hope there's no married F1 or an F1 that the lead already met/knows pre-show. I'm thinking most of the women will be cast for BIP, just like Sophie's cast were, so hopefully there won't be too many cast for drama, but I won't be surprised if so dizzy
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:03 pm

Sundy wrote: I have to say he makes Richie seem eloquent

Sundy, you hit the nail on the head yes

'Nick is a top bloke, he has a heart of gold and one Aussie woman will be so lucky to have him' are the main comments on the Bachelor Australia FB.

BUT and this is a huge BUT, I wonder how will Nick come across when he can't use his famous 'one liners' and Aussie idioms. Last night on the Project I saw a man who struggled to string a sentence together. He is loved for being a bogan, and if he can't be this person then I wonder how the fans will react.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by LiboLRC Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:02 am

Unpopular Opinion this maybe the most hyped I've been for a bachelor in a while

LiboLRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:14 am

Interesting.  Cam has been quoted saying he was never even approached to be Lead.  Hmmmmmmm.....

He was widely tipped to be this year's Bachelor.

But Cam Cranley has revealed he was never approached for the role, which this week went to rugby union player Nick 'Honey Badger' Cummins.

Speaking to Nova on Friday, the former Bachelorette contestant claimed he wouldn't have gone on the show anyway because he was 'seeing someone'.

Source

Also an interesting perspective on Nick from someone who worked with him at the Rio Olympics:

The Bachelor returns in 2018 with 'Bachelor in Paradise'

I SPENT four days with the Honey Badger — aka Nick Cummins — at the Rio Olympics in 2016.

The former rugby star has signed up as the next Bachelor Australia, and if the success of celebrity Sophie Monk as the Bachelorette is any indication, his inclusion will be an absolute ripper.

I already knew Cummins was a bit of an enigma (me being a huge rugby fan and all) but often wondered whether it was all staged, or whether what we saw and heard was totally legit.

So when the host who invited me to Rio’s opening ceremony said Cummins was going to be one of my fellow travellers, I couldn’t press the ‘Yes I’d love to’ response fast enough.

Apart from his command of Aussie slang and larrikin spirit, there are a few juicier things I learnt about the man.

So to the dozen women gearing up to be part of the reality dating show — and at the mercy of its producers and editors — here’s a few things you need to know about the Badge.

Firstly, let me tell you he is completely genuine.

Cummins told me it was from his dad that he plied his talking trade. And it comes as easy to him as the Queen’s English and talking ‘Strayan’ comes to the rest of us.

Aware of where his bread was buttered — he was in Rio, a major ambassador for sports brand Oakley — the tall, cheeky, charming and perennially smiling sportsman was never seen out of their merch.

Even when we went to watch a volleyball game on the sands of Rio beach, he took nearly everything else off to get a few rays, but he never, ever took off the signature designer specs.

And man, he is tall. But then, I am not. So wherever he goes, those curls, his height and expertly toned physique always command a room. Or a stadium.

Even though it was a zillion degrees, day and night, he would still exercise each morning. Anyone not partial to the odd workout should withdraw their application. Stat.

But that’s just the external Honey Badger.

The thing about Cummins is he’s recognised all around the world. Just walking into the opening ceremony stadium, he was inundated with people wanting selfies and interviews.

I didn’t realise former Wallabies were so famous in Brazil.

So, budding bachelorettes, be prepared for the attention. (Ha, what am I saying? Of course they are!)

Cummins is partial to a bevvy, and we shared many Skol beers and caipirinhas — Brazil’s national drink — during our time together. Which, of course, will come in very handy as he deciphers the drink-of-choice of prospective young women who will be paraded in front of him during the show.

Cummins seriously adores women — and most humans in fact — and is nothing but respectful and protective towards them. See the size of him? Every time I was with him I felt like he was a big bear protecting me on those wild streets of Rio.

OK, before you think I went all cougar on him, never fear! There was nothing. Zippo.

Cummins was like my young, funny, perpetually-adventurous but also very thoughtful younger brother. He has empathy and compassion, he’s always up for a challenge, is partial to a big feed and has some brilliant one-liners.

And he listens. We had good and solid conversations, not just the ‘Gee, you look bewdiful!’ crapola.

He’s also like a living, breathing Action Jackson figure, and even after our time in Rio, he was off to either Chile or Africa or somewhere naturally exotic for some more adventures — usually with his GoPro attached to some part of his body.

Cummins isn’t prone to smartypants, designer-clad people. The more natural the better. To him, being strong — mentally and physically — is sexy.

You will be pleased to know that Cummins isn’t always ‘on’ or sitting back creating his next funny piece of rhyming slang.

During one dinner, he was incredibly philosophical and deep — without going all Tony Robbins on us — and I always got the feeling he was still searching. Searching for either love, the next adventure or another adrenaline rush similar to what he would always get on the rugby field.

For example, we had been told not to go out by ourselves at night — and were even issued wristbands in order to get back through security into our hotel.

One night, after coming back to our hotel, which was not far from the famous Ipanema Beach, we played hookie and six of us ended up at a bar just down the road.

It was pretty tragic to be honest. Just a few Olympians who had already crashed out of their sport, a few exotic ladies plying their very popular trade and a whole lot of Brazilian blokes boozing. Umm. Yay. Party.

We had a beer as we all sweated at midnight in the searing heat, and we were back at the hotel in about 15 minutes and upstairs on the top for the hotel near the pool having another beer.

So whoever is the young woman Cummins ends up ‘choosing’ on his Bachelor tenure, she better be ready for lots of obscure and bloody exciting adventures, because there’s no way this guy is going to end up with a chick who wants to slump on the lounge with a constant stream of Uber Eats deliveries and Netflix binges.

Needless to say, it just wouldn’t have worked out between us. (If I was allowed to insert an emoji here, it would be that predictable ‘winking’ one.)

Good luck Nick. I’m sure you’ll see the Bachelor line, pin back your ears and end up bagging a bit of meat in the corner, which will be tops!

(Apologies for taking license with just one of your incredibly memorable rugby lines.)

Go forth bro!
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:07 am

Sundy wrote:
Storybook wrote:I agree Nick doesn’t seem aware of what being the Bachelor entails. And the way he tried to speak seriously was cringeworthy to me. It’s as through he was reading off the auto-prompt as he seemed fake. I have serious doubts he can carry off anything other than being a bogan. And this does not interest me in the slightest.
I have to say he makes Richie seem eloquent

I totally agree. I just can't with his hair and me not being able to understand half of what he says doesn't help his cause any either.
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:23 am

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:18 pm

Who is this guy? Is he a reject from another season? What happened to that hunk of a man, Cam? I thought he was going to be the lead.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:58 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:Who is this guy?  Is he a reject from another season?  What happened to that hunk of a man, Cam?  I thought he was going to be the lead.  

Cam says he wasn't directly approached, and was seeing someone at the time so would have turned the offer down anyway.  Not sure I believe that.  People who know him (e.g. Matty, who now works for Ch 10) were saying they thought he was doing it, and there was even talk of his brother coming on board as a "double bachelor", which seems too random not to have some truth to it.

Nick is... interesting.  I could be totally wrong but he reminds me of someone who was shy or awkward as a kid so developed a "class clown" persona to get laughs and fit in, and has carried that over into adult life.  He's an accomplished rugby player and has become famous in AU for giving funny/quirky after-match interviews.

He's not from any other season but has been in front of the camera quite a bit on commercials and presenting gigs here and there.  He should in theory be full of energy and comfortable in front of the camera.  I'm just not sure how his manner will translate to Bach, where TPTB call the shots.  He might end up being a watered down version of himself.

I'm also not sure how well Nick will be received by overseas viewers.  Even AU viewers may need subtitles for some of the stuff he comes out with.  He has a cult following here but if he's not allowed to be himself on the show, he may find this loses him some fans which would be a shame since overall I think he's probably a decent guy.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:08 pm

And so it begins! Story in the DM saying that Nick has been forced to have a TV makeover so that the girls will find him more attractive, the proof of which will be when we start getting some footage from filming. Will he still have the mo, or not?

Which will be followed in the upcoming weeks with stories from the early evictees that all the girls were disappointed, and expecting it to be Cam laugh out loud I've been watching this show too long!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5516381/Bachelor-Nick-Cummins-threatens-quit-forced-makeover.html
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:13 am

offtopic I know this thread no longer relates to Cam but thought members would be interested to know that Cam needs FACIAL RECONSTRUCTION SURGERY after being bashed on Friday night!  Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 28 297491761

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5517159/Cam-Cranley-undergo-facial-surgery-KING-HIT.html

Now if he'd been cast as Lead... he would have been safely locked up in the mansion. Talk about Sliding Doors...

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 28 Ofm3TAZ

Source

ETA: Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 28 1f62e

Source

Last edited by Bobette on Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:11 am

Bobette wrote:Video of intros:

Daily Mail are saying this girl gets first one-on-one time:  She seems to know him, or at least know who he is IMO.  I see lots of enthusiasm on both sides here.  Another pre-selected F1 perhaps??? question

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 28 V2JCQVG

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 28 FKFpEqr

Source

Just throwing this out there but I'm wondering if the woman in green might be his ex?  If it was an amicable split maybe she put in an appearance to wish him well.  Also maybe to clarify to the viewers that he didn't dump her to go on the show.

The article says he seemed "familiar" with her, and she was first out of the limo (maybe to put him at ease?).  Wish I'd posted more pics before she made her IG private. Hair length is different to the pics we have of her but profile is similar IMO.

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 28 TvIIDzT

Source

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 28 TpGjfmbBachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 28 ZjcZUlj

Source
He has a Willie Aames from the 80's tv show Eight is Enough tv show, kind of feel and yep, totally dated myself there:

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 28 Willie1
https://alchetron.com/Willie-Aames

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10788

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 77 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 52 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+32
Loulou
Katiebelle
ThankMeLater
Idlemess
Norcalgal