SELECT CONTENT

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - General Discussion

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - General Discussion  - Page 7 Empty Re: Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - General Discussion

Post by Mommyof2 Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:32 am

Good question. Most likely Arie, or the franchise would have presented the trip to them on ATFR. They don't do that anymore though. I remember a long time ago they used to give the couple an all expenses paid vacation. Jake and Vienna were suppose to go back to St. Lucia. I wonder if they ever went? laugh out loud
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - General Discussion  - Page 7 Empty Re: Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - General Discussion

Post by sdmom Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:19 am

Rachel and Bryan got a gift trip to Spain presented at AFTR.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by North Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:29 am

I've lived in both Barcelona and Iceland -- they will have an amazing time!!! Better food in Barcelona, for sure but better natural scenery in Iceland. Just IMO.

Speaking of final couple gifts from TPTB, didn't someone get camping gear? Or, a camping trip? Am I remembering that correctly?

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:39 am

Yes, North, someone got a tent...can't remember who.  

The Bachelor AFTR is all about the next lead...they don't do that at the B'ette AFTR, so maybe TPTB did gift it, and it wasn't part of the show because of the B'ette announcement.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:09 am

Bet2Win wrote:Yes, North, someone got a tent...can't remember who.  

The Bachelor AFTR is all about the next lead...they don't do that at the B'ette AFTR, so maybe TPTB did gift it, and it wasn't part of the show because of the B'ette announcement.

Jason and Molly got the tent that they had that "overnight tent date" in.

There have been some trips gifted at the ATFR to past couples but IMO they may not have been paid for by the show - maybe comped by the the travel promotion agency in a particular country or hotel as publicity. But since neither Iceland nor Barcelona were featured in any way during the season, and were mentioned in only an afterthought in a somewhat obscure interview IMO this trip is being paid for by Arie out of his own pocket. IMO he can probably well afford to do that.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:33 am

Brill wrote:
agentcurls wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:Oh no, @agentcurls.  I can't see it as it is blocked on copyright grounds.  

Sorry about that. It did play for me, but it appears to be blocked. I'll try to find another way, maybe another fan video route.

Nice video, thanks for making it agentcurls!  :yes: :claphands  Have you sent it to Arie and Lauren?  I'm sure they would love it!

Hope someone will send the videos to Arie and Lauren. I think it would be uplifting for them not only to see their love documented but to know that others support their love. I know one of Arie's brothers - I think Luca - was here one the forum during Emily's season but haven't heard whether any family member of either Lauren's or Arie's was visiting/posting this season.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:34 am

Lucas15 wrote:
Bet2Win wrote:Yes, North, someone got a tent...can't remember who.  

Jason and Molly got the tent that they had that "overnight tent date" in.

There have been some trips gifted at the ATFR to past couples but IMO they may not have been paid for by the show - maybe comped by the the travel promotion agency in a particular country or hotel as publicity. But since neither Iceland nor Barcelona were featured in any way during the season, and were mentioned in only an afterthought in a somewhat obscure interview IMO this trip is being paid for by Arie out of his own pocket. IMO he can probably well afford to do that.
Yeah, there was one snippet from Courtney’s podcast with RS where she said (paraphrasing)that she told Arie to make sure he gets Lauren a really nice ring, implying from the show, and Arie was like, “I can afford to get her a really nice ring on my own” ... to which Courtney replied, “get her the Neil Lane”  laugh out loud

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:53 am

docnash14 wrote:Hope someone will send the videos to Arie and Lauren.  I think it would be uplifting for them not only to see their love documented but to know that others support their love.  I know one of Arie's brothers - I think Luca - was here on the forum during Emily's season but haven't heard whether any family member of either Lauren's or Arie's was visiting/posting this season.

It's certainly possible - IMO we usually don't know the real identity of posters and will (rightly) protect any that we do know. But this is a pretty well-known forum and I think it's not too farfetched to think that certain things posted here will get back to the participants. In the case of this video - I hope they do.

TheWrongReasons wrote:Yeah, there was one snippet from Courtney’s podcast with RS where she said (paraphrasing)that she told Arie to make sure he gets Lauren a really nice ring, implying from the show, and Arie was like, “I can afford to get her a really nice ring on my own” ... to which Courtney replied, “get her the Neil Lane”  laugh out loud

I think that's just what Arie did. Whether he paid for it or not I don't know - IMO NL certainly got enough mileage out of the ring that it would have been well worth his while to have given it away for publicity (as I believe is the case with all the other rings on the show). But I could also see Arie wanting to pay for it just on principle - it would mean more and IMO Arie wants to do nice and meaningful things for Lauren.

I thought RS's podcast with Courtney was one of the most fascinating hours I've spent this show season. I thought RS was a terrible interviewer - especially when he tried to dominate Courtney by expressing his own (rather negative) views of Arie but she just wasn't buying it and that frustrated RS. The role of a good interviewer is, IMO, not to express your own views but rather ask questions to draw out the views of the interviewee and RS failed miserably in doing that.

Courtney on the other hand did great. Yes - she's biased because she's a close friend and has known Arie for 6 years but she's also been Arie's confidant and she's perhaps had more deep conversations with Arie than any one else in the world and she may know Arie better than Arie knows Arie. (Lauren is probably going to catch up rather quickly, IMO). But it was a fascinating insight into Arie's thought process during the ending and aftermath of normal filming and I walked away believing that Arie really did fall in love with Lauren. I thought her answer to one of the few good questions RS asked ("Would you say that Arie loved Becca but was in love with Lauren?) which was "Yes - 100%. 1000%" is spot on - IMO.

Last edited by Lucas15 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Lucas15

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:08 am

Oh, I think what Courtney meant was that Arie had wanted to pay for a nice ring himself (which is cute!) but Courtney told him to get Lauren a Neil Lane ring from the show, which is a great idea - free ring is always good no matter how much $ you have Smiley They ended up going the Neil Lane route!

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:14 am

TheWrongReasons wrote:Oh, I think  what Courtney meant was that Arie had wanted to pay for a nice ring himself (which is cute!) but Courtney told him to get Lauren a Neil Lane ring from the show, which is a great idea - free ring is always good no matter how much $ you have Smiley They ended up going the Neil Lane route!

That particular ring seems to have a significance no matter who paid for it. I believe this is the ring that Arie thought would be perfect for "the other girl" (ie Lauren). It drew Arie to it in somewhat the same way he was drawn to Lauren in the first place. Destiny?

Last edited by Lucas15 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:31 am; edited 3 times in total

Lucas15

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:20 am

Lucas15 wrote:
TheWrongReasons wrote:Oh, I think  what Courtney meant was that Arie had wanted to pay for a nice ring himself (which is cute!) but Courtney told him to get Lauren a Neil Lane ring from the show, which is a great idea - free ring is always good no matter how much $ you have Smiley They ended up going the Neil Lane route!

That particular ring seems to have a significance no matter who paid for it. I believe this is the ring that Arie thought would be perfect for "the other girl" (ie Lauren). It drew Arie to it in somewhat the same way he was drawn to Lauren in the first place. Destiny?
ITA! A lot about these two kind of conveys Destiny to me.

It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
You remember that?
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:14 am

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they didn't have the usual camera pan on the NL ring during the proposal? I thought that was unusual and while I was watching I wondered if Arie paid for it on his own. They have been treated very well IMHO starting from the classy FS to the designer dresses she's recently posted on IG.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - FAN Forum - General Discussion

+51
Norcalgal
suzq
Eagle Eye
Jolena
Relalou