SELECT CONTENT

DeAnna Stagliano - Bachelorette 4 - Discussion

Page 25 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DeAnna Stagliano - Bachelorette 4 - Discussion  - Page 25 Empty Re: DeAnna Stagliano - Bachelorette 4 - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Thu May 29, 2014 4:27 pm

This is all new to me! I get claustrophobic just looking at it. I suppose it must be a benefit to babies if it works.

Thanks for enlightening me!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

DeAnna Stagliano - Bachelorette 4 - Discussion  - Page 25 Empty Re: DeAnna Stagliano - Bachelorette 4 - Discussion

Post by dw_a_mom Thu May 29, 2014 5:27 pm

atem wrote:I heard that swaddling your baby is how to calm them down as it is like being in the womb?  

That is the theory. It is also pressure, like a hug.

Regardless of why, very young babies clearly like it.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu May 29, 2014 6:50 pm

My grandson was born 3 weeks early and the dr says it's like he is in constant fight or flight mode, plus he has reflux.
If he is not restrained tightly he flails all 4 extremities --and cries and cries. It is a whole rigamarole getting this one to bed. He has a night show sound machine and an entire routine to help put him in "calm" mode. Naps---dear god.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu May 29, 2014 7:23 pm

Kashathediva wrote:My grandson was born 3 weeks early and the dr says it's like he is in constant fight or flight mode, plus he has reflux.
If he is not restrained tightly he flails all 4 extremities --and cries and cries. It is a whole rigamarole getting this one to bed. He has a night show sound machine and an entire routine to help put him in "calm" mode. Naps---dear god.

Poor baby! And poor you too! That must be exhausting!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu May 29, 2014 7:36 pm

Awee poor baby Kasha. That sounds so miserable for him.

I certainly don't want to compare babies with dogs, but I have two shih tzu's that are scared out of their minds of thunder and firecrackers. After reading about the benefits of swadelling, in the back of my mind I thought how could I swadel them laugh out loud

I have tried everything, even bought thundershirts for them. The only thing I discovered that helped, and only out of a fluke, is I had an il divo CD in my laptop, during a long weekend of fireworks combine with distant thunder, I turned it on. They literally in a few minutes relaxed and it wasn't long before they fell asleep.

Maybe your precious grandbaby would benefit from that.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu May 29, 2014 8:07 pm

The kids have been in the process of moving and I had baby duty last night. (for the second time in 2 weeks)
After the first tour I came down with the worst upper respiratory infection I can remember in 20+ yrs. Most probably from being run down and I was almost feeling better until my second tour of duty today.  no  I was literally in tears this evening from feeling so poorly.
He is such a sweet lil boy, cutest dimples and dark ginger hair, but has the hardest time falling and staying asleep. I held him in my arms in bed from 2:30 -6:30 this morning and I can't even begin to describe naps. Where is the shoot me in the head emote?

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Thu May 29, 2014 9:24 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Awee poor baby Kasha. That sounds so miserable for him.

I certainly don't want to compare babies with dogs, but I have two shih tzu's that are scared out of their minds of thunder and firecrackers. After reading about the benefits of swadelling, in the back of my mind I thought how could I swadel them laugh out loud

I have tried everything, even bought thundershirts for them. The only thing I discovered that helped, and only out of a fluke, is I had an il divo CD in my laptop, during a long weekend of fireworks combine with distant thunder, I turned it on. They literally in a few minutes relaxed and it wasn't long before they fell asleep.

Maybe your precious grandbaby would benefit from that.

I have a new puppy (in addition to 2 other dogs). He wasn't ready to go to sleep with the rest of us. I don't know what made me think of it, but I put him next to me, and played guilty dogs videos on youtube. The first night, he fell asleep during the second video, the second night at the end of the first video, and by the 3rd night, starting closing his eyes when I started playing the first video.

I don't think he liked watching dogs acting guilty, so he closed his eyes once he figured out what was coming.  laugh out loud 
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Thu May 29, 2014 9:28 pm

Kashathediva wrote:The kids have been in the process of moving and I had baby duty last night. (for the second time in 2 weeks)
After the first tour I came down with the worst upper respiratory infection I can remember in 20+ yrs. Most probably from being run down and I was almost feeling better until my second tour of duty today.  no  I was literally in tears this evening from feeling so poorly.
He is such a sweet lil boy, cutest dimples and dark ginger hair, but has the hardest time falling and staying asleep. I held him in my arms in bed from 2:30 -6:30 this morning and I can't even begin to describe naps. Where is the shoot me in the head emote?

Oh Kasha, that's tough. I put my boys in vibrating bouncy seats for naps. I would turn off the vibration once they were asleep, but if they started to stir, I turned it back on.

Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri May 30, 2014 1:29 am

Kashathediva wrote:There are some babies that can't relax enough to go to sleep without it.
My daughter has to wrap my grandson up as if he is criminally insane. First goes a special swaddle that rivals any straight jacket I have ever seen. Then over that goes the merlin magic suit. I'm telling you this baby makes Jack Nicholson look calm and serene.
Here is the merlin weighted magic suit. This is NOT my grandson.
DeAnna Stagliano - Bachelorette 4 - Discussion  - Page 25 James_Merlin-235x300

We use weighted blankets with autistic kids too. The weight combined with them being tucked in so to speak, helps them to calm. It is like a big hug for those who don't always enjoy being touched. Similarly, I went to the dentist last week and had to get X-rays done. They put on the leaded vest and I almost fell asleep. They really do work.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri May 30, 2014 4:54 am

Bet2Win wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:The kids have been in the process of moving and I had baby duty last night. (for the second time in 2 weeks)

Oh Kasha, that's tough.  I put my boys in vibrating bouncy seats for naps.  I would turn off the vibration once they were asleep, but if they started to stir, I turned it back on.

We use that rocking mom a roo for naps, but when all else fails we use the on mommy and grammy in bed approach. He is 3 months now. The kids moved yesterday; my son-in-law stated this weekend is the cry it out approach!!

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri May 30, 2014 10:04 am

Kashathediva wrote:
Bet2Win wrote:

Oh Kasha, that's tough.  I put my boys in vibrating bouncy seats for naps.  I would turn off the vibration once they were asleep, but if they started to stir, I turned it back on.

We use that rocking mom a roo for naps, but when all else fails we use the on mommy and grammy in bed approach.  He is 3 months now. The kids moved yesterday; my son-in-law stated this weekend is the cry it out approach!!

Oh dear! That will be difficult. sad

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppermom Fri May 30, 2014 10:50 am

Hugs to you and the grandbaby Kasha! Hope he improves soon.

Tough times don't last, tough people do.  Life is a journey, not a destination.
Peppermom
Peppermom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DeAnna Stagliano - Bachelorette 4 - Discussion

+82
Newto
veg_out
Norcalgal
sosleepy
jen689