SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins & Jessica Clarke Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins & Jessica Clarke Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ben Higgins & Jessica Clarke Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by notarose Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:03 pm

mprssdbyu wrote:Anyone seen this? Problem is, you can't unsee it! WTH?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdoFdqHHHIn/?hl=en&taken-by=higgins.ben

Was he that hairy on the show question ... asking for a friend Ben Higgins & Jessica Clarke Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 3 2498057887

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins & Jessica Clarke Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ben Higgins & Jessica Clarke Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:36 pm

I'm so glad I'm not a bath tub. Especially a hotel bath tub. But then I guess being a hotel toilet could be worse.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:50 pm

When I saw the pic I thought what the hell is up with him. He's turned into a weirdo. As much as I enjoyed his season and liked him and Lauren together I knew he was probably not the best choice for lead because imo he was to young and immature to be wanting to settle down. I don't care for the Ben I see now at all. jmo
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4293

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:00 pm

Jolena wrote:When I saw the pic I thought what the hell is up with him. He's turned into a weirdo. As much as I enjoyed his season and liked him and Lauren together I knew he was probably not the best choice for lead because imo he was to young and immature to be wanting to settle down. I don't care for the Ben I see now at all. jmo

@Jolena,
Ben is being a young, handsome guy having fun. IMO, he is entitled to do that as long as he's not intentionally hurting anyone. I agree, it's too soon for him to be married and I am happy for him that they figured it out before getting married and moreso, before having children.

Lauren appears to be fine. She's a girl who knows what she wants and how to get it and like most women close in age to men, she was always more mature.

Ben has got plenty of time to marry. Easily another ten years. Meanwhile, he should have a good time figuring it out and IMO, he will. JMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:59 pm

Cjr0204 wrote:I absolutely respect that opinion about Ben - however my issue is this is something he absolutely should have figured out before
he was the bachelor because whether he intended to
or not, women were hurt in the process - Lauren and Jojo to Anne a couple. His ex Shaelin (who imo knew him well and is still really close to this friends ) told mags she knew he wouldn't marry his choice because he had so many more years to put himself out there. Whether you like Lauren or not, she was crucified on social media for the very things Ben is doing now because he portrayed himself to be someone who wanted to settle down to a quiet life in Denver and have someone who would do mission work. So even though Lauren (and Jojo) "appear" to be okay, imo a lot of damage was done that I don't know we will ever really understand from the outside looking in.

@Cjr0204,
IMO apparently it was being The Bachelor that taught Ben that his original goals for his life and marriage are not what he wants. I can see he is someone different than people/fans initially thought he was so, it makes sense if people don't like who he seems to be now and that is understandable, IMO.

I certainly do not dislike Lauren - I admire her because she appears to have done what real women who take responsibility for themselves do, which is move on, IMO.

Here is what I know from the outside looking in or, anywhere else...
Young women and young men (older ones too) get their hearts broken, every day, all the time. AFTER that happens, they find out who they are and what they are made of, IMO. I don't feel sorry for them and I don't respect anyone who sits around too long feeling sorry for themselves. Life and love are amazing but, sometimes painful since the beginning of time so, they are not special snowflakes. It is a colossal waste of time to be sidelined by heartache so, I commend Ben and all the other players who are figuring it out as long as they never intentionally hurt anyone. JMO

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:56 am

I am 100% sure, that Ben had his doubts about getting married before he signed the dotted line to do HEA, yet ge still persuaded Lauren to do it, and the public humiliation and heartbreak was just wrong. He's free to live his life, do what he wishes, but him claiming to want to settle down in Denver, he was not ready, and Lauren got crucified for not wanting that life, when it was Ben all along. It was hard for Lauren to settle with Ben, when he was not ready. All Imo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:18 am

Cocoasneeze wrote:I am 100% sure, that Ben had his doubts about getting married before he signed the dotted line to do HEA, yet ge still persuaded Lauren to do it, and the public humiliation and heartbreak was just wrong. He's free to live his life, do what he wishes, but him claiming to want to settle down in Denver, he was not ready, and Lauren got crucified for not wanting that life, when it was Ben all along. It was hard for Lauren to settle with Ben, when he was not ready.  All Imo.

I'm sorry. Lauren does not look like the victim you describe and I do not believe she is, IMO. Not even a little bit. She appears to have handled her fame and resulting 1.2M Insta followers who support her shilling and income, just fine, IMO.

https://www.instagram.com/laurenbushnell/?hl=en

Zero sympathy for a great girl and a job well done. JMO

Last edited by Chgohighlife on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : imo)

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjr0204 Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:37 am

I agree Lauren is a great girl and I'm not saying Ben is a bad guy. I'm glad too, after all of this as you point out, she is able to make a living. In Kaitlyn's podcast, Lauren admitted that her self esteem had taken a hit from the daily abuse by trolls, like thinking maybe she needs a nose job because of the multiple comments picking apart her looks. Heartbreak and emotional abuse are two different animals and I do think she is still healing from it - all jmo.

Cjr0204

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:44 am

Cjr0204 wrote:I agree Lauren is a great girl and I'm not saying Ben is a bad guy. I'm glad too, after all of this as you point out, she is able to make a living. In Kaitlyn's podcast, Lauren admitted that her self esteem had taken a hit from the daily abuse by trolls, like thinking maybe she needs a nose job because of the multiple comments picking apart her looks. Heartbreak and emotional abuse are two different animals and I do think she is still healing from it - all jmo.

I respect your opinion. IMO, public people are subjected to public response. The public buys and makes money for you. The public criticizes and hurts your feelings. Lauren decided to be a public person and she reaps the benefits so, she suffers the downside. IMO, Always a two way street. She also appears to follow the adage "the best way to get over a man is to get under another one". IMO, she found Ben's replacement in record time and he's a cutie. No harm. No foul. Free Ben. JMO

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by North Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:14 am

Chgohighlife wrote:
Cjr0204 wrote:I agree Lauren is a great girl and I'm not saying Ben is a bad guy. I'm glad too, after all of this as you point out, she is able to make a living. In Kaitlyn's podcast, Lauren admitted that her self esteem had taken a hit from the daily abuse by trolls, like thinking maybe she needs a nose job because of the multiple comments picking apart her looks. Heartbreak and emotional abuse are two different animals and I do think she is still healing from it - all jmo.

I respect your opinion. IMO, public people are subjected to public response. The public buys and makes money for you. The public criticizes and hurts your feelings. Lauren decided to be a public person and she reaps the benefits so, she suffers the downside. IMO, Always a two way street. She also appears to follow the adage "the best way to get over a man is to get under another one". IMO, she found Ben's replacement in record time and he's a cutie.  No harm. No foul. Free Ben. JMO

Two clarification questions -

1) What is considered "record time?"

2) "Free Ben" from what? Or, "Free Ben" as in he's now a free man (and can do what he wants)?

Thanks.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:49 am

North wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:

I respect your opinion. IMO, public people are subjected to public response. The public buys and makes money for you. The public criticizes and hurts your feelings. Lauren decided to be a public person and she reaps the benefits so, she suffers the downside. IMO, Always a two way street. She also appears to follow the adage "the best way to get over a man is to get under another one". IMO, she found Ben's replacement in record time and he's a cutie.  No harm. No foul. Free Ben. JMO

Two clarification questions -

1) What is considered "record time?"

2) "Free Ben" from what? Or, "Free Ben" as in he's now a free man (and can do what he wants)?

Thanks.

1) Two months is considered by most to be record time for a new exclusive relationship after a broken engagement, IMO.

http://people.com/tv/lauren-bushnell-new-boyfriend-two-months-after-split-ben-higgins/

2) Free Ben as in, let him live his life. He is a young man, not even 30. He broke an engagement. No one died. JMO

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:06 am

**** This is a discussion thread where all comments that are on topic are allowed - positive, negative, or neutral. If members want to criticize, compliment, snark, etc, that is their right to do so. We don't tell others what to post or imply in any way what others should or should not post. No one is prohibiting Ben from living his life merely commenting their thoughts which is within forum rules. Please keep posts on topic and not in any way towards other members. Thank you ****
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins & Jessica Clarke Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

+61
Tiggerlgh
veg_out
ule101
lipsis
HavaDrPepper