SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 68 of 77 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 72 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 68 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Sprite Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:51 pm

Storybook wrote:I am not a fan of the Bachelor being turned into a comedy show. Admittedly Matty J was as boring as watching paint dry, but adding in laughs to draw in viewers is going to the other extreme. Nick seems like a genuine guy, and I'm sure the show will further his career, but finding love (which the show is supposed to be about) is something I doubt will happen. I am going against popular opinion (which I did with Sophie) when I say I don't find anything in Nick that makes me want to watch the show. With regards to his video, to me he comes across as subdued and scripted.

I don't know. I watched that and to me he seems pretty sincere. True I prefer a romantic type Bachelor season, but above all I like someone who is authentic and is true to themselves. While he may not end up finding anyone, I do think he went into it open to the possibility and that is all I can hope for. If in the process he makes me laugh a bit, I'm good with that...even if he doesn't end up with anyone.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 68 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:27 pm

Sprite wrote:
Storybook wrote:I am not a fan of the Bachelor being turned into a comedy show. Admittedly Matty J was as boring as watching paint dry, but adding in laughs to draw in viewers is going to the other extreme. Nick seems like a genuine guy, and I'm sure the show will further his career, but finding love (which the show is supposed to be about) is something I doubt will happen. I am going against popular opinion (which I did with Sophie) when I say I don't find anything in Nick that makes me want to watch the show. With regards to his video, to me he comes across as subdued and scripted.

I don't know. I watched that and to me he seems pretty sincere. True I prefer a romantic type Bachelor season, but above all I like someone who is authentic and is true to themselves. While he may not end up finding anyone, I do think he went into it open to the possibility and that is all I can hope for. If in the process he makes me laugh a bit, I'm good with that...even if he doesn't end up with anyone.

I agree @Sprite. IMO, romance comes in many forms and means different things to different people. Nick may surprise and give us a very romantic season, just not in the way the audience is used to.

True romance stems from sincerity and he has that in spaces IMO. It's just unfortunate that, IMO, he probably didn't find love with the girls on the show. If so that's on the casting team, not him, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:10 pm

I didn’t mention the word romance, only love, but by definition the two usually go together. I don’t donbt there will be some tender scenes, although I admit I have trouble picturing them. I willingly stand corrected when I say I do not believe Nick found love on the show. Do I believe he went on the show to find love? No, I don’t. Why would someone who seems to attract attractive women go on a TV show he knew nothing about, to find his happily ever after? So his motives for me remain questionable.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:01 pm

Why does anyone go on the Bach/ette?  All of them want something out of the experience.  But Australian shows have a good strike rate of finding love, so I believe they cast people that are open to the process.

Also, I wonder what he means by “unconditional”?   By making that a condition of his perfect woman, isn’t he being hypocritical laugh out loud

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:04 pm

This is very strange. I wonder if something happened and he became adamant on not being shirtless. I agree with @Sprite, he came across very genuine in that vid.

I'm so intrigued now. Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 68 3806527698 It has been a very strange season right from the beginning when they announced him!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:16 pm

Previous to Sophie Monk the franchise was IMO about finding love. The winner in Sophie’s season was herself. IMO she never had any intention of finding that down to earth Aussie guy. Nick’s show has followed Sophie’s precedent in having a big identity person to be the lead. To me this is about one thing - getting ratings. Nick has come along for the ride, willingly but blindly by all reports. I think the show has changed focus to rate well and forget finding love.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:46 pm

IMO Sophie was absolutely in it for love, but the quality of the guys cast let her down.  There was no-one seriously there for her and she was a pro about that.  I hope that’s not the same for Nick.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:14 pm

Sophie had a few decent, ordinary guys, Jarrod loved her for one. But she chose a married man with children and who was very wealthy. Their relationship was a sham from the start. Sophie is still single but her career is going well.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:32 pm

The Bachelor, The Bachelorette and Survivor among shows facing the axe in 2019 as it's claimed Channel Ten's US owners CBS were 'observing for a year' and will soon 'intervene'

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:09 am

Bobette wrote:
The Bachelor, The Bachelorette and Survivor among shows facing the axe in 2019 as it's claimed Channel Ten's US owners CBS were 'observing for a year' and will soon 'intervene'

Source

I am confused ? What does it mean cbs will intervene? Bugger no more Aussie bach! That would suck
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:44 am

Yeah "intervene" is an interesting choice of words.  Like TPTB are Bach addicts.  laugh out loud  Ch 10 have hit back, denying the claims:

Channel Ten has hit back at reports claiming The Bachelor, The Bachelorette and Survivor were facing the axe in 2019.  

On Saturday, an insider claimed to News Corp the network's owners, US media giant CBS were 'reviewing' the future of a string of shows believed to be 'too similar to each other' or under-performing in the ratings.

And despite slipping 12.9 per cent in year-on-year audience share from 2017 to 2018, significantly more than Nine (8.2%) and Seven (1.9%), Ten's Chief Content Officer Beverley McGarvey slammed the claims as 'naive, false and total nonsense.'

'To claim Australian Survivor, The Bachelor Australia, The Bachelorette Australia, I'm A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! and Pointless are under review is total nonsense,' she told Daily Mail Australia.

So they're probably just trying to drum up some hype. I find this comment pretty amusing though:

The network head honcho also addressed reports the futures of The Bachelor and Bachelorette were in jeopardy for being 'too similar.'

'The new season of The Bachelor Australia, with Nick 'Honey Badger' Cummins, starts on 15 August and it is set to be a fantastic season,' she said.

'While the new season of The Bachelorette Australia with Ali Oetjen will follow later this year. The claim that we think the shows are too similar and that there is only room for one is naïve and false.'

She essentially just said they won't be similar because Nick's season will be fantastic and Ali's season... won't... be.  rotfl

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:55 am

Wow! We'll have to keep a close eye on all that.

Too funny choice of words describing the two seasons! Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 68 3806527698

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 68 of 77 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 72 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+32
Loulou
Katiebelle
ThankMeLater
Idlemess
Norcalgal