SELECT CONTENT

Lincoln Adim - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AfterTheFinalRose - Lincoln Adim - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 12 Empty Re: Lincoln Adim - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:48 pm

You are right @Fangirl26. They've taken him out. I don't see him. He was there because this was posted May 17th from the Disney site. Now if you go to that source it takes you to the Disney gallery but he's not there. He's on the ABC site, but not on the Disney site.

Aunties_Love wrote:AfterTheFinalRose - Lincoln Adim - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 12 148893_1289-400x0

source

Fangirl26 wrote:@Sprite Okay thanks! I think I was looking at the wrong site: https://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/shows/the-bachelorette/photos/ ?? ....my personal opinion is that they should remove him or edit him out

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

AfterTheFinalRose - Lincoln Adim - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 12 Empty Re: Lincoln Adim - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Post by Maddy Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:40 am

A note: This week’s recap is somewhat delayed because A. I’ve been traveling but mostly B. I, like many, am having a hard time coming to terms with the news that one of Becca’s suitors was convicted of sexual assault. You can read my more complicated thoughts on that below:
AfterTheFinalRose - Lincoln Adim - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 12 Lincoln3
I’ve been stewing on this for days and I still don’t even know where to begin. This week, it came to light that Lincoln was convicted of indecent assault and battery for a sexual assault that occurred in 2016. In case you forgot, it’s currently 2018. This wasn’t something that happened post-filming. This has been on the record for two years. He was found guilty on May 21st - a week before the season even premiered - and it’s not like the show has given him an unfavorable edit in light of this information. ABC claims that Lincoln lied about having been accused of sexual assault (******** duh) and that the third-party background check company they used should be found at fault. Sure, fine. Blame the company if you want - and I do think that something this huge being left out of a background check warrants a thorough investigation - but I refuse to absolve ABC and The Bachelor of any guilt. Let’s not forget that this is the same show that has had its own producers sued for sexual harassment, the same show that sparked a national controversy and conversation about the very nature of consent, the same show that casts racists and abusive assholes and markets them as, at best, amusing dramatic “villains” and, at worst, suitable and even desirable life partners for women. Remember when they brought Becca’s terrifying ex on the show to surprise her and pretended like it was some kind of romantic gesture? I can’t begin to imagine how Lincoln’s victim (and, let’s be realistic, “victims” is likely a more apt descriptor, as this kind of behavior is often indicative of a larger pattern) feels watching him on TV, being celebrated as this handsome dude with a cool accent (which is how I thought of him after the first episode! Why wouldn’t I have?) who deserves a shot at love like anyone else. I can’t imagine how it feels to be Becca, watching yourself gush about and be kissed and touched by someone whom you now know is capable of assault. As a human woman who lives in America and has been alive for more than ten minutes, I know all too well how it feels to see a guy you know has been abusive to yourself or others be not only not rejected by your peer group, but actively embraced and praised. Allowing someone like Lincoln on this show is so enormously hurtful to so many people. The Bachelorette can be the super most fun, but I’ll be the first person to say that its problems are beginning to far outweigh the entertainment it provides. I feel sickened and slapped in the face, honestly. It makes me not want to watch this show anymore. It's a classic “guilty pleasure," but just how far is that guilt supposed to go? How much further will they push? How many more people will they endanger? Having someone who’s (now) a registered sex offender on the show is dangerous. What if Lincoln made it to the Fantasy Suites and spent the night alone with Becca? What if they got engaged? What if he had assaulted Becca, or, more realistically, gone on Bachelor in Paradise and assaulted someone there? (I say “more realistically” purely in a statistical sense - there are far more opportunities for assault when there are A. More potential victims strolling around and B. When the environment and opportunity for exposure is far less controlled than that of The Bachelorette proper.) Who should be held responsible? Obviously, Lincoln is the criminal here. He’s the one at fault. But I believe it’s ABC’s responsibility - morally speaking, if not strictly legally - to not expose their cast and crew to abusers and, equally importantly, not to expose America to abusive men and market them as acceptable life partners for women. It’s wrong. It’s so wrong. I’m thinking long and hard about whether it’s responsible for me to keep making lighthearted jokes about a show that so deeply troubles me. Do I have to stop watching altogether? I really don’t know. I’d love to hear any thoughts on this because mine are so muddled I barely know which way’s up anymore.
https://www.gracebarry.com/beccas-season/2018/6/14/power-ranking-the-bachelorette-guys-week-3
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl26 Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:51 am

@GuardianAngel Okay thanks! Wonder if they are going to take him off the ABC site?
Fangirl26
Fangirl26

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:47 am

Yup, he's still on the ABC site.

AfterTheFinalRose - Lincoln Adim - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 12 Captur13

https://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelorette/cast

@Maddy thanks for posting, great article, well said.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:28 pm

At this point I'd like to see him edited out of the remaining shows.  If needed a disclaimer could be shown at beginning/end of show to say why. I'm sure they could come up with enough inane footage of David or whoever to fill in the lost time.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:10 pm

IA, @pavalygurl.  The tough one to cut is the Beccaelection group date in epi 6.  David and Jordan will be gone, so the Lincoln/Chris  R.  vomit-rama during the debate and cocktail party is most of the mess, I think.

Maybe they’ll give us more of Jason’s 1-1.  Praying
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Well, maybe tptb finally dug their own grave.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:28 pm

I wonder if they will blot out his face on future episodes - so many different images come to mind.  :uptonogood
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:08 pm

@pavalygurl I hear your disgust... And @alwaystulips that’s exactly why I said that I cannot see how ABC would completely wipe him out... more likely re-edit a lot until he is sent home. That episode is basically a group date and the dynamics need to be shown to explain that he is eliminated.
Sorry to quote myself here... ( So many viewers are NOT following spoilers and they would need to explain a lot before the time is right.) Of course, MO. I think it’s gonna possibly give more air time to other men, like Jason and Wills, which I will be grateful for. That episode is the Jason 1st ID and maybe we’ll be lucky to see more of it than originally planned.
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:36 pm

@alwaystulips @Astrobach LOL, I had not even thought of more JASON time!!! I'm so sick of all the vile, mean spirited stuff that some of these guys are doing, I forgot about our own ray of sunshine. Yes, please God make it be so.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:43 pm

@pavalygurl Prepare to be looking at some ‘Freaking awesome’ stuff... :yes: giggling
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:52 pm

I agree. I think TPTB will keep the edit as much as possible off this controversy and accentuate the other men.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Lincoln Adim - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

+38
alwaystulips
Linds911
TheLurker
just me
pavalygurl