SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 78 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 78 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Mon 15 Oct - 6:53

Dirty Street Pie wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Question for those who are Aussies regarding locations in Australia...what are the perceptions on different parts of Australia? Meaning, if a guy is from Sydney, vs Melbourne vs Perth vs other locations, etc. Is there a type of cultural (location-wise) vibe that each city has? I'd suspect even within those cities there can be differences but overall do most Australians view the main locations and the people there different, like with the show where the guys are from etc? question
There are a few stereotypes that go for each city, but TBH they’re not really legit, it’s more that all the big cities sort of have a rivalry with each other. And in the cities themselves there are rivalries between areas, like you can see with Matty and Laura being so proud of being from the eastern suburbs. 

Melbourne is supposedly all hipsters, Sydney - beach goers who are obsessed with real estate. Adelaide is generally everyone’s punching bag and is ridiculed for being sleepy and 20 years behind the rest of Australia (I’m allowed to say that because I live here laugh out loud ) Most people from Perth consider that they are not even part of Australia,and are VERY proud of being from WA, and don’t really give a toss about the rest of the place. Brisbane, I don’t really know. In the past was probably just considered a less crappy version of Adelaide with better weather, but is probably considered better than that now.

IMO, generally Sydney and Melbourne have a pissing contest with each other over who is the best, and don’t really hava a good opinion of anywhere, so if Ali chooses a guy from Melbourne or Sydney, he would expect her to move to him, while a guy from elsewhere would still probably not move to Adelaide laugh out loud but would be more willing to move to Sydney or Melbourne for her, or have her move to him

Thank you @DSP  bestbud! I can see Melbourne as hipster and Sydney beachgoer Bondi types (very stereotypical but using that for this show and the types of guys they usually have style/crowd wise a bit). Seems like the contestants from those locations are seen as being "in". I kind of dig that Perth are proud and doing their thing laugh out loud  

There's lots of paps and media/tv in Sydney and Melbourne so it definitely seems a different vibe than someone from Perth per se.  Just makes me wonder considering most of the guys from Perth just seemed more laid back overall so I wondered if that is more a Perth thing? Just seems like their vibe is more laidback overall or not as image focused as Sydney or Melb?  question

Taite has said he is open to moving and in interviews I read/watched Ali said someone to move to Adelaide. I was thinking Melbourne but she may want to stay where she is. She works for the Mix station there so she could easily relocate I'd think if she wanted to. Taite banks so he could move easily I'd figure too. That's if they make it that far but Taite's the only one I could see working in the real world  Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 78 4256136633
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 78 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Mon 15 Oct - 7:03

Bobette wrote:@AllAboutLove - JMO here but in general I think the stereotypes are: 

Melbourne boys are regarded as hipsters/arty/alternative and Sydney boys more professional/expensive taste/wealthy (they kind of have to be - NSW property prices and rent are INSANE) and perhaps a bit more uptight.  QLD has a reputation for being more laid back, party boys, lots of glitter & glam bordering on tacky (cf the term "Brisvegas").  

Ali's homestate of SA is generally regarded as a backwater (said with love - I live here laugh out loud).  Many people move East in their 20s and then move back in their 30s to buy a house and settle down because Adelaide is affordable and family-friendly.  The downside is everyone knows everyone here.  I could certainly believe Ali has "been through" all potential local suitors. 

WA is so far away from the Eastern states it's almost like a separate country - literally almost half the land mass but very isolated, ditto the NT and central Australia.  Tasmania is absolutely beautiful with a lovely small town community feel but barely worth mentioning in this context because I don't think there's EVER been a Bach contestant.
Thank you  bestbud! That makes a lot of sense and coincides with DSP's post. Definitely seems like there are some differences with the contestants via location that appear on the show. Makes sense why contestants from WA aren't always like the typical Sydney/Melbs contestants. 

Looking at at WA's Todd, Cam, and even Richie as a contestant they all seemed more outdoorsy or quirky a bit or not as polished and not alpha at all. Could just be who they cast but as contestant they seemed like they have a more genuine vibe. Perhaps living where paparazzi isn't a thing nor society stuff like Syd/Melb have plays a role in that - like they're not as into being IG influencers like the contestants from Syd/Melb. Makes them a bit more 'real' if one will.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Mon 15 Oct - 7:49

The hive mind is at work again @Bobette, although I think your description for Brisbane is a bit better than mine laugh out loud
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon 15 Oct - 7:52

Bobette wrote:
Storybook wrote:Apologies for butting into the conversation  Smiley , but I came across and interesting article on Ali breaking her silence on her poor rating show. https://celebrity.nine.com.au/2018/10/15/06/13/the-bachelorette-ali-oetjen-breaks-silence-following-shows-worst-ratings-ever

Ali has posted a photo of herself on Instagram, sitting in a swing chair with a look on her face that is hard to describe. Her look, together with the words she posted, confirm to me Ali lives in oblivion to the real world.

Absolutely agree @Storybook - she's in La La Land IMO.  She reminds me of a Stepford Wife.  

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 78 KU8AQBU

Source

via GIPHY

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 78 HTNgGjL

Source

I wonder if she's different behind closed doors but somehow I suspect not.  It's really quite bizarre.  dizzy

She looks like she's stoned and flying high.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon 15 Oct - 9:10

I just can't get over the line "I used to put a ceiling on my joy so that people would feel more comfortable around me!"  Bit of a contrast to her demeanor in her texts to Grant:

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 78 3O3lRsO

Source

Personally I find the "I know I messed up and I hate myself for it" Ali far more real/likeable than the "I'm just so happy and high on life it makes people uncomfortable!!!" Ali. Rolling Eyes no no
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Mon 15 Oct - 10:03

@AllAboutLove Georgia and Lee are so Melbourne, Tara Queensland, Luke, Matty J and Laura Sydney. Easiest way I can put it

Last edited by Sundy on Mon 15 Oct - 11:39; edited 1 time in total
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Mon 15 Oct - 11:39

I’m having such a hard time reconciling this season. It’s not sitting right with me so far. The narrative is a fairytale and the F1 is uninspiring and a bit of a yuck at the moment. He is not getting a great edit and on more than one occasion has been grouped with the ‘bad’ boys. Even in the promo the words blindsided and own advantage feature a clip of the F1. I think TPTB are either trolling the F1 for the F2s advantage, we are yet to see the good in the F1 and the fairytale or we have the wrong F1 (I think that’s a long shot but I’m not discounting it). Sportsbet is also bugging me. Can someone please go back to Lee and Richies season and let me know what their F1’s max bets were at this point of the season. $50 seems high to me. Maybe I’m just trying to make a boring season interesting
Sundy
Sundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon 15 Oct - 12:15

Sundy wrote:I’m having such a hard time reconciling this season. It’s not sitting right with me so far. The narrative is a fairytale and the F1 is uninspiring and a bit of a yuck at the moment. He is not getting a great edit and on more than one occasion has been grouped with the ‘bad’ boys. Even in the promo the words blindsided and own advantage feature a clip of the F1. I think TPTB are either trolling the F1 for the F2s advantage, we are yet to see the good in the F1 and the fairytale or we have the wrong F1 (I think that’s a long shot but I’m not discounting it). Sportsbet is also bugging me. Can someone please go back to Lee and Richies season and let me know what their F1’s max bets were at this point of the season. $50 seems high to me.  Maybe I’m just trying to make a boring season interesting

It feels to me like they're willingly sacrificing this season for the sake of the Bach 2019's backstory.  I think they knew the audience wasn't going to be rooting for Ali and don't care whether she finds love or not so they're throwing both her and Taite under the bus to bolster Todd's edit for IMO his own season next year.

I think Taite is the logical choice for Ali. Have you seen his red carpet? Absolutely dripping with F1-ness IMO and much better than either Bill or Rob's so I see no reason not to show it other than they didn't want to detract from Todd's triumphant entrance and/or to hide their connection, so Todd's dumping is even more of a blindside.

I don't think Todd is right for Ali or vice versa, but IMO they're going to do everything they can to make it look like she's made the WRONG choice.  Osher saying are you SURE, Taite being shown in a poor light (grouping him with the bad boys, teasing Ben, editing the trailer to imply he's not there for the right reasons etc.)

Ali is going to get absolutely savaged after the finale IMO but I don't think they care one iota.  Feed her to the wolves like they did with the Badger and on they go to the next lot.  Re: Sbet I agree $50 is a high max bet but not excessive like Nick's $1000 anomaly so I think they're just trying to encourage punters to spend big.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon 15 Oct - 18:49

Thank you @Sundy bestbud! IA about those contestants and repping their locations  Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 78 4256136633

Re the fairytale, I think that's about Todd prince charming so the fairytale isn't for Ali so much the storyline is for Todd and like MattyJ about heartbreak only to get his fairytale ending later on (as lead possibly). Taite has had far less media and push especially from the show but I do see some good via BetteAU Twitter where they showed Ali's reaction and things to Taite as a positive. 

O/T about edit. They could still edit Taite with a good edit but I've noticed the show alternates the lead's edit each year... 
S1/Sam - her edit with her F1 was pushed over the F2/Michael  *Lead and F1 preferenced*
S2/Georgia - her edit with F2/MattyJ was pushed over the F1/Lee  *Lead and F2 preferenced*
S3/Sophie - her edit with F1/Stu was pushed over the F2/Jarrod *Lead and F1 preferenced*
S4/Ali - I expect her edit with F2 (Todd imo per sleuthing) to be pushed over F1/Taite (per sleuthing/SB) *Lead and F2 preferenced*

For seasons where the fan favorite is F2 then that always will impact the lead. Often the fan favorite is either F1 or non-F2 (meaning F3,  like Richie/F3 was). As long as the fan favorite is not in FRC then the lead gets a HEA edit and ending and usually better SM push by the show and media. 

Tying into SM/Media: there's a definite push by the show and media for their fan favorites which coincides with the edit. If a frontrunner has good sm/media overall by the show and is let go before F2 then it's more likely that the lead gets the HEA if the F1 is liked (Richie/F3 - liked, Michael/F2 - not liked, Sash/F1 - liked = HEA). When it's the opposite and a frontrunner gets pushed sm/media like MattyJ did and he is in F2 then the lead inevitably gets backlash. 

Sometimes even if the F1 is liked, if the F2 is liked more that will tip the scales for the F2. So far Taite has either been hidden or gotten some good sm about him (per BetteAU twitter). So even if the edit or SM isn't bad, just by purely being less liked than the F2 I can see I can see F2 being preferenced.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Tue 16 Oct - 3:45

Maybe their edit of Taite is to align with Ali's past of always going for the bad boy? That's all I can think of... Or they want one of the guys for The Bachelor next year (since the celebrity thing clearly doesn't work) and so instead of making the finishing couple look good, they are just gonna promote the guy they want as Bachelor to try and improve their brand-name, considering how it's taken a bit of a hit with the very vocal and angry fans of the last season.

spangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue 16 Oct - 4:08

spangler wrote:Maybe their edit of Taite is to align with Ali's past of always going for the bad boy? That's all I can think of... Or they want one of the guys for The Bachelor next year (since the celebrity thing clearly doesn't work) and so instead of making the finishing couple look good, they are just gonna promote the guy they want as Bachelor to try and improve their brand-name, considering how it's taken a bit of a hit with the very vocal and angry fans of the last season.

I think you're absolutely spot on @spangler.  

@AllAboutLove and I are already convinced they want Todd for the 2019 Lead.  Lots of supporting evidence on his thread here and I would include Taite's invisible-one-minute-bad-boy-the-next edit as evidence also.  :yes:  

If that's not their plan, I have absolutely no idea why they're presenting Taite in this way unless they literally hate Ali because, unless his edit takes a dramatic shift, he is NOT going to be a popular choice, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Tue 16 Oct - 5:03

Well hello. Could have saved themselves a lot of grief if they just followed what we had said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6280093/Did-Nick-Cummins-destroy-Bachelor-franchise-forever.html

Sundy
Sundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+27
limoncello
AEF
spangler
Agent99
Storybook
stuckinsc
Enough
Mommyof2
LoveDovez
Linds911
Idlemess