SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 49 of 51 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 49 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Chgohighlife Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:41 am

havadrpepper wrote:I spent some time looking at a map of the area where the FRC was in the Maldives. Comparing the photos on ABC's website to the map, I think I have located the general area.  It wasn't as out in the open as it seems but it wasn't totally secluded either. I think the tourist that got the photos lucked out being in the right area at the right time and they just might have had a pretty good zoom on their camera.

Revealing Garrett as the winner has given tptb the opportunity to work on improving his image and showing the positive points of their relationship so that Becca’s decision has more time to become acceptable and people feel they were ‘meant to be’, IMO. It sickens me to see how many people don’t know the difference between conservative philosophy and a man low enough to support racist, sexist, homophobic views. There is an audience segment that will find him to be a superhero, IMO. And then there are many of us who feel like I do - 
1) she isn’t and never was who she claimed or
2) she doesn’t know who she is or
3) real life will eventually result in detox or
4) love is blind/conquers all especially since he seems willing to mea culpa his way to acceptability
 Only time will tell. JMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 49 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by SFoster Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:01 am

Chgohighlife wrote:
havadrpepper wrote:I spent some time looking at a map of the area where the FRC was in the Maldives. Comparing the photos on ABC's website to the map, I think I have located the general area.  It wasn't as out in the open as it seems but it wasn't totally secluded either. I think the tourist that got the photos lucked out being in the right area at the right time and they just might have had a pretty good zoom on their camera.

Revealing Garrett as the winner has given tptb the opportunity to work on improving his image and showing the positive points of their relationship so that Becca’s decision has more time to become acceptable and people feel they were ‘meant to be’, IMO. It sickens me to see how many people don’t know the difference between conservative philosophy and a man low enough to support racist, sexist, homophobic views. There is an audience segment that will find him to be a superhero, IMO. And then there are many of us who feel like I do - 
4) love is blind/conquers all especially since he seems willing to mea culpa his way to acceptability
 Only time will tell. JMO

:yes: You're using too many big words for Garrett, he won't understand. Anyway, he doesn't care, cos he be "gone fishin". Be back next week. laugh out loud

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:25 am

None of these people are perfect.
None of these people are what we think they are.
This is a TV show that is HIGHLY PRODUCED.

In the end Becca chose who she felt was the best person for her, not who we think is the best person for her. I am here to support that and not put her or him down because I preferred someone else.

JMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:28 am

SFoster wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:

Only time will tell. JMO

:yes: You're using too many big words for Garrett, he won't understand.  Anyway, he doesn't care, cos he be "gone fishin". Be back next week.  laugh out loud

But of course...there’s likely a tablespoon of survivalist mixed in. I’m having a nice day. No more...Garrett discussion. I feel bad for Becca but she’s not the first young woman to fall in love and then find out who’s really in there later and IMO she looks like she knows a bit about adapting. The press junket will be twist and shout. Rest up! JMO.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:34 am

havadrpepper wrote:None of these people are perfect.

In the end Becca chose who she felt was the best person for her, not who we think is the best person for her.  I am here to support that and not put her or him down because I preferred someone else.

JMHO

@havadrpepper I haven’t seen anyone put down Garrett because they think someone else was a better choice for Becca, at all. Did I miss it?

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:43 am

In the end Becca chose who she felt was the best person for her, not who we think is the best person for her.  I am here to support that and not put her or him down because I preferred someone else.

JMHO

Exactly, IMO. This is how it is every season, imo whether my values align with the lead and chosen or not. Embracing a cause or charity or making fun of a group of people, etc. have little bearing on my life. The couple will have to learn to deal with these things as any other before them.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:30 pm

I think you’re right, especially about the zoom @havadrpepper. I doubt that my cell phone could have done that. She had to have been far away because the producer walking towards her didn’t seem to see her filming. 

I imagine they’re going to be very prepared for the instagram questions. I may not have picked Garrett, or Blake for that matter, but I'm not Becca and don’t know these guys.

Last edited by albean99 on Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15295

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:31 pm

I think it’s valid to say that because of the diverse backgrounds of cast members many have their horizons expanded during their time together. Ben H has said that he hadn’t had much interaction with people outside his religious views until he was a cast member on Kaitlyn’s season. Garrett may very well have lived an insular life before being on the Bette and in the short span of filming may have begun to question his own views simply because of the new peer group.
For example, Jason said he was close to Garrett in the house so they likely talked about their respective families. Jason having a gay married brother could have been the first time Garrett was face to face with someone he had grown to like who advocated that particular lifestyle. That kind of first hand experience can shift a person’s thinking.
Whether Garrett is F1 or not, I do think the process potentially broadened his world as does any novel experience. His views may have ended up closer to Becca by the end of filming than they were when he stepped out of the limo.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:48 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:

JMHO

@havadrpepper I haven’t seen anyone put down Garrett because they think someone else was a better choice for Becca, at all. Did I miss it?

Imho, in every season, some contestants are put down in order to build others up. I am not going to details because I don’t want to open a can of worms. This is normal, and I don’t think this season is any different!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:51 pm

Sorry for the double post, but @notarose I totally agree with you!

I am always optimistic (cautiously) and hopeful for all the participants of the franchise. I like some better than others, but I never wish a breakup on the final couple or someone to fail just because I don’t like them.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by FMG2015 Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:35 pm

notarose wrote:I think it’s valid to say that because of the diverse backgrounds of cast members many have their horizons expanded during their time together. Ben H has said that he hadn’t had much interaction with people outside his religious views until he was a cast member on Kaitlyn’s season. Garrett may very well have lived an insular life before being on the Bette and in the short span of filming may have begun to question his own views simply because of the new peer group.
For example, Jason said he was close to Garrett in the house so they likely talked about their respective families. Jason having a gay married brother could have been the first time Garrett was face to face with someone he had grown to like who advocated that particular lifestyle. That kind of first hand experience can shift a person’s thinking.
Whether Garrett is F1 or not, I do think the process potentially broadened his world as does any novel experience. His views may have ended up closer to Becca by the end of filming than they were when he stepped out of the limo.
I completely agree and could very well see Garrett learning a lot from Becca and the people she's friends with. It's hard to admit but When I was younger I was slightly afraid of children and adults with special needs when I saw them in public. My school growing up wasn't all inclusive like schools are today. The children with severe disabilities were always in their own rooms with aids and teachers who taught them life skills and a different academic curriculum. It wasn't until I became an educator that I realized there was no reason to be afraid. Thankfully I now have those children in my general education classroom and have such a love for everyone no matter their disability. My parents never noticed my uncertainty so it wasn't like my parents made me feel this way, it was just a product of my lack of exposure to different people.

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by wishesfireworks Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:38 pm

Is it crazy that I'm already envisioning Beccett's wedding day? (Hopefully they will get there... I'm hopeful!)

This is on Becca for wearing a white/silver dress on the finale and Garrett looking handsome in black. giggling

wishesfireworks

Female Posts : 708

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 51 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+113
Stacia620
Just Looking
Amethyst
wishesfireworks
Fermont girl