SELECT CONTENT

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

Page 20 of 65 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 42 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 20 Empty Re: Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

Post by ReneeM Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:11 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
ReneeM wrote:Is this really a civil rights issue? It's a f*cking enews article. Jmo.

It is a pattern, then again, as a white woman I will defer to the opinions of others with more experience with this than me.
I'm a black woman and I find this ridiculous and the reaction is super OTT for what was done. Does everyone in bachnation need to now also publicly defend Rachel and shame E? I've seen people on other platforms now saying Jojo and Kaitlyn need to stand up for Rachel. Wut? Were her rights infringed on because she doesn't have a picture of her and her fiance in an article that literally means nothing?. Should this "unprofessional" intern that runs their SM account be fired for not posting Brachel or following them? Let the fans b*tch and moan about this and be mad in the comments. IMO it should be beneath any of these couples to truly care.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 20 Empty Re: Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

Post by sdmom Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:16 pm

@Mommyof2 yes 

Their bias is definitely showing. IMO it’s not an oversight, racism or not , very unprofessional 

This is what they posted to congratulate her engagement. No Bryan, just Rachel in her wifey shirt.
https://instagram.com/p/BXhETtvAlFc/

What did they post two days later? 6 pictures of f2.
https://instagram.com/p/BXio7K9gHkF/

Last edited by sdmom on Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:19 pm

sdmom wrote:@Mommyof2 yes 

This is what they posted to congratulate her engagement. No Bryan, just Rachel in her wifey shirt.
https://instagram.com/p/BXhETtvAlFc/

What did they post two days later? 6 pictures of f2.
https://instagram.com/p/BXio7K9gHkF/

That is a bit odd. I guess they were #TeamPeter. laugh out loud
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:29 pm

ReneeM wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
ReneeM wrote:Is this really a civil rights issue? It's a f*cking enews article. Jmo.

It is a pattern, then again, as a white woman I will defer to the opinions of others with more experience with this than me.
I'm a black woman and I find this ridiculous and the reaction is super OTT for what was done. Does everyone in bachnation need to now also publicly defend Rachel and shame E? I've seen people on other platforms now saying Jojo and Kaitlyn need to stand up for Rachel. Wut? Were her rights infringed on because she doesn't have a picture of her and her fiance in an article that literally means nothing?. Should this "unprofessional" intern that runs their SM account be fired for not posting Brachel or following them? Let the fans b*tch and moan about this and be mad in the comments. IMO it should be beneath any of these couples to truly care.

But, if Rachel is sensitive to the issue, as she said on her season, then things like this will further cement her sensitivity. I so agree that not everything is racially motivated, but I also understand the sensitivity.

And maybe it is Bryan that they are diss'ing, which would make her equally mad.

And maybe it was just an oversight and Rachel is being too sensitive, but I can't blame her for being upset. Claire gets a picture, seriously? I liked Claire best with the rodent on BIP. laugh out loud Or was it a bird, can't remember.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:31 pm

Clare's raccoon!! laugh out loud
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoa Kisses Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:33 pm

@ReneeM As a black woman myself, I can see your point but it’s not a one time thing. You have a media outlet that only chose to included photos of Caucasian couples and excluded Rachel and Bryan (the first POC lead and her F1) and Taylor and Derek. IMO, you don’t see it as a bigger issue? As others have mentioned this isn’t the first time enews has displayed this type of behavior but this is the first time Rachel has addressed it. Why does she have to accept it and let it slide this time? IMO, when you don’t address this type of behavior then people think it’s acceptable. Granted it’s only enews but to some it’s still a “TRUSTED NEWS SOURCE”. IMO, I also doubt it’s an intern running the page. They put up quite a bit of content on their page that gets seen and liked by tons of people.

Cocoa Kisses

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:39 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:Clare's raccoon!!  laugh out loud

Yes, thank you, raccoon...the best couple of the season. laugh out loud
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:40 pm

But Enews posts plenty of photos and articles of non-Caucasians? If this was some widespread issue that includes all people of color and not just a few Bachelor franchise people I could see this as an issue.

All JMO

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 20 87b72b10 Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 20 86669110 Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 20 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:44 pm

@Cocoa Kisses If it's really racial, then get mad on SM for sh*t that actually matters. There's an abundance. I've also noticed Rachel's conspicuously less outspoken about controversial things than she was before. Out of all the racial injustices in the world, I'm supposed to care about this? Nah.

You know what, since the start of the year, E's only posted one picture of Drake & it's from when he was a baby. Justin Bieber gets posted like every single week, SO many pictures of Justin Timberlake, and Ansel Elgort and other lesser celebrities. They're also always posting celebs at sporting events, Drake was recently at a pretty big Raptors game, looking like a snack and acting like a fool in the best way possible, totally SM worthy, and E didn't post him to their Instagram, you know what, Rachel has it right #BoycottE! #AllIGPicsMatter #JusticeForRachel #JusticeForDrake.

Last edited by ReneeM on Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:47 pm

IMHO Rachel has the right to be upset about this, as other posters have pointed out, this isn't the first time. It's not the biggest issue in the world, we all know it, Rachel didn't claim it is. But it's an issue, and imho she's not at all ott with this. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:53 pm

I wonder if it's Bryan they don't like? I get that since I'm not a fan but do think it would have been better to have pics of all the couples if you're going to have some of them. I get why Rachel would be mad but don't think the Instagram post is a big deal. I didn't even realize that Taylor was bi-racial until after BIP so what do I know? giggling

I kind of doubt they're showing their bias but they should have thought about it before putting it out there, imo.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:55 pm

At this point I just wanna know when the march is. We have to protest and shed light on this injustice! #AllCouplesMatter giggling

PS: this sarcasm is towards Rachel not other posters

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 65 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 42 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

+87
Fleurdesel
provenceguy
mbl
chasus71
gurlbrit