SELECT CONTENT

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

Page 30 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 30 Empty Re: Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

Post by albean99 Thu May 09, 2019 10:09 am

@Kashathediva I'd forgotten that. It was Henry I didn't care for but they tend to pick old fashioned names.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 30 Empty Re: Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

Post by Norcalgal Thu May 09, 2019 10:56 am

Jaybird wrote:@GuardianAngel
I also heard today on a somewhat nerdy podcast where the guy really knows his history  giggling that there was a cousin? with the Mountbatten surname that was killed in WW2 , he said assassinated by the IRA while serving. Kind of makes sense that Harry would honor a wartime relative given his own devotion to military service.

Lord Louis Mountbatten was supposedly the favorite uncle of Prince Charles and a beloved royal relative. He was a naval officer during WW2, and was appointed head of all Pacific-Asia naval operations for Britain and later worked in India to unite all the separate states - forming both the modern-day India and Pakistan countries. He was killed by an IRA bomb in 1979. This is the Louis from hence little Prince Louis supposedly got his name. This is all from memory - it pays to be old enough to remember the great WW2 heroes and then the IRA bombings. I was in Edinburg Castle in 1974 when we had to immediately evacuate due to an IRA bomb threat. It is VERY hard to run downhill on cobblestones!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybird Thu May 09, 2019 2:13 pm

@Norcalgal wow, that's a cool story!

my grandmother is still kickin' today at 106, so she was already a teenager when Queen Elizabeth was born Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 30 1176891977 crazy! It is fascinating to hear some of her stories about growing up pre-WW2 and see pictures with her friends literally sporting flapper dresses. They were pretty snazzy!

Jaybird

Female Posts : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Thu May 09, 2019 8:39 pm

Aww he's precious. :cutiepie Very interesting name too!

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 30 8367-910 Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 30 I_got_13 Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 30 E5kqdm15 Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 30 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11960

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu May 09, 2019 9:25 pm

Thanks for all that info! It sounds like you all had more history going back even
further!

I didn't see any of that. I kept seeing this;

t was therefore declared in the Privy Council that The Queen's descendants, other than those with the style of Royal Highness and the title of Prince/Princess, or female descendants who marry, would carry the name of Mountbatten-Windsor.

This reflected Prince Philip's surname. In 1947, when Prince Philip of Greece became naturalised, he assumed the name of Philip Mountbatten as a Lieutenant in the Royal Navy.

The effect of the declaration was that all The Queen's children, on occasions when they needed a surname, would have the surname Mountbatten-Windsor.
https://www.royal.uk/royal-family-name

Is Prince Philip's last name Mountbatten?
While the royal family was known as Windsor when Elizabeth was born, she decreed in 1960 (after taking the throne in 1952) that her descendants would take the hyphenated Mountbatten-Windsor last name—to incorporate her new husband Prince Philip's Mountbatten family surname.

@Norcalgal I went to Italy in 1975 and I'll never forget landing in Rome, getting into the airport, which was lined with armed military everywhere! Those were trying times with the IRA's activities along with hijacks and plane bombings all across Europe.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat May 18, 2019 4:53 pm

Lifetime Is Making Another Movie About Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Mark your calendar for Memorial Day, May 27 at 8 p.m.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/arts-and-culture/a26471837/lifetime-harry-meghan-becoming-royal/

yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:33 pm

There are more pics in the link! They went to a MLB game Yankees vs Red Sox, first game to be played in Europe.

Meghan Markle Makes Surprise Appearance at Baseball Game With Prince Harry...and Archie Gets Gifts!
Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 30 Rs_1024x689-190629102243-1024-prince-harry-meghan-red-sox.cm.62919

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 30 Rs_634x1024-190629101024-634-meghan-markle.cm.62919

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 30 Rs_634x1024-190629102241-634-meghan-markle-prince-harry-33.cm.629191

https://www.eonline.com/ca/news/1053267/meghan-markle-makes-surprise-appearance-at-baseball-game-with-prince-harry-and-archie-gets-gifts#photo-1015215

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:09 am

She looks so good for just having a baby! Love it. Also her reactions to the baseball onesies were cute.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 30 8367-910 Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 30 I_got_13 Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 30 E5kqdm15 Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 30 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11960

Back to top Go down

Post by provenceguy Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:54 pm

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 30 Harry10

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 30 010

I got a thank you for sending a congratulatory card for baby Archie!
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1863

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:00 pm

@provenceguy wow that's fabulous!! thumbsup

Where did you send the card?

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:57 pm

provenceguy wrote:Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 30 Harry10

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 30 010

I got a thank you for sending a congratulatory card for baby Archie!

That is so fantastic. Wow very impressive!
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:05 am

I bet they crashed at Ben and Jessica Mulroney's place. laugh out loud

Duke and Duchess of Sussex in Canada for the holidays

https://www.cp24.com/news/duke-and-duchess-of-sussex-in-canada-for-the-holidays-1.4739469

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

+44